Beginners and Beyond

FriDAILIES! Now that's what's up (Read 41 times)

Unbelievable. My bank just called me. The problem?

The agent at check-in kept mispelling my name when entering it. I know that I have an extremely ethnic last name, but still. I was offered a voucher. I asked for a refund to my card. That's now pending.

my travel agent is an honest man. He's the type who's willing to take a personal hit, rather than engage in dishonest or otherwise shady business.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I am taking today, and maybe tomorrow as rest days to give my hamstring and whatever else could be causing problems a chance to relax. Running at this very moment only seems to agitate my hamstring, not feeling pain but just slight tightness that could easily turn into excruciating pain during the marathon.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Oh, and Jay Deezy won at the internet yesterday!

Apparently I got offline too early last night lol.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

DavePNW

Still nothing. Everything Dr. Google suggests about my knee says recovery could be "a few weeks", and resuming activity (e.g. running a marathon, presumably?) too soon will delay recovery, So will continue to be cautious & play by ear. Hopefully will be ready for a 10k on 11/16.

Dave

DavePNW

The agent at check-in kept mispelling my name when entering it. I know that I have an extremely ethnic last name, but still. I was offered a voucher. I asked for a refund to my card. That's now pending.

my travel agent is an honest man. He's the type who's willing to take a personal hit, rather than engage in dishonest or otherwise shady business.

Well that whole situation bites. I would think you would've had a confirmation number on your reservation that they wouldn't have to worry about spelling. In any case, I know you were questioning whether running MCM was a good idea anyway. Fate intervening, maybe? (Don't tell Oski.) Get healthy & find another race. Good luck!

Dave

Cyberic99, have a great tempo run.

Lily, I hope that your checkup goes well.

Phil, excellent eight.

scottydawg, feel well. Good luck tomorrow.

Lauren, have a great run/walk.

FreeSoul87, heal soon.

DaveP MI, I hope that your knee trouble ends ASAP.

I'm home and unpacked. Next? Nap, then more coffee and some sewing.

runninggirl30

Hey All,

Getting back to running today (finally).  That respiratory virus was a fun one.  I could barley talk at times without hacking so I really didn't feel like pushing myself to run.   My knee started hurting last week for no apparent reason, I don't remember doing anything to it.  I got a sharp pain when it was bent to much and then it started to shoot up my leg to my hip.  The other day I was sitting at my desk and turned to get up, well I must have twisted it just right and felt a little painless pop.  Eureka!  Immediately after that I was healed. Smile Must have done something before to get it a little out of whack.  So I'm back at it today, Yay!

Have a happy Friday everyone!

DavePNW

Hey All,

Getting back to running today (finally).  That respiratory virus was a fun one.  I could barley talk at times without hacking so I really didn't feel like pushing myself to run.   My knee started hurting last week for no apparent reason, I don't remember doing anything to it.  I got a sharp pain when it was bent to much and then it started to shoot up my leg to my hip.  The other day I was sitting at my desk and turned to get up, well I must have twisted it just right and felt a little painless pop.  Eureka!  Immediately after that I was healed. Smile Must have done something before to get it a little out of whack.  So I'm back at it today, Yay!

Have a happy Friday everyone!

This is when I try to have a conversation after having a few beers.

Dave

Baboon

delicate flower

It looks like B-Plus was drunk last night??

<3

DavePNW

It looks like B-Plus was drunk last night??

Definitely some barley talk on the forum.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I am planning on running and lifting weights.

Thought this was just too funny when I saw it in FB:

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

What the fuck, Basya?  That sucks!  I would call the airline and get your refund ASAP, an apology, and some fucking vouchers.  What a clusterfuck!  I am sorry you have to go through this and that there are no other options for you with the Sabbath. :/

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Seriously?  You missed the stupid flight because the guy kept spelling your name wrong?  That's unacceptable!

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

runninggirl, nice to see you getting better.

And LOL at the barley talk.

Damaris

happylily

Basya, if you get vouchers, get busy picky a new destination for a race that you can do as soon as you feel ready for one!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010