Beginners and Beyond

Tuesdailies (Read 43 times)

Zelanie

Awesome. I think the Rides are too heavy, too, but I can't run full time in the Kinvaras. So I am hoping these are the solution.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Oh, me either.  Most of my quality runs are in Mizunos, the rest in a mixture of Hokas and Sauconys.

Damaris

onemile

Awesome. I think the Rides are too heavy, too, but I can't run full time in the Kinvaras. So I am hoping these are the solution.

I have the same problem but I am a overpronater. I would love to run full time in the Saucony Mirage.  My other shoe is the bulky heavy Brooks Adrenaline.  I would like to replace those with something else...but what?   Saucony Guide?

Cyberic

6 miles on the TM. Not complaining anymore.

I always put int on 1.5% incline for some reason. I think I read some time back that 1.5% kinda simulated the extra effort of running on roads. I have no ides if I actually read that, or where, but I put it on 1.5%.

Off to another day of listening to people talk

Zelanie

The Breakthrus are apparently have some light support, even though they're neutrals, to draw some people from the Mirage. The Guides I would think would be heavy like the Rides. But maybe they would be good for every day.

I have the same problem but I am a overpronater. I would love to run full time in the Saucony Mirage.  My other shoe is the bulky heavy Brooks Adrenaline.  I would like to replace those with something else...but what?   Saucony Guide?

B-Plus

Complete.

11.5 total.

LRB

onemile

The Breakthrus are apparently have some light support, even though they're neutrals, to draw some people from the Mirage. The Guides I would think would be heavy like the Rides. But maybe they would be good for every day.

Hmm. Maybe I just need the 8mm drop more than the support.  My biggest concern right now is achilles soreness - I am wearing the Mirage (4mm drop), 3-4 runs a week (including my long run and speedwork. Well sometimes I use the Fastwitch, also 4mm, for intervals). But it's kind of a new issue for me and I ran a couple marathons in the Mirage without a problem. So maybe it's just something else. I feel like the Adrenalines have too big of a heel and it kind of gets in the way.

Rick, bravoSmile

Cyberic99, sweet six.

Feh, I'll only have time to do weight before I have to hit the shower and leave for BrooklynSad I'll have to go to the gym extra-early tomorrow and do my run-walk intervals and cardio back-to-back.

DavePNW

I am an idiot when it comes to shoes, but if you are looking for something like the Adrenaline but a bit less bulky, Saucony Guide is probably a good choice, or Brooks Ravenna. All I think are typically for normal pronation levels though.

Dave

LRB

I ran in the Adrenaline 13's for about 2 weeks before I bailed on them. It felt as if I was running on a wedge.

Good shoe otherwise just too high off the ground for me.

DavePNW

I ran in the Adrenaline 13's for about 2 weeks before I bailed on them. It felt as if I was running on a wedge.

Good shoe otherwise just too high off the ground for me.

As of today I have run 2,083 miles in Adrenalines (at least - can't remember if i started wearing them before I started logging.. But I am the most boring runner ever when it comes to shoes. The three shoes I mentioned in my previous post are the only ones I've ever worn since I started running with any seriousness.

Dave

onemile

As of today I have run 2,083 miles in Adrenalines (at least - can't remember if i started wearing them before I started logging.. But I am the most boring runner ever when it comes to shoes. The three shoes I mentioned in my previous post are the only ones I've ever worn since I started running with any seriousness.

I ran in the Adrenalines exclusively for years. I thought it was the only shoe I could run a lot in.  I have always meant to try the Ravenna.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Crappy weather in San Antonio today...rainy, windy, in the upper 30s right now, high of only 40-something today.  I feel pretty crappy too...I came to work, but I think I may leave early and go for a run and try to sweat some of this stuff out...and then maybe go home and go back to bed for a while.  Gail has some conference today and will be in Houston until tomorrow, so just me and the cats.  And our house monitoring security company, of course.

Thanks for starting us off, Marjorie...at 3 point 08  ....wow, you are up early!  You don't like sleep?

Dang, Basya, you too up that early?  You and Marjorie need 'how to be lazy' lessons?  Cuz that's one thing I'm really good at!

If I had your winters, LRB, the belt might be a necessity too, even though I hate the damn thing.......well, you just have to do what you have to do...and complaining about it isn't going to change it...so good for you, acting all grown-up with it....

9 miles on said belt...you have a lot of patience, Dave.

You need to get a snow-blower, Baboon, so you can get out there and make your own running path.  Dang, that would probably be a workout in itself!

Wow, FreeSoul, you are quite the active lady today!    25 degree run...I'd hit the dang steam room after that, just to get warm again!

"only" 2-3 inches, Step.  That would be a major storm where I am, lol.  Hope your rest day is enjoyable and helps the arms, back, and leg recover for the upcoming shoveling.

How are the kitties, Damaris?

Hope you have (had?) a good track workout, Zelanie.  Must be nice to be light and run in light shoes.....which would never work for my fat-guy self, lol.  That's okay, though, I love my supportive ASICS Nimbus shoes, which are about the only shoe that will work for my fat under-pronating/supinating feet.......and I certainly have enough pairs of them to rotate, lol, I think I'm now up to about 10 pairs that I own.  All in various colors, of course, to match my shirts and socks...   Gail says I'm going through a kind of mid-life thingy...I told her she should be happy it's only color coordinating and not a blonde and a motorcycle...

Congrats on your miles, Cy

Good luck with your workout B-Plus!

Hi, onemile!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

LRB

I am an idiot when it comes to shoes, but if you are looking for something like the Adrenaline but a bit less bulky, Saucony Guide is probably a good choice, or Brooks Ravenna. All I think are typically for normal pronation levels though.

She could also go with a neutral shoe with aftermarket support inserts for pronation.

The Skechers Go Run () is a neutral shoe that comes with removable support inserts for people like me who need them. For those who do not they would simply remove them and run with the built-in inserts.

I have put over 100 miles on them with nary a peep from my ignorant band, which usually screams loudly when I run anything over 6 miles without supports.

I am not suggesting you try Skechers () One, just saying there is a way to run in neutral shoes with the proper inserts.