Beginners and Beyond

Monday Penguins It's Time To Put One Foot In Front Of The Other (Read 201 times)

Zelanie

Good morning!  First day back to school for me today.  And of course somebody had the bright idea that we should have a before-school meeting, boo.  I have my MLR, which is still just 7, tonight after work.

Scotty, sorry to hear that your athritis has progressed.  And you're already at 4 races in 7 days, yikes!  It seems like you're feeling good when you're out there running, which is great.  And I know you love your events, maybe be a course volunteer for some of them instead of running them?  That way you could be there, get some pictures, and enjoy the festivities without killing your back?

Kristin- Joining a gym and finding other ways to keep active might be a great thing if you can swing it.

One Half So Far

Zel, it looks like I'm going to join you at Corvallis half on 4/14, if that's the one you're doing.  Seems a little less crowded/hectic than Eugene will be two weeks later.

Also, got my first 20 mile week ever last week.  Progress,etc.

Hope everyone has a good day

~Jeff~

PR: 5K 26:34 (Would have been faster if I hadn't had to tie my shoe), 5M: 43:10, 10K: 54:51. First HM 4/14/13 2:03:23

6/1: Moonlight 5M, Springfield 43:10

7/4 Butte to Butte 10K, Eugene

7/21 Run in the Country HM, Coburg

Another HM sometime in October or November.  Several to choose from.

Zelanie

Jeff, I would love to see you there!  Sounds like fun. Smile  How did your New Year's run go?

Singer who runs a smidge

Hi Penguins!!  I'm having a very groggy Monday.  There was a lot of singing on the drive in, because it helps me stay awake!  I'm avoiding swimming today so that I can run tonight.  2013 is not starting off to be a stellar running year, doh!

Gustav -- hope you catch up with the world!

Awood -- have fun with the house full of people!  Any chance they'll watch the game?

Docket -- have a good SRD!!

Phillie -- I still have stuff up in my office from Christmas.  I really need to get that down today, it's getting annoying.

Jerryb -- hope you get a run outside!  How is DW feeling?

scottydawg -- being from Washington, DH was rooting for the Seahawks all the way.  I agree about the Skins' backup quarterback, though.

Bin -- sorry you're having electronics woes!!

hog -- good luck on your scan!!

D2 -- have a good day!!

N-Bug -- have a good SRD!!

kristin -- sorry you're cardio-cranky!!

Zelanie -- good luck on your MLR!!  My sister had a 7:30 AM meeting at her school this morning.  I'm lucky nobody here gets up that early!

JDrumm -- woo-hoo on your progress!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

SheCan

Morning everyoone.   Just trying to motivate myself to do my LR, and thought i'd peek in here on the way.

Gustav-  great job hanging in there.  I think all this other exercise is going to make you a better runner by the time you're able to take it up again.

Awood- enjoy your company tonight.

Philliefan-  awesome runs!  I got my Christmas decorations put away Friday, and it felt soooo good.  Like a weight had been lifted.

Jerry-  good luck getting outside to run.  It's always so much better that way.

Bin- ugh@ watch troubles.  I've been having a few of those myself.  Hopefully you'll get it worked out.

scotty-  Sad  Sorry your back is causing issues.  I know doctors try to take care of us, but I always remind them that its my body first and foremost, and that they're merely consultants.  You know your limitations and abilities better then any doctor ever will. Be careful but be as amazing as you can.

Kristin-  I'd be cranky too.  Can you do any walking?  Perhaps this is time to catch up on a good book?

Zelanie, have fun on your first day back to school!  Good for you for making yourself do those miles after work.

J.Drumm- awesome job on your progress!

Hopesmom-  you're lucky to have such musical talent!

HI HI everyone else I missed!

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

tracilynn

Dead Still sick as hell. Getting worse. I have a dr appt at 1:40.  I hope to GOD it's an infection so I can at least take antibiotics.

