Beginners and Beyond

TaDA TuesDAILIES (Read 44 times)

Jess runs for bacon

Cool     WELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD!     Cool

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners, from injury to running. We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay a while (not literally)! And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours.

Jess runs for bacon

It's 3AM here. Can't sleep because I can't breathe. I'm 90% sure I have a broken rib. I had to take the opportunity to start the dailies though Smile

Wish me luck, I'll be heading to the ER when the sun comes up.

Will run for scenery.

Morning ?

I'm still up at 1:30.  Funny thing is I've got a banged up rib too.  I wiped out pretty hard during a trail run like 10 days ago.  Everything else is pretty much healed, but this one rib I landed on is still sore.  My impression is there's not much they can do about ribs other than give drugs to keep inflamation down.  If you can't breathe, that would be a good idea.

I'm starting to feel pretty stir-crazy from my recovery/taper.  Wish my race was over so I could just go out for a run. But I am looking forward to getting up into the mountains.

Off to sleep.  Off to sleep.   Offf    .....   to .... sleep....

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

StepbyStep-SH

Sending healing vibes to both of you! Take care!

I am really getting tired of these constant thunderstorms, every.single.day. I am meeting a friend at the Y for strength training this morning, and had planned to get my 4 miles running in by running there and back, but even though the storm seems to have mostly passed over, there is still random lightning on occasion. Sad I guess I'll try to find another time to go back to the Y later today with DS and get the miles in.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Jess runs for bacon

Morning ?

I'm still up at 1:30.  Funny thing is I've got a banged up rib too.  I wiped out pretty hard during a trail run like 10 days ago.  Everything else is pretty much healed, but this one rib I landed on is still sore.  My impression is there's not much they can do about ribs other than give drugs to keep inflamation down.  If you can't breathe, that would be a good idea.

I'm starting to feel pretty stir-crazy from my recovery/taper.  Wish my race was over so I could just go out for a run. But I am looking forward to getting up into the mountains.

Off to sleep.  Off to sleep.   Offf    .....   to .... sleep....

Hey me too! Stupid trails. I just want the drugs. Good luck at Leadville!

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Lilac maybe you just badly strained one if the muscles. Where was the pop you felt?

Marjorie

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Morning, Dailies!

I'm up early and the coffee's brewing. Handing out a cup on request!

Lilac - OUCH!! I hope it's just a bruise. I'll have to read up on what happened, since I'm sure that you've posted it already.

jjs - Ouch to you too! Hope that you've gotten to sleep by now.

Step - hope that the storms pass and that you get your run in.

Marjorie - good morning.

Heading out in a bit for a few miles. I have no idea how far I'll go - depends on how I feel. I drove all day yesterday, and then mowed until sundown yesterday evening. It was a long day.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

Well isn't this the Debbie Downer thread today. I am not going to cheer it up any, still no running for me hoping my calf/knee problem heals. Going for a sports massage this afternoon although not sure if that's the answer.

At least I did sleep last night, that's something.

Lilac, hooe you're OK!

We need Flarunner back here to just check in with her miles every morning like clockwork.

Hope lots of the rest of you have good runs today, if you can avoid whatever brutal heat/humidity and/or severe thunderstorms are in your area!

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  5 miles with strides tonight.

lilac, ouch at the broken rib.  Keep us posted and I hope it's nothing serious.

jjs, don't go taper crazy!  Hope your ribs are OK.

Shari, are you in Miami?  Thunderstorms every day for months, that's the game of Summer.  Hope you get some dry time to run.

Tom, enjoy your miles.

Dave, good luck with the massage.

Have a great day!

Damaris

delicate flower

Good morning, my crippled dailies!  lilac, jjs22, DaveP...wtf yo.

Speaking of crippled, I've got my last knee doc appointment today (20 week follow up).  I'm guessing he'll just look at it, poke it a bit, say "Good job", then stick me in advanced athletic rehab.  While I'm running and cycling like a champ, I have done very little side-to-side stuff, and I still can't trail run or mountain bike.  A month of advanced rehab will get me there.

Weather permitting, I'm planning a bike ride when I get home.  94 degrees is more tolerable cycling than running.

<3

LRB

Supp!

With this years goal 5k in the books, there was really no need to do anything today so I didn't.  The extra hour and a half of rest I got will likely do me more good anyway.

Moving forward, 10k's have formed the foundation of my racing success this year, and despite not having any goal races for July and August, I will continue to run them once a month as has been the case since the racing season began.

I have also noticed that since I have reduced the length of my long runs to the single digits three weeks ago, my hip discomfort has been completely absent.  That is the first time I have uttered those words in seven months.

It would be bittersweet if that is the answer, but it appears to be the first real answer I have gotten since the pain began last July.  We'll monitor that whole thing.

Hope you injured people feel better.  I showered today!  =:- D

Hip Redux

Dammit, guys, stop getting injured!

Speaking of injuries, blister is healed up enough that I think I will run today.  Today is my usual lunch time run with the RP but.... that might not happen outdoors because of temps, but we'll see.  I decided to try a cross-country running series on Wednesday nights this summer - first one is this week.  2.5 miles and a little bumpy.   Figure that's a good mid-week mini-speed session for me that should fun.

Right now it's bacon, eggs and coffee to start the day.   Yum!

Posted the RR from this weekend, too, in case you missed it in all the L&O threads. Big grin

BruceD555

lilac_jive- Ouch, I'm sorry you're ailing but it sounds like you're taking the right step to head to the ER to get the rib checked out. Hopefully it's just bruised and not anything more serious. Also, like MarjorieAnn3137 said, it might just be one of the connective muscles that's hurting - those make breathing a real PAIN.

jjs22- Ouch, sounds like you need some mending as well before the weekend. Enjoy your time at elevation.

StepbyStep-SH- I completely agree on the t-storms being a little old right now. (You're in WI as well, right?) There's so many folks we know with water in their basements and unfortunately there's more rain on the way for this week. Hope you get time for a run sometime today.

RunTomRun- Hit me with a cup of coffee! Have fun with your run today ... no matter how far you go or how long it takes.

DaveP MI- Hope the massage helps out your calf and that the therapist wasn't speaking of the bovine specialty.

Docket_Rocket- Have fun with those 5 miles and strides. I just love how strides make you feel fast, without wiping you out like a tempo run or intervals can do.

Baboon- Hope your appointment goes well and you get in that "cool" 94 degree bike ride this evening.

LRB- That's great news on the hip and maybe you're a bit more Gimli than Legolas... "I'm wasted on cross-country ... we Dwarves are natural sprinters, very dangerous over short distances."

As for me, I ran 3ish miles last night and the legs felt great - just a bit sluggish. We've been having terrible thunderstorms overnight and they're calling for them throughout today so I don't know if I'll be able to get in a run or not this afternoon. If I do, it'll probably be 3-5 more easy miles for some active recovery.

Train smart ... race smarter.

StepbyStep-SH

Sending healing vibes to both of you! Take care!

I am really getting tired of these constant thunderstorms, every.single.day. I am meeting a friend at the Y for strength training this morning, and had planned to get my 4 miles running in by running there and back, but even though the storm seems to have mostly passed over, there is still random lightning on occasion. Sad I guess I'll try to find another time to go back to the Y later today with DS and get the miles in.

It ended up working out - my friend was almost a half-hour late, so I had most of my run in before she got there, and then she ran the last mile with me to warm up. Strength training was pretty half-hearted, but half-hearted is better than not at all, right?

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Hip Redux

I forgot my towel for my post-run shower.   Grrrr.    Never fails - I always forget something to pack when I run from work.