Beginners and Beyond

FridamnDailies (Read 36 times)

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I rode 34 miles on another overcast and humid morning.  It was slightly cooler, and that was ok with me.

Have a kickass day!

Runner with a riding problem.

bluerun

Super B****

I ran 4.3 -- do you know how much fun it is to run when you're having aura and can't really see where you're going?  Not a whole hell of a lot.  (And MY LEGS HURT.  I do wish they'd stop.)

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

The shin seems to be 100% so that’s good. Ran an easy 5mi 8:10avg. Also got in some good core work. Will do something longer tomorrow.

Anyone use one of those Daniels general (white,blue, etc) plans? They look pretty good.

PRs:----- 5k: 17:48 (2019)   5M: 29:36 (2020)    HM: 1:24:37 (2017) Scheduled: ???

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning.  I have Pilates, 5 miles, and a flight.  My car is still not ready and if not done by 2pm I'll have to return the rental because our flight leaves at 5pm.

Damaris

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

OMG work is bent on annihilating me. This will probably be my only check-in today as I am taking hits from all sides...I mean seriously, I'm down for the count already. Why are they still beating me up?

Did the trail run last night, had fun, ran 6, felt good. Hoping for 8 to 10 miles today, then something decent tomorrow before my half marathon Sunday.

Picking the g/f up from the airport at about 11pm tonight, then staying up in Cleveland and catching a baseball game Saturday before the race Sunday. I miss my house sometimes.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

Cyberic

RCD

Cyberic

The shin seems to be 100% so that’s good. Ran an easy 5mi 8:10avg. Also got in some good core work. Will do something longer tomorrow.

Anyone use one of those Daniels general (white,blue, etc) plans? They look pretty good.

Good news about the shin.

Never used those. I've seen them, but for some reason I can't remember, they didn't appeal to me at that time.

Baboon

delicate flower

Morning

<3

onemile

RCD

so are you 50king this weekend or what??

onemile

Good news about the shin.

Never used those. I've seen them, but for some reason I can't remember, they didn't appeal to me at that time.

I always thought they looked like an injury waiting to happen

onemile

My Garmin says I am in Recovery mode. First time I've seen that one.

sdWhiskers

No run this morning. I had all my stuff ready but decided I wanted to stay in bed. Ahh, the beauty of being between training plans! After work, I'm doing a bootcamp class with my trainer so that should more than make up for the run.

zzyzx

I'm working on building back up my strength post infection. My plan was to do a slow (9-ish) mile on the treadmill just to get myself moving a bit. I started at 9:10, immediately moved it up to 9 and then to 8:51. I kept going, kept increasing the speed just because it surprised me that I was feeling good even though I've barely been eating for a week now. Finally I stopped at 20 minutes when I was doing a sub 8 minute pace. Not my plan but I'm happy. 20 minutes, 2.33 miles. Was dizzy when I got off so I'm glad I stopped there, but a good movement.

Cyberic

so are you 50king this weekend or what??

I've commited mentally to 50King. It might rain a bit, but it won't be cold. If it rains, I will be more afraid about chafing than my cold.

My mindset will be even less competitive than originally planned. It will be a 31 mile LR, that's it. I might take breaks. I don't want to leave my immune system completely void of energy. I want to have fun.

So yeah, a 50K, but not really a 50K race. Ideally, I'll be able to run the next day.

Cyberic

My Garmin says I am in Recovery mode. First time I've seen that one.

Slacker. You need to train more!