Beginners and Beyond

Super Sunday Penguins - Time To Get Your Game On! (Read 39 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Now if you had said a marathon, my answer would have been different.

Damaris

Mmmmm...beer

Hey everyone!

Fuck you pipe!  15 miles @ 7:51/mile done.  #unbreakable  Smile

I went back and took a couple of pics of the pipe to send to the city.  The first one is how it looked when I stepped in it, second is after I removed some of the grass covering it up.  It's about a foot across.

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Dude...that's a serious hazard!  Where is that thing?

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Thanks Damaris!!!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

From the Internet.

Hi pens, haven't read the whole thread yet. We got a bunch of furniture from DH's grandmother's house yesterday, so today we did a ton of cleaning and organizing/rearranging things. Starting to look like a house where adults live, haha Smile

3.15 miles this afternoon with only one walk break (after the first mile). Will ice intermittently for the rest of the night and find out how much I pissed off the leg tomorrow - hopefully not at all. Today's run brings me up to not-quite-9 miles for the week!

Mmmmm...beer

Dude...that's a serious hazard!  Where is that thing?

It's about 3 feet from the shoulder on a main road.  The traffic there moves around 50-55mph, so I was staying in the grass to be safe, or so I thought.  The city will definitely be hearing from me first thing in the morning.

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Those Calvin Kleins definitely look like they are for runners!!

Philliefan33

So far my favorite commercialBig grin

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

T-Rod and I could model those Calvin Kleins for you.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Random question... how long were you guys runners before doing your first half?

Twelve years, but that's misleading. There weren't any HMs at least where I lived. There were very few road races of any length that first year. I  ran my first 12M race 11 months after starting. Prior to that I had only 1 10M run, but I was running 40-45 mpw and had been for 6 months with a large helping of quality workouts, manily intervals, as well.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                            05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Damn right.

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

Philliefan33

That's what I like....confidence!

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

I'm asking about the HM because when I posted my training plan for a 10 mile race I'm running in June as a way to build mileage to start training for my first half (race is in October, I will begin training in July right around my one year runnerversary) a very experienced runner who I respect has concerns that I will not be able toget my mileage up enough to support the training over the next 20 weeks between now and the 10 miler in June, and that I shouldn't run the half in October. It seems that manyothers have trained for a half on less than a year running experience though, and I will have 11 months under my belt when I start a plan in July. I already paid for both the 10 miler and half. They are through the same organization and I was able to register for them as a package on the first day of registration to save money. Now I'm worried I have gotten myself into something I shouldn't have.

Keep in mind the different backgrounds, ages, other athletic experience, injuries or lack thereof, and type or cause of injuries if relevant. Also keep in mind how difficult the race went, how they felt afterwards, and the recovery process. Having done or being able to do something doesn't always make it the wisest choice. A relevant question is whether they would make the same choice in retrospect.

Sorry to intrude. I accidently opened the thread but decided to respond after reading a few posts.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                  05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Keep in mind the different backgrounds, ages, other athletic experience, injuries or lack thereof, and type or cause of injuries if relevant. Also keep in mind how difficult the race went, how they felt afterwards, and the recovery process. Having done or being able to do something doesn't always make it the wisest choice. A relevant question is whether they would make the same choice in retrospect.

Sorry to intrude. I accidently opened the thread but decided to respond after reading a few posts.

I would do it again. I also ran a full less than 8 months into my running career. Wasn't fast, but it was a blast. Recovered well and ran my 2nd HM 2 weeks after my full and set a huge PR.

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

Bin Running

Gustav, thanks for starting.. Good job with the 2M.. I am taking over your place on the injure list.. Not for long I hope.
                                Jerry, Sorry abt the crowds on the track.. It is crowded due to it being a newer ground?
                                Damaris, Good job with the 5M.. I will rest it.. At least I will try.. Tongue Iced it immediately after reaching home... Went to a chinese physician who use a sort of heat torch to shine on it.. Finished with some herbal smelly chinese herbs or something pasted onto the area..
                                Scotty, Love your heart look like a pretty cool event..
                                Kristin, so funny abt the guy cutting cheese.. He's probably letting out some  air while his body compress.
                                Awood, Good job on the 8M
                                Mel, if you wanted to maximise the older shoes.. I read to run them on easy/recover which you are using them already.. Another suggestion is to run it on softer ground like trail or rubberished track.
                                Mitch, You are gonna rock it.. If you can run 8:40 in the middle of a 12+M.. I would call for 8:30 for HM pace.. That will flat nicely to abt 1:53.. You can do it!
                                Rick, Enjoy the RD.. Good job with running thru snow yday..
                                Ginny, Hope you get you run in anyhow..
                                Tomas, Seem like getting foot caught is the theme for this week.. Glas there's not injuries..
                                Dave, that look like a nasty hole..  Serious injury could happen..
                                Lauren, Hurray for the new furniture.. 9M is not too bad as you are just coming back..
                                Margo, what Calvin Kleins?
                                wcrunner, glad you could drop by..

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar