Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #35 AKA Tuesdailies (Read 31 times)

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

just realized that, according to my summary page, I have tied my longest consecutive day running streak...at a whopping 37 days! I'm kind of surprised I haven't gone longer than that before.  And, it pales in comparison with some of the streaks others here have had!  But, I'll take it.

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

6.6 miles and it was 36 freaking degrees out there WTF. I had to dig pants out of my closet which I'm sure MrW loved hearing at 5am. I also ran through multiple sprinklers which was rather unpleasant. And leg workout at the gym last night so my quads are also like wtf.

might a well just move to the midwest!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

DavePNW

just realized that, according to my summary page, I have tied my longest consecutive day running streak...at a whopping 37 days! I'm kind of surprised I haven't gone longer than that before.  And, it pales in comparison with some of the streaks others here have had!  But, I'll take it.

Nice! Once you decide you’re going to just run every day, a streak only means (1) you haven’t flaked out on a run, and (2) you haven’t been injured. Both good things! When things are going well for me, a streak is only broken by the day after a marathon.

Dave

sdWhiskers

Started doing our taxes--the SALT cap (state and local taxes, includes property tax) at $10K kills us here in CA since they changed it last year. Makes me want to move to a different state.

onemile

Makes me want to move to a different state.

if you are freaking out over 36 degrees, you might want to rethink that

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

if you are freaking out over 36 degrees, you might want to rethink that

LOL.

She might mean Florida, though...

Damaris

sdWhiskers

LOL.

She might mean Florida, though...

Yes! Florida is a tax friendly state. Only higher expenses we had there was homeowners insurance and car registration. And property tax % was higher, but housing cost was lower.

DavePNW

I have the opportunity to go to a group run this weekend... it starts at 6 AM. It's an hour away. Seems silly when we all know I'm just going to end up being dropped and running alone anyway, though on the plus side, that means I'd get lost and end up with a VERY long run

That would be a big nope for me. IDK why people think they need to start weekend runs at 6 AM. Bad enough mine is at 7, and 25 min away.

When I was running with the Friday AM group (6 AM incidentally), I would sometimes end up alone but it was only 6 miles, so NBD, and the same loop around the lake every time so no getting lost. It was sometimes tough because I had to run a couple miles to get there, so I was already warmed up. So either I’d have to slow down to run with people who will eventually end up at my pace, or run with people who will eventually drop me. Sometimes I’d end up running with one group, then alone, then another group. Anyway for my Saturday group run now, I make sure to find people at the start who plan the same pace & distance, and it’s worked out pretty well so far. I don’t always finish with all the exact same people I started with, but I’m generally not alone. Especially important since it’s a different route every week and I’d likely get lost otherwise.

Dave

10.1, stream grade, one good hill and one stupid ham that suddenly got tight at 9.75

RunningOnSand

HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Actually, I asked about pace and it's not like they're running super duper fast, I should be able to hang with them. But then again, my long run pace is generally pretty universal and yet I still somehow end up running myself anyway

Are you running with Olympians or something? You are wicked fast. I can't imagine a lot of ordinary people being faster than you.

RunningOnSand

LOL

RunningOnSand

RunningOnSand

Wolvmar, that's a great streak! Nicely done.

Lauren, I'm really sorry to hear about your heel spur. Sad You are so diligent about rehab/prehab stuff, that I'm hoping you have a head start on most of the cases they see, and that you'll be on the much faster side as far as recovery goes.

I've got my appointment with my PT tomorrow, and I'm inclined to just wait til after she does some dry needling to try running. When I "ran" on Friday (which is laughable, b/c it was a walk/run, and ended up being just a bit less than 2 miles) my Achilles was quite tight/sore the day after. It's been fine for a few days now, and I'm scared to aggravate it too much more.

DavePNW

Yes! Florida is a tax friendly state. Only higher expenses we had there was homeowners insurance and car registration. And property tax % was higher, but housing cost was lower.

I am a bit skeptical of any state that considers itself tax-friendly. I don’t think any one state government is more efficient than another. They will get it from you some way, either from sales, income, or property. I do like that WA has no state income tax, but mainly because it saves me from filing a state tax return. But our sales tax is about 10%. Next door in OR, they brag about having no sales tax, but they get hit in other ways. 

Last year with the tax law changes, I ended up taking the standard deduction rather than itemizing for the first time ever. I guess that’s supposed to make filing taxes easier. But I still had go through the whole itemizing process to figure that out, so it didn’t save me any time.

Dave