Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #17 (Read 32 times)

Cyberic

Winter has come.

Temps in the negatives (Farenheit, or else I wouldn't even be talking about it) this morning, tomorrow morning, rising in the single digits during the day. Temps will stay cold for many days, says forecast.

Run commute for me. Watcha got?

onemile

Flying to Houston this morning!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Yay, onemile!

It's slightly cold here (20F) here today. We are getting snow tonight (and ice) so not sure if my 7 will be outside in full, partly inside (if ice), or what. I get off work one hour early (short Friday) so that will help beating the ice and rain.

Damaris

bluerun

Super B****

7 miles. I can’t decide whether to return the 1080v10 and I’m running out of time.

It was also fifty degrees colder than my last outdoor run and I did not enjoy that.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Cyberic

Last time I ran in sub 0 temps (not windchill) my Stryd pod froze and I needed the charger to reboot it. So I brought my charger to work, thinking the pod would freeze for sure (-4*, -22* windchill, not that windchill matters to electronics) but it didn't.

So maybe last time it wasn't the temperature but something else, and I thought it was the cold? But if it wasn't the cold, then what was it?

Whatever.

Have a nice flight, Onemile. Happy thoughts.

Your dress looks very nice, Blue. A long dress like that, the botton must become ultra dirty, doesn't it, from sweeping the floor like that?

onemile

Your dress looks very nice, Blue. A long dress like that, the botton must become ultra dirty, doesn't it, from sweeping the floor like that?

She will be wearing 4 inch heels and it won't be on the floor 

Cyberic

Ah! Thanks. Should have thought of that.  

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

Ran 8 this morning.  18 degrees with windchill around 10. I managed to overdress and was a little on the warm side but sure beats being cold!

Supposed to to get 6-8 inches of snow here tonight into Saturday morning. So, my morning run might be a morning snow shoveling!

Onemile - good luck in Houston!

bluerun

Super B****

I am over the moon that the dress is as long as it is because I DON'T have to wear shoes that will kill my feet -- nobody will see them anyway! I could wear Hokas and nobody would know the difference.

Seriously, ever since my calcaneal stress fracture, any time I wear heels my foot hurts for days afterward. It makes me sad because I love heels but it's just not worth it.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Rest today, early morning work meeting and busy work day, so you tomorrow

RunningOnSand

Ghost 11 for $60!

Men’s https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B077QSH83J/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?tag=slicinc-20&ascsubtag=cb1b0dce393111eaa297ee446ae44d1d0INT&smid=A2BMBHD2OU3XDU&th=1&psc=1

Women’s https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B077QN42CL/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?tag=slicinc-20&ascsubtag=d48e2296393211ea9203a644d253a3840INT&smid=A2BMBHD2OU3XDU&psc=1

Thanks for the link; it must be for specific sizes--the lowest they'd go for me is $89.99. Did you get several more pair?

Blue, that sucks about not being able to wear heels anymore. But I totally get it that it's not worth it.

Onemile, safe travels!

Wolvmar, we are getting similar weather--3-5" this afternoon, then 3-5" more tonight, and another inch tomorrow morning.

Cy, I had to LOL @ the comment about the temps being in the negatives for you, and you still run commuting anyway (well, the laughter was more b/c I was complaining about the same temps we had yesterday, and I took my ass to the treadmill instead! Big grin ). Hope your run commute went well! Did you have a frozen beard?

Docket ,enjoy your miles, wherever you get them in.

Daffy, enjoy (??) the meetings! Smile

RunningOnSand

I did an early morning strength training workout with my pal, and it kicked my ass. My upper body is tirrrrred already. So I'll shuffle on the TM for a few miles in a little bit. Right now my dog is cuddling with me on the couch, and I can't really disturb her by getting up, you know? She clearly needs me right now. Big grin

onemile

Cyberic

Cy, I had to LOL @ the comment about the temps being in the negatives for you, and you still run commuting anyway (well, the laughter was more b/c I was complaining about the same temps we had yesterday, and I took my ass to the treadmill instead! Big grin ). Hope your run commute went well! Did you have a frozen beard?

I will run commute in anything. The question is not "Will I run in this?" but "How do I dress to run in this?" It is simply a thing I do. Makes me feel like a tough guy (to myself) to do so, the kind of guy who will run in anything, you know? Once you've decided that is what you do, it's much easier for me to do it than if you need to answer the question "Should I run in this?" because even if you answer yes, you might have regrets outside. I leave myself no choice in the matter.

I'll most probably still run in anything after I stop competing. I do not run to train anymore. I run because that's what I do, and I'll train if I choose to race. 2 different things to me.