Beginners and Beyond

What day is it DAILIES? (Read 44 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

No snow!??? What the hell! That like cuts out all of the northern states! Heck, even Texas sees snow sometimes!

We will, eventually.  But it is not easy unless I can find $50000 to be able to sell my house because that's what it is still under water for or pay $6000/month for two homes.  So, his offer must be solid.  And apparently, no snow, ha.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Yugo8

I HEREBY VOW TO LILY I WILL BE MORE CHEERFUL.

Had a glorious 7 mile run at lunchtime today, in exhilarating 9F/-5F windchill conditions! It was breathtaking! (Literally - I was having trouble breathing.)

The sun was shining! (Well part of the time. And I think it was the sun - I remember it as that thing in the sky bringing light & warmth...the light was there, but the other part was missing.)

The birds were singing! (Well, penguins maybe...do they sing? No they dance, from that one movie. Or they march, from that other movie. Anyway the penguins would have been enjoying themselves.)

And I checked - all my fingers & toes are still intact! So that's good!

Can't wait to do it again tomorrow!!

I experienced the same thing yesterday.

LRB

Had a glorious 7 mile run at lunchtime today, in exhilarating 9F/-5F windchill conditions! It was breathtaking! (Literally - I was having trouble breathing.)

Tomorrow will mark my fourth treadmill run in a row, but oddly, I have been more tolerant towards the idea as running in the dark this week in this frozen penguin crap has not moved my meter at all.

Incidentally, my new wind blocker running jacket arrived yesterday and I am hoping to take it for a spin this weekend!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

No snow!??? What the hell! That like cuts out all of the northern states! Heck, even Texas sees snow sometimes!

Definitely not TX.

Damaris

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

As in you're never thinking of Texas as an option?

Speaking of Texas, Sunday is showing Houston with a high of 70 degrees........ screw you Houston!

Definitely not TX.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

Just B.S.

Another day more sub zero temps but the blizzard has passed.

Pretty much the story of the last 9 weeks Smile its either snowing or between -5 to -40 .

Had a warm up last week for 3 days temps were a toasty 33 first time since mid November but

I was sick sick coughing and on antobiotics for a sinus infection so I couldn't even enjoy it Sad

Roads are still snow covered and icy so 6 miles on the mill tonight.

happylily

I finished work a bit too late for 14 miles, so I only did 12 @ 8:06 easy. Shower is taken, now I must run again for my eye exam. I already know what he's going to say: "You're getting old and need glasses, Ms L.".

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

outoftheblue

Just finished a really good tempo run -- 4 miles @ 8:38 and 6.2 miles overall.    Felt pretty strong overall, but let's see how the legs feel for the 14 miler I'm going to try to squeeze in tomorrow.

Like the new jacket LRB!   I wish I needed a jacket.  Still roasting under drought conditions here in California.   Yes, it's shorts weather, but watching everything turning brown around you is really hard.

Life is good.

DavePNW

Tomorrow will mark my fourth treadmill run in a row, but oddly, I have been more tolerant towards the idea as running in the dark this week in this frozen penguin crap has not moved my meter at all.

Incidentally, my new wind blocker running jacket arrived yesterday and I am hoping to take it for a spin this weekend!

Nice!

I love my running jacket. Even today, just 1 base layer under it & I was fine.

Dave

LRB

Just finished a really good tempo run -- 4 miles @ 8:38 and 6.2 miles overall.    Felt pretty strong overall, but let's see how the legs feel for the 14 miler I'm going to try to squeeze in tomorrow.

Excellent!  Eat good, sleep well and let the pace come to you during your run tomorrow and you will be golden.

What is the latest on the would be man of the hen house?  Has he grown a set yet?  lol

Dave, I wore the New Balance version of this jacket for 2 years and loved it as well.  There is nothing really wrong with it, it is just a little loose as I dropped a bit of weight from when I first purchased it.  I am keeping it as a spare though.

outoftheblue

What is the latest on the would be man of the hen house?  Has he grown a set yet?  lol

Ha, ha.  I'm glad someone is on rooster watch.  Little Duke is trying, he really is.  About a 1/3 of flock have succumb to his charms.  About another  third tolerate him, but avoid him.  And the last third affirmatively chase him away.  It's been fascinating watching this play out.  He tries so hard to woo some chickens, the others he just jumps when they are not looking.

Life is good.

scottydawg, compared to my weather, yours is balmy.

DaveP MI, bravo on the seven-miler.

Damaris, I hope that you ran tonight.

Lauren710, I'm glad that you leg is better.

Zelanie, I hope that you're having a relaxing and refreshing RD.

Andrew, excellent easy six.

Shari, I hope that you had a productive day.

FreeSoul87, I hope that core and upper-body work went well.

Ric-G, fantastic five.

kristin10185, awesome surprise at work.

Yugo8, sweet six.

Rick, that jacket looks very cool.

Beth, I hope that you have a pleasant six-miler.

Lily, terrific twelve.

outoftheblue, lovely 6.2.

Weights, push-ups, ab work, and an hour on the AMT are done. So am I. See y'all tomorrow.

Hi dailies:

Rick - just trying not to freeze off any extremities here.  Cool jacket.

Lily - nice 12, would contact lenses be an option?

Baboon - cupcakes?  Those would be good after printing all those w-2's.

Basya - good luck at the chiro

D - good luck getting the mileage back up

Lauren - nice multi-part workout

Scotty - be safe in that freezing rain

Zelanie - great job on the 800s

Brrr - speedy recovery to DD

Step - excellent indoor day

Free - think Spring.  Seasons are nice, if they were less extreme (or it could always be summer here, that would be ideal.  Florida can keep their months-at-a-time of sweaty, humid weather.)

Ric-G - have a good 5

Kristin - enjoy your gym workout

Yugo - never enough hours in the day

DaveP - not a drop of sarcasm in that post!

Beth - brutal, thank goodness for that TM

OOTB - hopefully no fires

11.1 on the TM, 3 degrees outside.

HobbitLegs

elevenses

3.1 with the beer runners. It was windy and cold, but the free beer was worth it.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

My core work out went fine.......... I am slacking on the upper body work out though lol.

PRs