Beginners and Beyond

Where Are All the SUNDAILIES? (Read 54 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

LOL.  Too late...

We should stop before this gets awkward Smile

Damaris

We've helped a guy with an itchy bung, nothing here is awkward Wink

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

We've helped a guy with an itchy bung, nothing here is awkward Wink

Yep, good point.  We're happily dysfunctional in these parts.  Not to be confused with HapyLily, dysfunctional...Smile

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Bahahah.

Yep, good point.  We're happily dysfunctional in these parts.  Not to be confused with HapyLily, dysfunctional...Smile

Damaris

SIAR, I'm happy that your mojo is returning.

Thanks for the explanation, Damaris.

One set of each weighted exercise, twenty-seven minutes on the AMT, foam rolling, and stretching are done. I'll do ab work at home.

After this morning's run, I'm beginning to worry about meeting my goal of a sub-2:00:00 (I'll take 1:59:59.99!) HM next week:/

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

6 more miles.  Lower Dewpoint = faster run.  Which is why I hate morning running!

Damaris

LRB

After this morning's run, taper madness is beginning to well, make me mad.

FYP!  Cool

You will be fine.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Don't lie to her!

FYP!  Cool

You will be fine.

Damaris

Will run for scenery.

I woke up well after Heidi was done kickin' major ass, had a leisurely couple hours of coffee and crosswords, then headed out for my best friggin' run of the season. Just an awesome LSD run uphill for 5-ish miles and then back down again. First time to run uphill that long and be totally relaxed the whole way. And to run that far downhill without knee pain : priceless. Thank you strength training. Thank you medial quadriceps.

To top it off, I found a place that serves an excellent recovery beverage with gin, blood oranges and Campari. Mmm, summertime!

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Now you made me think my martini was not worth it.  Campari, mmmmm.

Damaris

LRB

I haven't drank gin in a million years.  Boy those were the days!

scappodaqui

rather be sprinting

Hello all,

Completed my 5K race today at 24:43 (127 out of 697).  Ran faster than I expected but felt good.  Now I have to wait for the Half Marathon next week.

Congrats!  Faster than expected but felt good = definition of good race, bodes well for the HM.

Marjorie, I guess it's a tradeoff--stamina vs. intensity so that's OK.  I still admire the mental strength of pushing through long runs.

Damaris--it's funny, I do better with a slightly higher dew point BUT I think probably still lower than is normal for Florida.  Glad you had a good 6 though.

PRs: 5k 19:25, mile 5:38, HM 1:30:56

Lifting PRs: bench press 125lb, back squat 205 lb, deadlift 245lb

13.2 for me in between kids soccer games and passing thunderstorms.