Beginners and Beyond

Capitol Memorial Run 5k Race Report (Read 107 times)

Congrats Rick, and great job on the masters win.

All that speedwork and racing cars down the freeway seems to be paying off Smile

MrNamtor

Kind of like stretching out your hamstring in a bank line?

Can you really do a handstand? If so that is really impressive.

Ok, not to hijack LRB's RR, but a) yes Dave, remembering that guy in the bank line was exactly what made me change the avatar and B) Thank you, yes I can do a handstand and a few other tricks. I'm practicing to be a street performer when I'm 80. Big grin

Little Blue

This is great!! You have really emerged as a great runner for any age, but definitely as a good representative for the "old guys". WTG, as they say on the internets.

Rick is an old guy?? Shocked  I approve!!

Congrats on the bling and the win and the most excellent picture.

BruceD555

Congrats on a great race and man, Daniels is definitely working for ya'. You're ticking off these sub 20 5k's like they're nothing and I can only imagine how much you're going to blow the doors off your PR's at the HM & FM once you transition to training for them. BTW, remind me to not sign up for any of your races ... I don't need your speediness in my AG.

Train smart ... race smarter.

fourouta5

Healed Hammy

Gratz on the OA Masters win.   Hehe....guess we should start calling you Mr. Rick since you are now a Master (Jedi perhaps?) rather than just plain old youngster Rick.  Nice splits, glad you can execute and remain focused and concentrate the entire distance.

BTW, you are looking thinner in your photo, certainly more lean I guess.  Work is paying off - you ready to model Masters wear for Nike?

Congrats (again) on the masters win!  Focusing specifically on the shorter races has paid off for sure.

PRs:

5k: 25:05 (Sep 2011)     10k: 51:57 (Aug 2012)     half: 1:56:46 (May 2013)     full: 4:09:46 (Jan 2016)

Philliefan33

Wow, you are fast!  Congrats on the Master's win.

LRB

BTW, you are looking thinner in your photo, certainly more lean I guess. 

You would not believe some of the comments I am getting regarding that.  I am as cut as a horse yet you would think I have been fasting for ten years based on the reaction from some people.

TakeAHike

Sweet race LRB.  Man, you just keep getting faster.

2013 goals: 800m: 2:20 | mile: 4:59 | 5k: 18:59 | 10k: 39:59 | HM: 1:32 | Marathon: 3:20

SheCan

You would not believe some of the comments I am getting regarding that.  I am as cut as a horse yet you would think I have been fasting for ten years based on the reaction from some people.

In my opinion, you still look very nice, and still healthy.  You're such a hottie--- don't let anybody make you feel bad about your body.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

Zentastic

Chasing Rainbows

Congrats on running a kickass race and winning the Masters category!

The obstacle is the path. - Zen proverb

LRB

don't let anybody make you feel bad about your body.

I am not easily offended do not worry.  An act of congress could not make me feel bad about anything, let alone my body lol!

good job dude-I want to be fast like you someday.

You do look thinner/ leaner.

BTW- what do you weight?

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

LRB

BTW- what do you weigh?

My current weight and 4 lb window is176 - 180 and that is where I am staying.  It was 196 - 200 for a million years, and I was actually fine with it.  I dropped the deuce zero strictly for marathon purposes.

My current goal is to get to 199. I told my wife I would like to run one marathon at 180 in a few years to see how I could do.

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas