Beginners and Beyond

Loaded gun, people? (Read 108 times)

From the Internet.

There really needs to be more public education on the dangers of toddlers.

Guns don't kill people, toddlers do!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Guns don't kill people, toddlers do!

I thought this when Baboon posted his response!

Damaris

RSX

I guess the toddler wasn't top of his class, or as educated as his mom was on guns.

So-called "inside story"

"So many people get stuck in the routine of life that their dreams waste away. This is about living the dream." - Cave Dog
          DavePNW

So-called "inside story"

This is pretty much the same info reported elsewhere.

Dave

Buelligan

It's incredible to me that this woman was supposed to have been so intelligent and knew so much about guns... but didn't know anything about 2 year old children.

This is pretty much the same info reported elsewhere.

ah, ok. I hadn't seen the "special" purse part.

"So many people get stuck in the routine of life that their dreams waste away. This is about living the dream." - Cave Dog
                DavePNW

It's incredible to me that this woman was supposed to have been so intelligent and knew so much about guns... but didn't know anything about 2 year old children.

Well I don't know about that, seems she just screwed up. My wife & I screwed up plenty with our kids, and look back & say "what were we thinking". There just never happened to be a loaded gun involved.

Dave

Buelligan

Well I don't know about that, seems she just screwed up.

I refuse to accept that "she just screwed up" excuse.   Would you have ever left a pill bottle filled with drugs next to your 2 year old and turned your back?  I don't see much difference in the obliviousness of that and a purse with a loaded pistol in it.  Her father said he was upset that gun control advocates are using his daughter as an excuse to grandstand on gun rights;

“They are painting Veronica as irresponsible, and that is not the case...”

It's not hard to see where she got her obliviousness from.  How this man could think his daughter was not irresponsible for putting an unsecured loaded pistol within arms reach of an unsupervised 2 year old is a testament to that.

...How this man could think his daughter was not irresponsible for putting an unsecured loaded pistol within arms reach of an unsupervised 2 year old is a testament to that.

"in the back of the store, near the electronics section, the purse was left unattended for a moment."

I wouldn't leave anything unattended in a Wal-Mart - except maybe cart with items not paid for yet. Wallet and phone are in my pockets.

RSX

When my kids were toddlers I was afraid of them falling out of the shopping cart so either had a hand on them, or ready to grab either just in case. Not watching them for a moment wasn't an option.