Beginners and Beyond

The Thursday DAILIES are getting their groove back (Read 38 times)

DavePNW

I used a pace band once but it stopped making sense around mile 18 

So how are YOU feeling? I can't remember, did you ever post your goal?

Dave

LRB

I used a pace band once but it stopped making sense around mile 18 

IKR?!

There comes a point (at least the two times I used them) when you absolutely positively just do not care anymore.

Shit, during my second one (the temps climbed to the 70's) I stopped looking at it after the halfway point!

onemile

So how are YOU feeling? I can't remember, did you ever post your goal?

I wasn't feeling too optimistic after my last LR but for some reason my runs this week have felt easier... So maybe taper will help.

I would like to run at around a 7:45 pace (3:23) but I will have to see how that feels on race day.  There is a 3:25 pace group too.  I am considering starting with them for the first couple miles.

happylily

I wasn't feeling too optimistic after my last LR but for some reason my runs this week have felt easier... So maybe taper will help.

I would like to run at around a 7:45 pace (3:23) but I will have to see how that feels on race day.  There is a 3:25 pace group too.  I am considering starting with them for the first couple miles.

I can help you make a pace band if you want. I'll write you some splits that you'll have to run in the order I prescribe. You'll see, works like magic. 

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Lol

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

DavePNW

I can help you make a pace band if you want. I'll write you some splits that you'll have to run in the order I prescribe. You'll see, works like magic. 

You'd have her starting out at what, 7:00 miles?

onemile, sounds like things are shaping up nicely. Pro tip: avoid tripping & falling on your knee.

Dave

onemile

LOL. How about you cancel NYC and come to Indy instead and we can run together?

happylily

LOL. How about you cancel NYC and come to Indy instead and we can run together?

How about you help pace an old lady to a PR in Boston, next spring? 

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

4.2 miles this morning at Fort Sam Houston...hill work day....6 uphills, 2 downhills.  Weather was sweet, 68 degrees, humidity and dew-point in the 50 percentile range.   Then went to my gastroenterology appointment - convenient that the hospital is only about 1/2 mile from the gym - and had a "procedure" done - outpatient, thank goodness and pretty minor, but  even so, you still kinda feel like you are a lab experiment, lol, as they work on you - and now am at home relaxing.  I figured post-procedure they would tell me to take it easy for the next couple of days, which they did - so no work today, but back to work tomorrow, and no running until the weekend - which is why I got up early and got my run/walk in before the procedure.   That local they gave me sure does make me sleepy, though, so I find myself  sitting in my chair watching a program on TV.....and next thing I know, I'm zzzz'ing out, wake up, and there is a totally different program on, lol.  Oh well, the rest is probably very helpful for the two 5Ks I have coming up  this weekend.

Enjoy that sleeping in while it lasts, LRB.

I didn't want to get up this morning, the bed just felt too good.  And, of course, your DH wanted to massage that sore butt for you...  lol about the sounds.  That happens to me when I do the Zoo Park route in the early a.m.  Kinda creepy in the dark, those noises coming out from the zoo area.

Well shoot, Cy...pizza and beer..that's just carbo-loading for a run, right?

10 hours sleep, sounds like you got well-rested, Damaris.  Which is sure better than arrested.  Hope your lungs behave and you have a great run today.  I am bribing the running gods to help it happen. 

I think making a conscious effort to get extra sleep during this training cycle is doing wonders for me.  I'm not waking up tired and I feel good going into just about every workout. And of course, Phil, it doesn't hurt that you are bionic.    I still say those docs of yours 'fixed' you during your surgery...you are a walking, running experiment for them....they are probably monitoring you.... .

Good luck with your miles today, Lily.   Local news, even way down here, had the story on last night about the Canada shooting.  So sad.

Sorry you are not running yet, Dave.  Hopefully soon!  Thinking good, healing thoughts for you.

Hi again, Zelaine!  Potato....now I want a baked potato for dinner...

Hi again, Lauren!  Already 'spoke' to you on the Penguins forum, so just wishing you good luck here.

Hi, fourouta5, nice to meetcha!  Don't think we've 'met' yet.    If we have, though, I apologize for not remembering...seems my brain is turning to mush as I get older..

Hope your 12 went great, outoftheblue!

Happy 4, B-Plus and enjoy those brews.

My pace bands just came in!!!!  You know, FreeSoul, if you pinned them on at chest-level, all you'd have to do is just look down to check them and that would help not interrupt your arm-swing motion while running and help you keep on track.   I got pace bands from IKEA once...but I could not figure out how to put them together....

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

onemile

At this point, I am leaning toward not training for Boston.  But that could change.  Partly depending on how Monumental goes and partly depending on what kind of winter we have. Are you willing to run with a pacer who isn't going 10 seconds under pace for the first half?

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

"Old lady" my butt......you are gonna look like you're 30 forever, Lily.  And at your pace, you sure as hell are outrunning a lot of those 30-year olds!  

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

LRB

onemile, sounds like things are shaping up nicely. Pro tip: avoid posting that you do not want to be injured in the goals thread.

FYP 

That stuff goes without saying.  

DavePNW

FYP 

That stuff goes without saying.  

HEY! OSKI TOLD US THERE ARE NO JINXES OR RUNNING GODS!

Dave

LRB

HEY! OSKI TOLD US THERE ARE NO JINXES OR RUNNING GODS!

And I think she face palmed herself a few weeks later. lol

happylily

At this point, I am leaning toward not training for Boston.  But that could change.  Partly depending on how Monumental goes and partly depending on what kind of winter we have. Are you willing to run with a pacer who isn't going 10 seconds under pace for the first half?

If you don't train for Boston, and I do, then we may be even in pace.  I am a very obedient pacee, just ask TO.