Beginners and Beyond

WednesDAILIES!! Lets do this! (Read 43 times)

RunningOnSand

Right?  I probably would have gone with "terrifying," but I guess when you play ice hockey for fun, getting run over by a motorcycle ain't no thang.

Big grin

RunningOnSand

And then 200 meters from the finish, I saw my parents, wife and kids.  By this time I was absolutely out of my mind, but I knew I had qualified for Boston.  As I ran by, the only thing I could muster was screaming "Boston! Boston!" at them.  My wife later told me that I had terrified my (then) 3 year old so much she started to cry.

Good times!

LOL LOL LOL

RunningOnSand

You guys are entertaining. The Trump meme had me also laughing quite hard.

Re: courses being short and the like. WTF. I can also see why people are getting pissed off about it.

I just completed my workout. And I'm dead. Like, dead dead. But not quite dead. I have the lovely post-workout runner's gut. Grrrr. To be completely honest, I was having major GI issues from the onset of my run so I don't think that's what caused it. 7.95 treadmill miles done - I had to adjust the garmin since it didn't accurately log how speedy I was.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Sadly, a month ago I could have linked you to my race report on Runners World Online Forum, which described the whole encounter.

Long story short, I veered left at around the 41 km mark to avoid a pot hole or streetcar track (can't remember which now), and the motorcycle zoomed forward, with the windshield hitting me square in the left side of my chest.  I managed to keep my feet, and kept plodding along.

He pulled up along side of me and asked if I was OK.  I replied, "I think so" and ZOOM he was gone.

And then 200 meters from the finish, I saw my parents, wife and kids.  By this time I was absolutely out of my mind, but I knew I had qualified for Boston.  As I ran by, the only thing I could muster was screaming "Boston! Boston!" at them.  My wife later told me that I had terrified my (then) 3 year old so much she started to cry.

Good times!

Lol, poor 3 year old.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

My dad has landed!  I mean the JetBlue plane as well, but still!

Damaris

Very nice workouts LM and ROS! 

PRs:----- 5k: 17:48 (2019)   5M: 29:36 (2020)    HM: 1:24:37 (2017) Scheduled: ???

oldfartrunner

Very nice workouts LM and ROS! 

Yeah, I agree!  You too Jay! Timed the puke zone just right LM!

I got 6...But the course was short.  

Half Crazy: Lol!  That would make a difference in your workouts.

Berto: I didn't hear you face plant so it didn't happen.

Damaris: Good news!

Hello!  20 easy miles done.

No more moving houses for at least... like 9 more years, I swear.  This shit is exhausting, but we're finally starting to get settled in.

Does anyone use the Soleus Turbo watch? Thoughts?  My wife and I both need new no-frills GPS, and that one looks decent at around $100.

DavePNW

No more moving houses for at least... like 9 more years, I swear.  This shit is exhausting, but we're finally starting to get settled in.

Does anyone use the Soleus Turbo watch? Thoughts?  My wife and I both need new no-frills GPS, and that one looks decent at around $100.

Who are you? 

Won any more marathons lately?

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Hi!!!!

Damaris

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

In 2013, I got hit by one of the official marathon motorcycles.

I managed to keep my feet and keep running, but it was a pretty weird experience.

But were you ever run over by a deer during a cross country race?

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                              05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Cyberic

Sorry Jay. When you're as slow as me, you need all the electronic assistance technology has to offer, so no, I have not tried these watches.

But, I bet that end of November, during Black Friday week, you can get a decent deal and pay 100 bucks for a 220 or something like that.

RunningWithMyDog

I'm far too fast - the deer would never even get close to me.

Cyberic

Got hit good, too! I didn't expect that.

bluerun

Super B****

Since I ran yesterday, I WOULD have done the bike today, but since the last time I did that I couldn't walk for three days afterward... I ran 10 on the AlterG instead.  And then went to see my PT and collect his opinion re: what the hell is wrong with my leg, which turns out to make more sense than the last opinion I got.  (Frankly, IDGAF what is wrong with it, I just want it to stop hurting.)

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog