Beginners and Beyond

Race Packets - What Do YOU Get? (Read 83 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Damn, totally forgot that one! I've got 3, one is under the sink holding various chemicals, another has clothing and photography books/running mags/etc.. in it and this one I don't know yet.

The best three items I've received are:  1.)  5-gallon bucket (Evansville Half does this every year)  2.)  Recyclable grocery bag (Flying Pig, et al)  3.)  Drawstring bags.  These are all items I use frequently, so they're incredibly useful to me.  Most of the other stuff...  Not so much, unless it's unhealthy food.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

By the way, I heard that Canadians and Europeans had received their commemorative book a week early, before Americans. I was wondering if Americans had received a special edition (a more patriotic one, maybe...) because of the events. LTH, Jay... what was the cover of yours like?

recordbook

Runny_babbit

hop, hop, hop...

At one race I received a pair of Saucony running socks and a whole tube of nuun tablets. Still scratching my head over the vegetable oil sample I received at another race though. *shrug*

MM #8764 / HF #6535 / Double Agent #668

PRs: 5K - 27:43, 10K - 57:14, HM - 2:06:18, FM - 5:22:42

~How old would you be if you didn't know how old you were supposed to be?~