Beginners and Beyond

WednesDAILIES: Yodel le he hoo (Read 44 times)

Mattchiro

Happy to be here.

Good Morning All.  I got in an easy 4 miles yesterday, hoping to repeat the same today.  It's perfect cold running weather in the Great NW.

Half PR:  1:34 (August, 2012)

Marathon PR:  3:45 (October, 2012)

Next race:  ???

Next Marathon:  2015???

B-Plus

LOL.

Lol. You can wear your runsie on top. It was 30 degrees when I woke up. That was a shocker. Good thing it will warm up by the time I get out for my 3-5 miles.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Can I participate?  It would be something like 5 miles in 81F.  That's Winter weather!

Damaris

LRB

Can I participate?  It would be something like 5 miles in 81F.  That's Winter weather!

You can keep that winter weather. lol

Mmmmm...beer

Hey everyone!

Did 5 easy taper miles this morning.  SRD tomorrow, shakeout run Fri morning, then hit the road for Richmond! (it's only a 3 hour drive, so not bad at all)

I already have my bib, had it mailed to me since I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to make it to the expo, but we'll go check out the expo before we check into the hotel.  Expos are funny now, I remember my first one for my first half marathon, I was all excited, checked out every vendor and bought a bunch of stuff, now I look around for a lil bit, get bored, don't buy anything and leave. lol

Weather is still looking absolutely perfect, should be around 30* for the start and around 40* by the time I finish.

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Toronto

Seven Deadly Shins

looks like great running weather! good luck!

Weather is still looking absolutely perfect, should be around 30* for the start and around 40* by the time I finish.

B-Plus

Hey everyone!

Did 5 easy taper miles this morning.  SRD tomorrow, shakeout run Fri morning, then hit the road for Richmond! (it's only a 3 hour drive, so not bad at all)

You'll be done in less time than the driving!

LRB

Good call.  lol

LRB

Some lady just gave me a rose.  I cannot say that that has ever happened before. lol

outoftheblue

I had a really nice 11 mile run outside yesterday.  it was 65 degrees and overcast and all the trees by the golf course were in autumn colors.  Today, it's just 5 recovery miles on the mill.

My chickens are all molting, or just finishing their molts right now.  When their new features grow in, they are so shiny and pretty.  They look like brand new chickens.   But with the molts and shorter days, egg production has dropped dramatically.  We are getting 2 or 3 eggs a day with 12 hens. Basically, my family and friends are being cut out of the free eggs until Spring.    I'm very  glad to be raising my own birds.  In commercial egg farms, the flock is, ah, *retired* when the hens start to molt, and replaced with 6 month old hens who have not molted yet and  will continue to lay throughout the winter.   I feel my hens have earned a break for the winter, however.

Life is good.

From the Internet.

I had a really nice 11 mile run outside yesterday.  it was 65 degrees and overcast and all the trees by the golf course were in autumn colors.  Today, it's just 5 recovery miles on the mill.

My chickens are all molting, or just finishing their molts right now.  When their new features grow in, they are so shiny and pretty.  They look like brand new chickens.   But with the molts and shorter days, egg production has dropped dramatically.  We are getting 2 or 3 eggs a day with 12 hens. Basically, my family and friends are being cut out of the free eggs until Spring.    I'm very  glad to be raising my own birds.  In commercial egg farms, the flock is, ah, *retired* when the hens start to molt, and replaced with 6 month old hens who have not molted yet and  will continue to lay throughout the winter.   I feel my hens have earned a break for the winter, however.

I cannot stop giggling - I assume that was supposed to be feathers but now I'm picturing chickens with like, shiny chrome wheels and interesting antennae and stuff.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

LOL.

Damaris

outoftheblue

Now I'm laughing!  Pretty good typo, huh?

Life is good.

Mmmmm...beer

LOL  Didn't even think of that!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Pop in -

Post marathon vacation has left me busy as F catching up.  Still running my ass off -  still planning to RR.

will catch up asap.