Beginners and Beyond

The DAILIES wil be back in 5 minutes... (Read 46 times)

happylily

Somebody earlier said your log has to be public for it to count. 

I never participate in no stinkin contest anyway. 

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

The thing for me about running 6 days again is that I can be at race weight in the wink of an eye.

I thought my race weight was 144-145...

I seem to be settling in at 148-150 (and yes that is just 4-5 lbs... but that shit adds up!)

( with weather typical in the summer, I lose 4 lbs per 10 miles that I need to recoup. Meaning on my 16 milers I come back in and barely make 140...   If I see 13x on the scale I think I will shit myself...   I haven't been that weight since a freshman in college with a 27" waist...

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

And we can hold an 'unofficial' mileage 'contest'.

I'm not going to run more just to compete,  its just gonna be what it is...

Zelanie

1,091 for me in case anybody is keeping score at home.  Not too shabby considering my total for 2013 was 1548.8.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Sign me in at a 1049.

Damaris

StepbyStep-SH

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

hog4life

I haven't read any of this today, but just want to ask a stupid question so we can get to 100 posts.

How many pairs of shoes do you run in? Hurry too, cause I get off work in an hour.

Mmmmm...beer

Kinda forgot to check in today. Smile

5 this morning and 5 more this evening.  Plan only had 5 recovery this morning, but I felt like doing some more this evening, so I did. 

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Zelanie

Usually I rotate through 4 pairs, but since I have 2 pairs that were too close to retirement to bring down here, I technically have 6 "active" pairs at the moment.  I brought 3 with me, all lowish miles so that they could last the trip.

I haven't read any of this today, but just want to ask a stupid question so we can get to 100 posts.

How many pairs of shoes do you run in? Hurry too, cause I get off work in an hour.

Just one pair, I don't know how you'd wear more than that.

Dave

hog4life

Just one pair, I don't know how you'd wear more than that.

Ding ding ding.

I run in one pair too, lol.

Zelanie

More pairs = lots more cushion!  

hog4life

More pairs = lots more cushion!  

LOL!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Like I said in another thread, you do not want to know how many shoes I rotate.

Damaris

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Ding ding ding.

I run in one pair too, lol.

I don't see how you can't not run in one pair....trying to run in 2 pairs would be kind of awkward and clumsy.... 

I just bought 2 more pairs of ASICS Nimbus, but am not wearing those yet, I am saving them for the future, as I currently have 6 pairs already in my rotation.

As for mileage, I have a whopping 436 total miles for 2014 so far.  I probably win for LOWEST mileage, lol.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt