Beginners and Beyond

TUESDAILIES: It Ain't Friday Yet (Read 35 times)

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

G'Morning, Dailies, and happy Tuesday!

I decided that instead of doing a run in an unknown town tomorrow (Beckley, W. Va), I would do my run today instead. 5 miles in the somewhat hot and very humid morning Florida sun. It's not as hot here in Jacksonville as it is down D's way (Miami), but it's plenty hot enough. Anyway, had a nice run in a small city park and enjoyed it despite the last mile being strangely difficult.

I think the combination of having run yesterday, the humidity, and the fact that I had a little Scotch last night had a slight negative effect on my run. Still, I did it and didn't crash and/or burn. I feel great now!

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

Can I go home already?  Starbucks was closed because the AC broke so I've had no coffee!

NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!  I don't know how to embed the image, but this Dilbert explains my feelings on coffee precisely:

http://dilbert.com/strips/comic/2006-10-18/

Thanks to a lot of rain, my last two runs have been treadmill runs.  I'll be looking to end that streak today and get back outside.

Y'know, I realized something yesterday.  I don't generally get the runner's high folks describe, but when I run in the rain, I get positively giddy.  Maybe it's something about the taboo of it, I don't know, but I just love it.

Hip Redux

I decided that instead of doing a run in an unknown town tomorrow (Beckley, W. Va),

Hey - I've been to Beckley!     A couple of times, actually.    I didn't run though, and frankly, the way people drive on the back country roads out of town... I don't know if I would!

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Waiting to hear from dh if Hammy needs surgery or not. He had a huge wart between the pads of his back paw. We've been treating it but they had him scheduled today to surgically remove it. It was tons better and he wasn't limping anymore   Just waiting to hear from dh if they are doing the surgery or letting him go. I'm hoping no surgery. Poor guy has had a lot these last few years. He needs a break.

Marjorie

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

G'Morning, Dailies, and happy Tuesday!

I decided that instead of doing a run in an unknown town tomorrow (Beckley, W. Va), I would do my run today instead. 5 miles in the somewhat hot and very humid morning Florida sun. It's not as hot here in Jacksonville as it is down D's way (Miami), but it's plenty hot enough. Anyway, had a nice run in a small city park and enjoyed it despite the last mile being strangely difficult.

I think the combination of having run yesterday, the humidity, and the fact that I had a little Scotch last night had a slight negative effect on my run. Still, I did it and didn't crash and/or burn. I feel great now!

Never run in the mornings unless you want to run in a soup bowl!

I called Starbucks and they are back in business.  I got my coffee and finally awoke.  But is it me or is the day crawling?

Damaris

Will run for scenery.

Today is a Tuesday for me, but Thursday is a Friday, so in a sense it's already hump day.

I'm a little worried about my ATs.  Last Thursday when I ran they were a little tight when I started out (as always) but instead of going slow n' easy I pushed it to keep up w/ a fellow runner.  Since then I've noticed little twinges of pain in the morning.

Tonight I'm gonna do the downtown pub run - with a good stretch and warmup - and hope everything feels okay!

STEP - congrats on "that Marathon you just did." You ran it, now use it!

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

LRB

But is it me or is the day crawling?

It's you.  Joking

LRB

Apparently, marathon training has inhibited my ability to construct a salad at my favorite salad bar joint, that weighs less than a pound and a half!  Roll eyes

Hip Redux

Apparently, marathon training has inhibited my ability to construct a salad at my favorite salad bar joint, that weighs less than a pound and a half!  Roll eyes

And lettuce doesn't even weight that much.  What do you have on that sucker?

Hip Redux

Waiting to hear from dh if Hammy needs surgery or not. He had a huge wart between the pads of his back paw. We've been treating it but they had him scheduled today to surgically remove it. It was tons better and he wasn't limping anymore   Just waiting to hear from dh if they are doing the surgery or letting him go. I'm hoping no surgery. Poor guy has had a lot these last few years. He needs a break.

Any news?

Damaris, enjoy the nine with intervals. I'm glad that you procured caffeined.

Phil, have fun taking it outside.

kristin10185, have a pleasant time, whatever you do.

Dave, have a wonderful easy run.

Rick, have fun doubling.

Oski, good luck with PT and the run.

Nicole, I'm glad that you had fun at the wedding. Have a pleasant run this evening.

Zelanie, enjoy your RD.

Shari, I hope that strength training goes well.

Andrew, fantastic five.

Tom, bravo on the sweaty five.

Marjorie, excellent 11.2. I hope tht Hammy heals quickly.

jjs22, enjoy the pub run.

I drank coffee. Pure comedy hold with my kids today. My break is ending in a bit. Enjoy the rest of the afternoon.

LRB

The usual beets, broccoli, chick peas and what-not...a crap ton of what-not apparently.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Tuesday is usually a running day for me, but after running Saturday and Sunday and then doing a very hilly 5-mile event yesterday, I think I will make today a rest day.    Plus, today will be another 100+ degree day.  All this week, actually!  Come on, Mother Nature, it's September already, start cooling off!

Here is the link to my report and photos for my event yesterday.  Very nice party after the run at a local winery.  I took nearly 100 photos!

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/BF_and_Beyond/forum/5b61ecb9880a4321a13e89fb248e907e/resume#focus

Holidays for Sep 3 are Welsh Rarebit Day (Welsh rabbit; a dish made with a savoury sauce of melted cheese and various other ingredients);  Skyscraper Day; Football Day; and in Montana, it's "Running of the Sheep" Day...guess all the lonely cowboy bachelors will be at that one! Wink

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-KIKvXPxL2aE/UC3rkq5qOgI/AAAAAAAAFKs/sWEuPPjG2do/s400/sheep+and+dog+cartoon.jpg

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

As an avid salad bar eater,  I'm going to guess pasta salad. Those things weigh a lot.

- Andrew

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

That is what I am being today, Basya....a lightweight... Joking

Nice shiny new avatar, Damaris!  You have beautiful.....eyes..... Big grin   Good luck with you intervals in your extreme heat!

Hope the weather cooperates for you, Baboon.  Send the rain our way, please!

3 week break from work, wow......just how much catching up will you have to do, Kristin?  Sounds like some long work days ahead for you.

Happy first day of school to your little one, Dave!  Going back to school song...  "And another gets on.. and another gets on...another one rides the bus!"  Big grin

Congrats on your good run, LRB.

Dang, Oski....sounds like PT for you will mean "Permanent Therapy."   Good luck!

So much for a 'relaxing' holiday weekend for you, Hobbit!  Hope your knee is not too bad and behaves itself when you run.

Happy RD, Zelanie.  You may need it after first day of school.

Hope your strength class went well, Step, and you enjoyed the time with your friends.

I wish we had your temps down here for running, Andrew!

Glad your run went well, Tom.  Awww, what's wrong with running in unknown towns?  I love doing that...getting lost and then finding my way back, exploring along the way...fun stuff!

I'm the exact opposite about coffee, granite running, lol.  Hate the stuff, even the smell of it!  Rain running can be fun! Long as there is no lightning out there, of course.  We have not had rain in so long down here I've forgotten what it's like to run in rain.

Awww, poor doggie, Marjorie.  Wishing you all the best for him.

Happy early Hump Day for you, jj!  Sorry about your AT issues, but thanks for reminding me, I have to order some new heel cushions.  As a temp fix for your AT, you might get  heel cushions (like Sorbothane, Spenco, etc) and use those in your running shoes to take the tension off your ATs while they are getting back to 100%.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt