Beginners and Beyond

What were you doing the year Kristin was born? (Read 110 times)

Brilliant

University of Texas.

And I wasn't going to say much more about it until you started mentioning concerts...I'm embarrassed to admit I saw Prince's Purple Rain tour.

Hip Redux

University of Texas.

And I wasn't going to say much more about it until you started mentioning concerts...I'm embarrassed to admit I saw Prince's Purple Rain tour.

We could start a whole 'nother thread on "bad concerts".   I'm not sure anyone can beat my Color Me Badd.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Like several of you, I was in college too

Marjorie

Little Blue

On October 1 of that year, I was nearing the end of my senior year in college.  Probably making vague wedding plans and thinking about moving out.

Brilliant

We could start a whole 'nother thread on "bad concerts".   I'm not sure anyone can beat my Color Me Badd.

Like most things I did as a teenager, it seemed like a good idea at the time. Big grin

Just B.S.

We had just celebrated the 1st anniversary of our  wedding on Sept 1st.

Our gift to each other was the cash purchase  of a piece of  land to build our first home.

old Dave

I'm your huckleberry

I was 25, and had dropped out of college for a semester to get my shit together and was working at a Greek restaurant. June 1, 1985, I stayed up until 3 am after work, too excited to sleep, and the next day ran the Ann Arbor-Dexter Half Marathon in 1:41:50. I wish I had gotten a better night's sleep.

old Dave

I'm your huckleberry

University of Texas.

...with The Time and Vanity Six. I wish he had played Erotic City.

Just B.S.

I was 25, and had dropped out of college for a semester to get my shit together and was working at a Greek restaurant. June 1, 1985, I stayed up until 3 am after work, too excited to sleep, and the next day ran the Ann Arbor-Dexter Half Marathon in 1:41:50. I wish I had gotten a better night's sleep.

Old Dave is only a year older than me? Great.  Smile

Robert31320

Team TJ

Graduating High School and joining the workforce.

Running for TJ because he can't.

B-Plus

LOL...

I lived in British Columbia. I was pregnant and on my way back home to Quebec after a few years away to learn English. I was young and naive.

Me too!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Me too!

Good think you scratched the pregnant part or I would worry.

Damaris

LRB

Sheeit Purple Rain was the shiznit girl are you kiddin'.  I didn't see the tour but saw the movie and there wasn't an empty seat in the building!

Prince was the man at that point and time and I would consider myself lucky to have seen any of his shows from back then, especially that one.

That was great music and entertainment with him The Time, Sheila E, Sheena Easton, Vanity, Appolonia The Family and that entire crew!

DavePNW

Doo eet!

Dave

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

This is fun.

Bluerun and meaghan I'm younger than both of you and I have plenty of grey hairs!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to