Woke up to my youngest barfing everywhere. Thank god grandma came and picked up the other 2 so I can take care of this vomit queen. Nice update huh? At least I can't smell anything!

good day everyone and happy running vibes to everyone ~~~~vibes~~~~

~~~~~~~

Traci

Tori Runs in PA

Pittsburgh RN!

Good morning everyone!!

Just sitting in a long day of lecture 8-330. BOO.

have a great day!

Do or do not, there is no try. 

My first races EVER! 

Saxonburg Distance Series 5KRaces: 

#1: 7-14-2012 Cross Country Crusade 5K: 42:50 

#2: 8-11-2012 Roebling's Run 5K: 38:54

#3: 9-8-2012 Festival of the Arts 5K: 36:37

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

traci sorry you and the little one are so sick! Hope both of you feel much better soon!

I have been going for walks....this weekend I was with my bf and his dog so we got 2 walks a day. Not the same as running though Sad

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Tori Runs in PA

Pittsburgh RN!

Dang, Traci, I hope you feel better soon. :-(

Dead Still sick as hell. Getting worse. I have a dr appt at 1:40.  I hope to GOD it's an infection so I can at least take antibiotics.

Woke up to my youngest barfing everywhere. Thank god grandma came and picked up the other 2 so I can take care of this vomit queen. Nice update huh? At least I can't smell anything!

good day everyone and happy running vibes to everyone ~~~~vibes~~~~

Do or do not, there is no try. 

My first races EVER! 

Saxonburg Distance Series 5KRaces: 

#1: 7-14-2012 Cross Country Crusade 5K: 42:50 

#2: 8-11-2012 Roebling's Run 5K: 38:54

#3: 9-8-2012 Festival of the Arts 5K: 36:37

Snickers1230

Sorry about your back Scotty!  But I would think it's a good sign that it still feels good to you.  But I'm not a Dr... Big grin

I missed my run on Saturday.  I just wanted/needed a lazy day.  I got up to do an adoption for the rescue, but spent the rest of the day in my sweat pants.  Lol.  My dog was being pretty clingy too so I just laid around with her Smile

I did get in an easy run yesterday and today is an SRD.  Going for my first speed workout in a while tomorrow.

Formerly Jackie_601 on RW

Next up:

4/27 - Green 6.2 10K

hog4life

Traci, boo on being sick, hope you both feel better soon.

I got 5.13 miles in with 4 x 1200's around 8:00 pace. Plan called for 6, but it just wasn't happening today. Going for a nap.

One Half So Far

It was cold, so I ran hard.  54:51, PR.  Sub 9 pace Smile Took off like a bat out of hell again, but held it together for longer this time.  Started to fade at about 5 miles.

Jeff, I would love to see you there!  Sounds like fun. Smile  How did your New Year's run go?

PR: 5K 26:34 (Would have been faster if I hadn't had to tie my shoe), 5M: 43:10, 10K: 54:51. First HM 4/14/13 2:03:23

6/1: Moonlight 5M, Springfield 43:10

7/4 Butte to Butte 10K, Eugene

7/21 Run in the Country HM, Coburg

Another HM sometime in October or November.  Several to choose from.

From the Internet.

PT this morning - they took a video of me running on the treadmill and then did a bunch of exercises and some stretching. The video thing was cool. From behind it's obvious that my left knee turns in when I strike and that rotation is what's been stressing the tibia. Lots of hip strengthening, and I should be back in action in 1-2 weeks Big grin

Sloooow.

Traci- sorry you and your girl are so sick! It's bad enough being ill, but it's so much worse when the kids are sick too.

Scotty- sorry about the back! Agree with others in the respect that, you know your body too. I'm sure you will figure out what is best for you.

I ran this morning and I shouldn't have. The run yesterday was so hilly and uneven, my calves and ankles were very sore. I struggled to get to 2 miles on the treadmill, with a lot of pain in my calves, shins and ankles. Urgh. At least the sciatic pain wasn't bothering me! I think I will chill the rest of today, and tomorrow, see if it helps.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Good news Lauren!

Coralie sorry you're hurting Sad

Soooo.... I joined the gym a block from my apartment. I played hooky from work today (got home reallllllly late last night from my boyfriend's in MD because we were at the Redskins game and just wasn't feeling it, and I have a ton of sick days accrued right now), so I did some myrtl exercises and foam rolling and then decided I really needed to start doing cardio crosstraining because who knows how long it will be til I can run.....so I walked to the gym that's practically next door and signed up.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to