Beginners and Beyond

Capitol Memorial Run 5k Race Report (Read 107 times)

workinprogress11

Congratulations on the Masters win!  That's really cool.  Great job on the race and on knowing exactly what needs to come next to achieve your future goals.

DavePNW

Hey Speedy! Way to bring home the hardware! Get used to it dude. You just keep chipping away at that PR every time, I'm sure you will get your 6:15's before you know it.

What's next??

Dave

LRB

What's next??

The schedule gets kind of cloudy here for the next few weeks but the plan has been to race every 14 days which is why I wanted to needed to race yesterday.

I would like to run the Detroit River days 5k (site of a huge PR for me 2 years ago) and the Clawson Firecracker mile, but both are weeks out and I haven't really looked for anything else yet.

I will probably be looking for a 10k to run on the 8th.  Racing that distance has been more responsible for my success this year than anything else.

The 10k's value to your training cannot be overstated, I highly recommend them if nothing more than a tempo run.  The dividends are immediate.

DavePNW

It seems one of the nice things about focusing on 5k's is you do have a lot of options, especially getting this time of year. For the longer distances, you pretty much got bupkes for 4 months.

Dave

LRB

For the longer distances, you pretty much got bupkes for 4 months.

Yep, that was me last year.

Trail Monster

Masters?! No way! You're too hot to be a master! Congrats On the win!

2013 races:

3/17 Shamrock Marathon

4/20 North Coast 24 Hour

7/27 Burning RIver 100M

8/24 Baker 50M

10/5 Oil Creek (distance to be determined)

My Blog

Brands I Heart:

FitFluential

INKnBURN

Altra Zero Drop

Luke79

Rick, you are a bad man.  Very nice race indeed.

I also like your comments about the 10k, I wish there were more of those around here.

Good job buddy.

Luke

SheCan

Wow, and congratulations@ Masters Overall Winner!  Outstanding!  and I love that trophy!

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

SheCan

Masters?! No way! You're too hot to be a master! Congrats On the win!

+1+1+1

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

MrNamtor

+1+1+1

The man looks good, no denying

LRB

The man looks good, no denying

What in the hell is going on in your avi?

MrNamtor

What in the hell is going on in your avi?

when i first read this i read it as "What in the hell is going on with you?"

LRB

when i first read this i read it as "What in the hell is going on with you?"

No, I thought I saw some fit athletic dude doing a hand stand.  I must be dehydrated from my long run.  As you were.

MrNamtor

lol, yes, thanks that was me. After a while I just thought it was kind of douchy to have as an avatar.

DavePNW

lol, yes, thanks that was me. After a while I just thought it was kind of douchy to have as an avatar.

Kind of like stretching out your hamstring in a bank line?

Can you really do a handstand? If so that is really impressive.

Dave