Beginners and Beyond

Rainy Sundalies (Read 49 times)

Half Crazy K 2.0

7 miles of suck. Supposed to pick it up the last 10-20 minutes. I did the opposite. Tropical like weather here, I was soaked within the first mile and unfortunately there was very sporadic light rain, so it did not help the conditions. Hamstrings were complaining the whole time.

Go Chicago Runners!

GC100k

And Rupp will get all the press despite Hasay running the second fastest marathon ever by an American woman and breaking the US course record at Chicago.

I watched the Chicago TV station feed and the drag queens dressed as ABBA got more coverage than either Rupp or Hasay. Not even kidding.

Baboon

delicate flower

Line outside the place we picked for breakfast. Must be the right spot.

Yeah I'd FTS and go somewhere else.

<3

Half Crazy K 2.0

Cyberic

And Rupp will get all the press despite Hasay running the second fastest marathon ever by an American woman and breaking the US course record at Chicago.

I have a new friend runner, a girl, and she made me realize that. She often places 1st female in local races but all we see on social media is who placed 1st overall even if relatively speaking the girl did better (like breaking the course record)

Cyberic

Same here. No way I'm waiting that line. Just no way.

LRB

Line outside the place we picked for breakfast. Must be the right spot.

There's a couple of places here like that. When in line at one of them, the people who leave and go to where no one is eating get a raised brow.

LRB

My Lions lost. That's two losses for my teams this weekend so I will not be in the mood for pleasantries at work tomorrow. 

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Everything hurts but for the first time in two years, I broke 5 hours again. Woot. And Deena Kastor handed me my medal (will post it tomorrow since I can’t post pics from my phone).

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

It was hot AF. Poor wave 3.

Damaris

Runshortii

Awesome job D! That photo of you and Deena is awesome

Cyberic

Great work D!

zzyzx

Used a weird elliptical today and didn't like how it worked. 37 minutes or so for only 3.01 miles despite having many many more steps than my shorter elliptical workouts of that distance.

Half Crazy K 2.0

Docket, nice race!

DavePNW

Oh it was totally worth it. Maybe 45 min or so wait (a lot of that line formed after us - DW is in the. Lie sweater looking at the camera).

DW: fried chicken French toast with bourbon-maple-sriracha sauce.

Me: French toast stuffed with bananas & Nutella.

Both of us: Bloody Caesars. Which I always thought sounded iffy, but was amazing.

Dave