Beginners and Beyond

Moving forward SaturDAILIES (Read 47 times)

Just B.S.

Want to thank Marjorie for mentioning the Running Warehouse sale and Ami for sharing

a coupon code. Saved almost $200 on these new kicks for hubby and I . Picked up our

loot today.

My first time since 2005 buying a pair of shoes that aren't Asics Gel Cumulus. The purple

are Cumulus 15  to be worn for my marathon in 3 weeks (probably my 25th or 26th pair of Cumulus)

but the hot pink are Hurricanes.

Wish me luck trying something new!

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Top of the evening, Saturdalies!

Another weekend off, another race under my belt.

Completed the Chickamauga Chase 15K in 1:21:28, 31 seconds slower than I achieved in the Gate River Run. Not complaining, it was a good run overall, though I think I should have taken better advantage of the downhill portions of the race. Overall, I'm satisfied. I did well, and I can see where I need to work on my run (hint - I'm up 5 pounds since the Half Marathon last November).

Ran into Tinman, plus a couple of other locals from the track club.

Hope everyone's having a good day.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

Rondog65

I made these for you guys.

Thank you for the cup cakes, mini so I can eat 6 correct?

Ron's PRs 5K 24:14 (12/07/2013); Half Marathon 1:53:33 (5/26/2013)

Did 15 miles on the bike with my DS stopping for a pizza at the halfway point. Good ride with a great kid.

The knee is feeling really good, hoping to get the running shoes back on soon. I'm pretty sure it was getting better before I saw the doc.

First Race

Hot Chocolate 5K Chicago November 4, 2012 30:17

Second Race

Penguin in the Park 5K Decatur Illinois March 23,2013 27:08

Scott

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Nice collection, Beth.  I recognize the Elixirs.

Damaris

B-Plus

I made these for you guys.

Yum!!!

Docket - Congrats on the first ultra!

Scotty - I'm looking forward to reading your report. I guess it will be ultra photo taking.

B.S. - Nice haul!

2 x 10 min @ 6:33 pace w/ 2 min active recoveries

8 x 200m @ 42, 43, 42, 39, 41, 37, 44, 41 w/ 200m recoveries

Total = 8.2 miles @ 7:41

Mmmmm...beer

Just got back from the memorial run (and then ice cream afterwards), ran the route twice, and much faster than I had planned.  Told myself I was just going to make it a nice easy run, but the energy of the crowd and the emotions just kept me going.  8.4 miles @ 7:04/mile.  It was great to see so many people out there supporting Boston.  We had guys from VBFD walking in their gear, teams carrying American and Boston flags, all kinds of people carrying signs and wearing the Boston bibs.  They even had a crowd at the turnaround point setup like an aid station with water and gatorade.  For a quick unofficial event, it was really great.

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

YAYpril - B-Plus

Thank you for the cup cakes, mini so I can eat 6 correct?

Obviously. Big grin

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I want some cupcakes.  Plenty of calories to

make up?

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Oh, and the RR would be ready IF I HAD INTERNET!!!

Fuck Comcast.

Damaris

Zelanie

Damaris- Glad you had a blast today!  Smile

I got 4 done.  Knee wasn't quite ready so I ended up walking 2 back home.  I am tired of just sitting around waiting for it to get better though.  I think I'm going to continue short, easy runs on it, but also be very vigilant about rolling twice a day and myrtls.  That is what will help in the long run, I think.  Then as long as it doesn't get worse I will continue.

Rondog65

Dave, thanks for sharing the report, I bet it was a very moving memorial run.

Ron's PRs 5K 24:14 (12/07/2013); Half Marathon 1:53:33 (5/26/2013)

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

That is awesome Beth!

Want to thank Marjorie for mentioning the Running Warehouse sale and Ami for sharing

a coupon code. Saved almost $200 on these new kicks for hubby and I . Picked up our

loot today.

My first time since 2005 buying a pair of shoes that aren't Asics Gel Cumulus. The purple

are Cumulus 15  to be worn for my marathon in 3 weeks (probably my 25th or 26th pair of Cumulus)

but the hot pink are Hurricanes.

Wish me luck trying something new!

Marjorie

tinman11

Completed the Chickamauga Chase 15K in 1:21:28, 31 seconds slower than I achieved in the Gate River Run. Not complaining, it was a good run overall, though I think I should have taken better advantage of the downhill portions of the race. Overall, I'm satisfied. I did well, and I can see where I need to work on my run (hint - I'm up 5 pounds since the Half Marathon last November).

Ran into Tinman, plus a couple of other locals from the track club.

We had a perfect day at this 15 k through the scenic Chickamauga Battlefield in North Georgia today. This is a popular course that most locals have run during trail runs, 5k's, 15 k's, 1/2 marathons & marathons.  You'll typically see plenty of deer and pass tons of historic battlefields,  monuments, etc.

It was great to spend time talking to Tom before the race.

For me this was a day of reflection, giving thanks for our great running community, and trying to break the top 10 of my age group.

I came up short on that last goal- 15th out of 39!!!  Maybe next year........

Like Tom said, I know exactly what I need to do if I'm going to hit a few higher goals.  I've hit several over the past few years so I'm very satisfied.

I always appreciate the RR's and advice that's exchanged in this forum.  We have many talented people here and I get inspiration from all of you!

Thanks for reading this mini RR!

flarunner, excellent eight-miler.

AmiK, sweet six-miler. But at 4:45 a.m. on a Saturday?!? Beast. Love itSmile

Luke, I hope that your SRD has been relaxing and refreshing.

SIAR, awesome 14.05.

Shari, you're tough, going for nineteen miles. I wish that I had your mental fortitude.

Shari, fantastic five. Please post how the compression sleeves work for you.

Rick, terrific ten. I'd even give my best friend a one-finger salute in response to that.

Ric-G, sweet easy five. Fun two-mile hike with the family.

Phil, great ride.

DaveP MI, I'm glad that your 8.35 were comfortable.

alexis_run_nky, I'm happy that you were able to run 3.1 pain-free.

Marjorie, excellent 11.2.

Robert, congratulations on your PR!

Rondog65, sweet 6.75.

outoftheblue, great 17.25.

Damaris, congratulations on your first ultra!

scottydawg, congratulations on your latest 10K!

Beth, enjoy your new shoes in good health.

Tom, congratulations on your 15K!

Scott, great ride with DS. I'm happy that  you're feeling better.

B-Plus, excellent intervals.

Dave, great job running eight miles at 7:04.

Zelanie, I'm happy that you were able to run four miles.

Today was my weekly complete SRD. I had a pleasant, relaxing, refreshing Sabbath in Malden. I began my new week with the good news that Dzhokhar Tsarnaev is in the hospital. Props to the BPD, CPD, WPD, FBI, ATF, all all law-enforcement officials and civilians who helped take him alive. Mazal tov, Boston!