Beginners and Beyond

SaturDAILIES - A chilly start (Read 39 times)

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

happylily, I think I'd enjoy going target shooting with you!

Z, I hope you left your shoes in the garage so they don't stink up the place! Smile

There's the occasional pile of horse droppings on my normal running route also.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

John Rustle

^^^fussy biatch

Morning! Its 930am and 70 degrees so a little hike is on tap with the fiancee and doggie. Not sure of distance yet. Will report back. Cheers!

Will run for scenery.

Ran 1 mile on the TM last night, along with bike & elliptical.  No foot pain, so that's good.

My "wishing away the pounds" strategy hasn't produced any tangible results yet, but most likely thats b/c all that fat is being converted into muscle.   But I really need to cut back on pastries for breakfast and handfuls of candy in the afternoon at least until I get my mileage up.

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

10.5 nice and early this am. The moon was pretty.  Now out doing errands. Getting new cell phone as mine is pretty darn old. They are transferring contacts right now.

Marjorie

LRB

Getting new cell phone as mine is pretty darn old. They are transferring contacts right now.

Maybe they will find the pics of you and I from our FE that were lost.  That would be nice!

happylily

Also, I found out that horse poop is a lot harder to dodge in the dark.   The fun part was trying to remember where is was on my way back so that I didn't step in it again!

Around here, we say that walking in horse poop brings good luck (of course, we have no horses anymore in our area. :-)) So Zelanie, I hope you missed a few times! 

I ran 18 straight miles, no hydration, no bathroom stop. 7:59 pace overall. The faster miles were not as fast as I wanted them, but the whole run felt smooth overall. For week #2 of training, it'll do.

4 more recovery miles before supper tonight.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

LRB

This is gonna hurt...

Damn, did I nail that one!  lol

What up doe crew!  I got my run done and it seemed as if I was out there forever because, well, I was!

I normally get to it after a 1.5 or 2 mile warmup but it was so freakin cold today that I ran a full 3 miles before beginning the quality portion of my workout, which was a half mile at 5k pace then quarter mile repeats at as fast as I could manage given the cold and hills.

The deets:

1 X 800 @ 6:21 + 7 X 400 @ 6:12, 5:47, 5:59, 5:52, 6:07, 6:14, 6:09

It was an extremely tough workout rolling up and down those hills but equally gratifying.

8.1 miles total and one happy boy! 

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Damn, did I nail that one!  lol

What up doe crew!  I got my run done and it seemed as if I was out there forever because, well, I was!

I normally get to it after a 1.5 or 2 mile warmup but it was so freakin cold today that I ran a full 3 miles before beginning the quality portion of my workout, which was a half mile at 5k pace then quarter mile repeats at as fast as I could manage given the cold and hills.

The deets:

1 X 800 @ 6:21 + 7 X 400 @ 6:12, 5:47, 5:59, 5:52, 6:07, 6:14, 6:09

It was an extremely tough workout rolling up and down those hills but equally gratifying.

8.1 miles total and one happy boy! 

Splits in seconds and minutes, not paces, please. Regardless, nice workout!

Lily..good run! I have similar going tomorrow. My ultra training buddy is doing 30 mi at 8 flat, so I'm joining him for 20. Of course, I'm doing about 15 more after with the girl I'm training, but that's just because I'm an idiot.

12 miles for me today were actually just ten.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

happylily

Splits in seconds and minutes, not paces, please. Regardless, nice workout!

Lily..good run! I have similar going tomorrow. My ultra training buddy is doing 30 mi at 8 flat, so I'm joining him for 20. Of course, I'm doing about 15 more after with the girl I'm training, but that's just because I'm an idiot.

12 miles for me today were actually just ten.

1) LRB gives his splits in mpm for the idiots like myself who don't have a sense of what really fast is. 400m @ 5:52 mpm I understand. But if you say 400m in 1:28, I'm like 

2) Pleeease, do NOT compare my 18 miles today to your 20 @ 8:00, PLUS 15 miles later! LOL... You're not an idiot, no. You're just a damn machine. 

LRB

1) LRB gives his splits in mpm for the idiots like myself who don't have a sense of what really fast is. 400m @ 5:52 mpm I understand. But if you say 400m in 1:28, I'm like 

When I was a regular in the sub-20:00 and 1 mile thread on RW, I always posted the times.  Here, only a few people get it, so you both have a point.

1 X 800 3:15

7 X 400 1:29, 1:23, 1:26, 1:24, 1:27, 1:29, 1:28.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

2) Pleeease, do NOT compare my 18 miles today to your 20 @ 8:00, PLUS 15 miles later! LOL... You're not an idiot, no. You're just a damn machine. 

You just take 400s and multiply them by 4...I trust that you can handle that! 1:30s are 6 flat, 1:45s are 7 flat, 2s are 8 flat, etc. I just like them because Garmin will sometimes give different paces for the same time. Also, the difference between, for example, a 1:25 and a 1:30 is really major, even though it seems minuscule.

I finally got around to watching Rupp's American record 5000m this morning...on a 200m track those splits were mostly 31 seconds or faster (so 1:02 400s) - absolutely amazing.

Tom...from earlier - I can't say I've ever tracked food, but whatever works for you is what's best! I'm usually pretty intuitive in the sense that if I have something caloric, I cut back the rest of the day or on the following day. I think we all have our little tricks.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

happylily

You just take 400s and multiply them by 4...I trust that you can handle that! 1:30s are 6 flat, 1:45s are 7 flat, 2s are 8 flat, etc. I just like them because Garmin will sometimes give different paces for the same time. Also, the difference between, for example, a 1:25 and a 1:30 is really major, even though it seems minuscule.

I finally got around to watching Rupp's American record 5000m this morning...on a 200m track those splits were mostly 31 seconds or faster (so 1:02) 400s - absolutely amazing.

I am not stupid.  I'm just lazy... 

Where can I see this Rupp guy? Can I find it on internet? Off to search, now... How I love long lazy weekend... 

Oh and LRB, great speedy workout!!!

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Maybe they will find the pics of you and I from our FE that were lost.  That would be nice!

Nope. It is forever lost.

Marjorie

LRB

Nope. It is forever lost.

Not the memories Baby, that was so much fun!

LRB

Also, the difference between, for example, a 1:25 and a 1:30 is really major, even though it seems minuscule.

It is actually huge with each one hundredth of a second being something ridiculous like 1 MPH in pace!

Lily, there is a clip of the finale of his race right out on our board in George's thread.  Do you even read our threads?