oldfartrunner

Morning Runners!

What's the POD?

onemile

I ran 13 with 8x1 mile

oldfartrunner

CY: I saw you were up Dude.

BlueSky: Nice streak.

I'm thinking 8 later. Nursing the coffee cup now.

Image result for sleepy people slurping coffee

oldfartrunner

I ran 13 with 8x1 mile

Nice work!  I got 6 of those on tap tomorrow. You do 1/2 pace with 1 min jog rest, or MP?

Baboon

delicate flower

Good morning, internet.  I hit the track for 60 minutes before work.  Today's assignment was 8 x 5:00 with 1:00 recoveries.  Basically it was 8 x 1200 (7:02 avg pace on those).  Still feeling some fatigue from Sunday's HM, so this certainly wasn't my best tempo run, but it was a good effort.  I've got a swim to do after work, maybe.

<3

LRB

I'm off work today so I just completed my run. 7 miles of oof now I'm off to say goodbye to a dear friend.

DavePNW

Dave

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

How I feel right now..........

Image result for frustrated gif

Sometimes, or a lot of times.... having one's own business/shop or being married to the owner of that shop can be really frustrating. DH is picking up a very, very, very big job - first of it's kind he's ever done so this one will be the most difficult. That also means a lot of late nights at the shop for him and wearing himself down and being wore out, which usually means me feeling sympathetic and not getting up early and going to work out just so we can cuddle and he can get some sleep without Dorian waking him up.... but it's frustrating nonetheless for me, I hate missing two days in a row but hopefully I can run tonight.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I have Pilates and 4 tonight.

Damaris

zzyzx

Yesterday (I NEED to make this a daily habit like the old one was) lat/pec fly/ horizontal calf and then exercise bike, 30 minutes level 13 hill setting 10.2 something or other miles.

Today is stair day. For those who aren't refugees from the RW board, that's 4 laps from the basement of the parking garage (6 floors down) to the roof (23 flights up). There's a few straightaways mixed in, including a little side path I take going up and down on each lap where I walk to a door, do a quick shave and a haircut knock, and then continue.

My rule for this that I'm happy with under 43 minutes, and under 42 is great. My record is 40:25, one of only two times I've done it under 41 minutes. Today was 41:35 which is not bad at all seeing how I've had a long break from it.

DavePNW

I ran 13 with 8x1 mile

That sounds suckish. Nice job, steady paces on the reps. Is that basically tempo?

Dave

KCRuns

ZZ - You do 4 sets of 29 flights of stairs?  That's crazy!  I complain when our elevator goes out and I have to climb 6 flights.  Maybe I need to adjust my attitude and start taking some stairs!

SRD today. One of my clients bet me lunch that I couldn’t get some info for him. It took me less than an hour to track down what he needed so now he owes me. He’s sending me Noodles & Co for lunch today - let the carb loading begin!

Cyberic

CY: I saw you were up Dude.

I don't remember what I did that gave me away...

Run commute day. This afternoon I'm giving the awards for my race. Title holders male and female remain the same, and I'm giving away two medals for best improvement. With the thanks to all who participated and all the blah blah, it should last 5 minutes Smile

I say a few nice workouts in the dailies but haven't checked the logs yet for paces and stuff. Off I go...

onemile

That sounds suckish. Nice job, steady paces on the reps. Is that basically tempo?

Addie said "half marathon pace and cutting down if you can". But then gave specific paces - "start at 6:53-6:50 and try to cut down to 6:40 or so".  But I was unable to cut down and it felt a lot harder than it should today. Not sure why - I felt better for the 5x2k repeats she gave me last week and did better at getting some of them in the 6:40 range (she gave me similar paces for that one).

oldfartrunner

Addie said "half marathon pace and cutting down if you can". But then gave specific paces - "start at 6:53-6:50 and try to cut down to 6:40 or so".  But I was unable to cut down and it felt a lot harder than it should today. Not sure why - I felt better for the 5x2k repeats she gave me last week and did better at getting some of them in the 6:40 range (she gave me similar paces for that one).

10k worth of work compared to 8 miles this week I'd say. And it starts to accumulate, esp. after 6 miles worth. The body needs more time than 1 week to fully adapt.