Beginners and Beyond

A conversation about RWOL, the beginners forum, L&O as was and anyone else who wants to join in. (Read 273 times)

B-Plus

Ha-ha!  I get to stand next to her soon for a function, and shortly thereafter, will need a bath in equal parts bleach, ammonia and engine de-greaser.

I don't know what the hell I was thinking back in '86 when we met, but it wasn't anything sound.  ; )

I was 9 years old.

Just B.S.

I was 9 years old.

Hmmm, I was 25 and here I am old and still running Big grin

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

I'm guessing she had a 26,2 sticker on her Cadillac.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

I was 9 years old.

Ditto, I think I had a crush on Scarlett from G.I. Joe that year Tongue

MrNamtor

"owner" is the official term on eric's website for the person who creates a user group and that term implies powers and capabilities regarding that group.

But thanks for pointing out the obvious fact that damaris does not legally own any portion of this site. Derp

No.  As owner of the website Eric is the owner of this forum.  Damaris may have created this group within the greater website and exercise some modicum of moderation control over day to day postings.  But she doesn't own it.

happylily

More L&O spillover, I see...

Firstly, I like this place more than any other place. I don't understand people who claim things are bad in a forum, any forum, keep complaining about it, but keep posting in it at the same time. If you don't like the style, the atmosphere, the people... then why stay, you know? Why do that to yourself? And why bother others with your complaining? Some have left this place and I respect them for it. They didn't try to change people here. They just left. Because we can't expect people to change for us. We just can't...

Secondly, in the past, I have had disagreements over training methods with some people here, Damaris included. They have given me advice when I felt I didn't need it (even though I had asked for it. Try to understand that...). Just like I have done the same to countless others, I'm quite sure. It's like there are 200 of us living in the same small room, and most days it's fun and like a giant party. But sometimes, we irritate each others. I bet the same thing happens on other forums, and in most families... Quite normal, no?

And since it's been brought up already (for the thousandth time), I have to admit that I also witnessed the Dizzy incident. I too felt uncomfortable with what happened at the time and I was honestly divided over the issue and still am now. To this day, I still do not know what to think of it. Some people expressed their approval of Damaris and/or Dizzy, some expressed their disapproval, and it's all good and fair. But it was many months ago. Is it really necessary to rehash the same story over and over again, all the time? Dizzy still comes around here and he seems perfectly happy as it is. Why keep that story going? Only for the purpose of hurting Damaris? This woman also has a million qualities, more than most people I know. More than myself, for sure. And that's what I choose to focus on. She is an extremely supportive person in general, who tries to encourage all runners here. She is funny and full of life. She makes people feel good here, on this particular forum. If I have said bad things about her in the past (and yes, I have, like I have of other people as well, such as you, you... and you too, because I'm a fool...), then it was very wrong of me. Because who am I to judge her when I do not even do half of the good that she does around here?

Did I answer the original question? What was the original question again? Big grin

Anyway, this is a good place and we know it. So let's focus on all the good things it brings us.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

cookiemonster

Connoisseur of Cookies

"owner" is the official term on eric's website for the person who creates a user group and that term implies powers and capabilities regarding that group.

But thanks for pointing out the obvious fact that damaris does not legally own any portion of this site. Derp

Name calling?  Seriously?  Are you 12?

And you people wonder why you're looked down upon.

I notice, too, you decided to let slide Milktruck's explanation of the same thing I said.  Then again, perhaps you thought name calling would get you somewhere.

***************************************************************************************

"C" is for cookie.  That's good enough for me.

LRB

Is it really necessary to rehash the same story over and over again, all the time?

Yes.  Next?

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

You people?

Name calling?  Seriously?  Are you 12?

And you people wonder why you're looked down upon.

I notice, too, you decided to let slide Milktruck's explanation of the same thing I said.  Then again, perhaps you thought name calling would get you somewhere.

Name calling?  I didn't see any name calling.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

cookiemonster

Connoisseur of Cookies

More L&O spillover, I see...

Not sure if this is directed at me or not.  If it is, you'll probably not care to know I've been posting here in the Beginner's forum, both in it's current and former locations, since 2004.  You can call it spill over if you like.  I'll just sit back and laugh that you're so bent out of shape over it.

***************************************************************************************

happylily

Not sure if this is directed at me or not.  If it is, you'll probably not care to know I've been posting here in the Beginner's forum, both in it's current and former locations, since 2004.  You can call it spill over if you like.  I'll just sit back and laugh that you're so bent out of shape over it.

No. I was just wondering why kk is posting here. That's all. Nothing to do with you. I've posted in L&O before but I wouldn't call myself an L&Oer. Just as I do not think of you as a member of this forum.

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

How do you go from, "you people" to "I've been posting here...since 2004".  Are you one of us or not?  Drop the cookie...you monster.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

happylily

How do you go from, "you people" to "I've been posting here...since 2004".  Are you one of us or not?  Drop the cookie...you monster.

LOL...

cookiemonster

Connoisseur of Cookies

Nobody gets between me and my cookies.

And what?  There can't be groups of "you people" in larger groups?  Think more broadly, young grasshopper.  You still have much to learn.

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

no

Nobody gets between me and my cookies.

And what?  There can't be groups of "you people" in larger groups?  Think more broadly, young grasshopper.  You still have much to learn.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost