Beginners and Beyond

Tremallose Thursday Penguins (Read 17 times)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Scotty - if you want to do 5 days, you might try doing two days run, one day off, two days run, one day off, etc. It would mean a rotating schedule, with each week different.  Two weeks out of three would be 5 days, and one would be four.  Only problem is with your races, which may not fit into the two days on part.

Damaris - enjoy your torture tonight.

Z - have fun with the social run.  How are the kids doing with their runs?

Obie - enjoy your rest.  Maybe do a walk to loosen up the muscles?

HM - sorry about the sore knees.  My dad had to give up singing with his group because it was too hard to stand for so long (he has a back injury dating back to WWII).  I hope chorus goes better for you.

Jack - enjoy the rest.  Is your wife feeling nervous about her first marathon?  Have fun with your movies and carb loading.

PAD - good job on the 4.5.  That bunny is fast, hard to catch sometimes.

AFM - I intend to do a few miles later, but no idea when or where.

Ginny, do what I do sometimes...just go out the door of your house, make a turn on the spur of the moment and just start running.  Don't even think about where you're going...just turn down a road when you feel like it.   You never know where you end up and sometimes get to see some really 'unique' things along the way. I sometimes go to the park nearby me and do this 'adventuring' run on the trails there in the park, with no laid out plan our course.  It can be a lot of fun!  It's even more fun when you go do it somewhere you've never been before and don't know any of the routes.  When I travel, I love going out my hotel door and just getting myself lost in strange territory on a run and then having to find my way back again.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

After a hard gym workout yesterday. I opted to chase the bunny today with 4.5 easy rather than intervals, giving me 300.1 for the year and 599.9 to go.

Poor bunny, always being chased.  He's probably a basket case by now....

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Hi Pens.

SRD for me after a six mile run and DD track banquet last night. Today I am carb load shopping for DW and me, going to get DD from swim practice, and tonight I plan on giving my DVR a workout. DW has her parent volunteer dinner that she does every year so I am going to catch up on the few shows that I watch. The kids can fend for themselves. Wink

Have a good day. It's almost Friday...

Carb load shopping?

Careful.....

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Scotty: Thanks for the tip!  LOL!!!

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

3.1 for us.  Last mile at 10:16 with DW holding my water bottle in front of me like a carrot (mean Bunny).  Even broke a sweat at 48DP.  Now ready for a 6 miler sometime this weekend.

Keep runnin' Scotty !!!    

GinnyinPA

Scotty - that is more or less what I do.  I don't have a lot of options, because I live a few miles outside of town and there are only a few small residential neighborhoods nearby where I can run - otherwise it's long winding rural roads with few intersections - but I do mix up the streets as much as possible. I often go out not knowing whether my run will be 3, 4, 5, 8 or more miles.  I don't much like driving to town to run, though it's flatter and there are more streets there, because it's a small town with a few nice neighborhoods, but many not so nice ones.  It makes a change though, so sometimes I'll run into town and meet my husband at the library or ice cream stand.

In any case, today DH dropped me off after a visit to the grocery and library at the top of the hill and I ran home, making 4.8 miles.  It was only 72, but the humidity was high so it felt like 80.  Not much for some of you, but I was not handling it well, so I didn't stretch it out as much as usual.  I should have brought water, but figured it wasn't necessary for a short run.  I kept wishing one of the storm clouds in the distance would pass my way and drop a few raindrops, but they all went elsewhere.