Beginners and Beyond

MunDAILIES (Read 40 times)

LRB

WELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD!

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners, from injury to running. We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay a while (not literally)! And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours here.

LRB

Supp!

Not sure if I am doing much of anything today...well, I suppose I should stretch.  Blah.

What about you?

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

5 miles done.  Core tonight.

Damaris

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Is it really Monday already? SRD for me today. Thought about running but then I didn't get to bed a early as I wanted so decided to reset the alarm for later and keep it as a rest day.  

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

delicate flower

Happy Monday now and I don't want to be at work if you know what I'm saying!  ROFL

Run planned later today.  Maybe.

<3

outoftheblue

I'm up early.  It's still dark, but I can't wait to go up to the chicken coop and check for more eggs.  No running today.   I'm going to head over to the coast later today so that I can visit my Grandma tomorrow morning.  She is 98, but has colon cancer and doesn't have much longer to live.  My 100 year old grandpa passed away last month and she really misses him.  It sapped a lot of her will to keep fighting.  It's going to be an emotional visit.  No matter how rich and full someone's life has been, you're never really ready for them to go.

Life is good.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

SRD. (How's that for a short post?) Wink

redrum

Caretaker/Overlook Hotel

Blue, sorry to hear that!  Those sound like some long, full lives though!!!  Enjoy your time with her!!

To everyone else......ditto on the Monday thing......boooooo!!!

Probably rest today.  I actually did quite a bit over the weekend.

Maybe I'll take Rick's lead & do some stretching.

Randy

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Due to yesterday's rain, Rocky and I ran the roads out here in Chandler. My ankles and legs themselves are a bit sore from Saturday's race so the first 3 miles had me wanting to turn around. We ended up running 6.2 miles in 1:06:19 and I was constantly reminded why I love running trails and hate roads, especially when I have Rocky on a leash with me. His common sense goes out the window and it is a battle to keep him to the side of the road, for example as a garbage truck waited for me to go on by, I picked up the pace to hurry past but Rocky was so busy staring at the truck he ran right up against me just in time as my left knee was coming up off the ground and right into his ribs............but I didn't want to deal with slick mud and roots all while trying to do a recovery run. Now for coffee.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

In its totality, that's good stuff Blue.

Will run for scenery.

It's a short week for me so I don't hate this Monday as much as I hate other Mondays.

Gonna try to squeeze in 3 mi on the TM.

I turn 50 this weekend, and I got a nice little birthday note in the mail - a reminder to schedule my first ever colonoscopy : Yay ?

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

LRB

Maybe I'll take Rick's lead & do some stretching.

I actually had a really good session.  Blush

LRB

I turn 50 this weekend, and I got a nice little birthday note in the mail - a reminder to schedule my first ever colonoscopy : Yay ?

Sure, but I cannot see myself watching that thing on the monitor!  Just give me a book doc and let me know when it's ova.

StepbyStep-SH

OOTB - Hugs for you! Enjoy the visit with your grandmother. What a blessing to have had your grandparents in your life for so long. My paternal grandparents are both 88 and doing relatively well, but they live so far away I only see them once a year. Every visit I wonder if it will be the last.

SRD for me (my legs are celebrating!), with a massage scheduled. I do have kyukido tonight, but that shouldn't be too tough.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Robert31320

Team TJ

Hey y'all.

I got in a 3.2 mile run this morning while training for absolutely nothing other than to feel good.  Happy to have the stress of debut HM training behind me and just be able to run for FUN.   Cool

Running for TJ because he can't.