baboon - hope you maybe have a good run

jack - you deserve it

red - enjoy the srd

free - nice job pushing to 6.2

jjs - happy early bday

lrb - glad the stretching went well

step - massage should be nice...

robert -  +1 on running for fun

5 this AM for fun...not training for anything in particular...received a way belated bday gift from one of my sisters yesterday...it was about 2  months late - but i'll take it....have a good day all!

marathon pr - 3:16

scappodaqui

rather be sprinting

5 miles in 40:52 (8:10ish?) with my new running buddy (well, he did 5k, then I continued on).  He was exactly on time!  Yay!  (I hate lateness).  Good run.

A thread in the regular forum is making me feel bad for not running long enough.  Must remember I just had a sfx.

PRs: 5k 19:25, mile 5:38, HM 1:30:56

Lifting PRs: bench press 125lb, back squat 205 lb, deadlift 245lb

LRB

A thread in the regular forum is making me feel bad for not running long enough.  Must remember I just had a sfx.

What thread is that?

scappodaqui

rather be sprinting

PRs: 5k 19:25, mile 5:38, HM 1:30:56

Lifting PRs: bench press 125lb, back squat 205 lb, deadlift 245lb

LRB

The one on the benefits of 90+ minute runs.

That is from Daniels (and possibly others), unbeknownst to some, there is an endurance component to distances as short as the 5k.  One 80 - 90 minute easy run a week addresses this.  It is the reason my long runs are capped at 10 - 12 miles during the 5 & 10k season.  I only run further than that to reach my targeted mileage for the week and rarely run shorter than 10, which for me is around 84 minutes.

This does not mean you need to run 90 minutes for every run though.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Busy as all get-out today.  My co-worker is back in the hospital yet again and may not be back for a while, she apparently had a second mini-stroke.  I am wishing her all the best. Meanwhile, this leaves me as the only researcher for umpteen folks, having to do her work as well as mine.  Fun stuff.

Plan on an easy 3 today.  It's sunny today and the temp will be near 80 by my 4:30 pm run time.  And it WILL be an easy 3 today.   After my 5K on Saturday morning - http://www.runningahead.com/groups/BF_and_Beyond/forum/260eae4ea84a4788b0112776ca4a4fe8/resume#focus - I went for a planned 'easy' 3 on Sunday at Lackland Air Force Base, but felt good and got carried away and ran all the pedestrian overpasses and went longer and ended up with 4 miles instead of 3.  So a pretty good weekend, aside from the fact that all my college football teams that I like lost, except for Auburn, which beat Georgia in a highlight miracle play right near the very end of the game, that was great fun to watch!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Busy as all get-out today.  My co-worker is back in the hospital yet again and may not be back for a while, she apparently had a second mini-stroke.  I am wishing her all the best. Meanwhile, this leaves me as the only researcher for umpteen folks, having to do her work as well as mine.  Fun stuff.

Plan on an easy 3 today.  It's sunny today and the temp will be near 80 by my 4:30 pm run time.  And it WILL be an easy 3 today.   After my 5K on Saturday morning - http://www.runningahead.com/groups/BF_and_Beyond/forum/260eae4ea84a4788b0112776ca4a4fe8/resume#focus - I went for a planned 'easy' 3 on Sunday at Lackland Air Force Base, but felt good and got carried away and ran all the pedestrian overpasses and went longer and ended up with 4 miles instead of 3.  So a pretty good weekend, aside from the fact that all my college football teams that I like lost, except for Auburn, which beat Georgia in a highlight miracle play right near the very end of the game, that was great fun to watch!

Oh, boy.  Hope she recovers.  Off to read your RR.

Damaris

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

It's a short week for me so I don't hate this Monday as much as I hate other Mondays.

Gonna try to squeeze in 3 mi on the TM.

I turn 50 this weekend, and I got a nice little birthday note in the mail - a reminder to schedule my first ever colonoscopy : Yay ?

Well, at least you could wait until you're 50.  I've been getting one every 4 years since I was 29!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Dad on the run.

Hello all! I had a pretty fun / productive weekend. Saturday my wife had a baby shower to go to so my Dad and I hung out and grabbed some Italian food from this yummy little Italian joint before heading to the movies and watching Ender's Game.

Sunday I took my wife to Chuy's (her favorite mexican restaraunt) and then we headed over to The Home Depot so I could pick up some 10 dollar cleaner and we ended up spending 50... isn't that how it always happens? I bought some annual rye grass and some feed that supposed to speed up the germination process. My back yard is a mud pit every time it rains and its a week before I can let my dogs out back because of how long it takes for it to all dry up. I'm hoping I can get some temporary grass back there to last until spring where I can really focus on getting my back yard where I want it.

8 days of no running. Legs feel really great and I've enjoyed the extra strengthening I have been able to fit in since I'm not running. However, I am missing it and can't wait to get back out there and run injury free!

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Good evening, dailies!

Another day, another lack of run. I'm OK with that though. Scheduled another appointment with the Doc on Friday Morning. I've been off the ibuprophen for 3 days now. Still getting some pain, but its not terrible. Maybe I'm just learning how to NOT move my leg. Smile

I just want to fix it if it needs fixing, and rest it if that's what it needs. I've had the occasional urge to just go out for a quick 3 or 4 miles, but I'm resisting. Tried that a week and a half after my HM and found myself hurting badly so that's out.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

Just B.S.

Just did 30 minutes on the bike trainer in the basement then some work on the weight machine.

There was some talk  today about a trip to Italy next fall with a race both weekends

That would make a fabulous 30th anniversary trip