Beginners and Beyond

The Thursday DAILIES are getting their groove back (Read 38 times)

LRB

But still ain't running! 

LRB

Wassup team!

Sleeping in until after 6:00 is something I can get used to!  Ah, but running in the morning is in my blood, so I do miss it.

I have another busy day day at work on tap but I stayed an extra half hour last night off the clock just to get some stuff done.  It's amazing how much work you can get done when the phones are not ringing and no one is around!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I didn't want to get up this morning, the bed just felt too good. But I got up and got 3.5 miles in, trying not to get ran off the road by assholes headed to work and trying not to freak myself out with the sounds I would hear in the fields and woods.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Cyberic

I'm supposed to run tonight. A 20 min. tempo run. But I have free pizza lunch paid by the boss to thank a team I was in the past two weeks. The boss is also paying for beer, but it will be Coors Light. i don't do Coors Light. So I'll be bringing one of these gems:

Hopefully I'll have the will to run tonight. If I don't, I'll take my SRD today and run tomorrow. No big deal.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I slept 10 hours due to the asthma.  Hoping I feel good enough today to run, Pilates, and do weights.  Stay tuned.

Damaris

delicate flower

Hello, great people of the Thursday!  I think making a conscious effort to get extra sleep during this training cycle is doing wonders for me.  I'm not waking up tired and I feel good going into just about every workout.  Normally I get 7-8 hours of sleep, but lately I've been getting 8+.  That extra 30-60 minutes sure does feel good.

Last night I wanted no part of the chilly rain and wind, so I treadmilled.  10 miles of speedwork.  Half mile progressive intervals.  I went a little easier, as speedwork goes.  I started the intervals at HMP and topped out a little faster than 5K pace.   7:26 avg pace for the run.  I'm not sure what today's run will be.  It depends on the weather.  It's nasty outside.

<3

happylily

Morning!

I ended up not running last night. Thought it was smarter to recover well between each runs. The goal is not improvement at this point, just maintenance. I'll run 8 easy tonight, hopefully under 9:00 pace. I hope to be able to build up to a 13 or 14 mile mid-LR before NYCM.

Have a great day everyone!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

But still ain't running! 

+1. Still a mess. Also anxious to get back into it. Although timing works out well since I am up till midnight watching the end of the World Series games; tougher to do that when you're up running at 5AM.

Dave

From the Internet.

Morning dailies! Rest day. Trying to get in touch with surgeon's office re: being an idiot and picking up my child yesterday, and last night I also started having intermittent tingle/electric shock/hot needle-type feelings at the incision site. They are totally random, not related to moving in any particular way. I think it might just be the nerves regrowing or whatnot, but I need to ask if it's normal or I will freak out a bit every time I feel it happen D:

LRB

After less than 2 hours at work, I could use that brew that Cy posted!  

After less than 2 hours at work, I could use that brew that Cy posted!  

Yesterday I just bought a 4-pack of an extraordinary beer called Founders Breakfast Stout; I was considering putting it to literal use this morning.

Dave

Zelanie

Hi!  The Oatmeal drew Cypress a potato.  He was worried that it looked like a poo, so he gave it a caption:

We talked a little about the Blerch race.  He said that there was an identical (but not themed) race on the same course with the same RD about 6 months ago.  They went out for that race and checked everything out to help them have everything planned and make sure the Blerch race ran smoothly.

Maybe 5 today after work. Smile

fourouta5

Healed Hammy

Lauren

Morning dailies! Rest day. Trying to get in touch with surgeon's office re: being an idiot and picking up my child yesterday, and last night I also started having intermittent tingle/electric shock/hot needle-type feelings at the incision site. They are totally random, not related to moving in any particular way. I think it might just be the nerves regrowing or whatnot, but I need to ask if it's normal or I will freak out a bit every time I feel it happen D:

They are totally normal.  You will feel those needle like spikes at random times for a while.  Subcutaneous nerves regenerating and connecting create that little "spark".  Had them for at least 4 months after my hamstring surgery.  Do not worry, it is a good sign and nothing is wrong.

From the Internet.

Lauren

They are totally normal.  You will feel those needle like spikes at random times for a while.  Subcutaneous nerves regenerating and connecting create that little "spark".  Had them for at least 4 months after my hamstring surgery.  Do not worry, it is a good sign and nothing is wrong.

Ahh thanks! That's good to hear. I was hoping it was just normal healing, there's no redness or swelling and even the worst of the bruising is almost totally gone at this point. Looks like just a normal stomach with a belly button full of Steri-Strips.

outoftheblue

Just getting in my first cup of coffee, as the sun has yet to clear the horizon where I am.  12 miles to go today.  I'm trying to decide whether the drive myself out to the golf/course and park and brave the hills, or just walk down the hall to my Treadmill.   There are so many things that I like where I live now, but I really miss being able to start my running routes from my front door.

Life is good.