Beginners and Beyond

Whatcha say there SUNDAILIES! (Read 43 times)

Baboon

delicate flower

CoolWELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD!Cool

Anyone and everyone can post your runs and whatnot so speak up already.

<3

MothAudio

Good morning runners! Saturday: 15 miles 2:23:36 - 9:34 avg. pace - recovery. Mission accomplished. Longest run since my stroke in August.

Woke up this morning to see that Wilson Kipsang set a NEW Marathon WR @ the Berlin Marathon - 2:03:23 [4:42.3 pace] this morning. Amazing. All praise to him. Finish video.

After reaching my highest [weekly] mileage since my TIA I'll go out for a short, easy run this morning before it gets too hot. Saw more runners mid-late morning yesterday than I have all year. Is everyone crammiing for the marathon in 4 weeks? Hope not. Then it's off to rescue our grandmother from watching the kids all weekend before the games start. Enjoy your day and run inspired.

Youth Has No Age. ~ Picasso / 1st road race: Charleston Distance Run 15 Miler - 1974 / profile

Baboon

delicate flower

Good morning and Happy Sunday!  What's everyone got going on today?  Rest day for me.  Maybe.  Unless the wife wants to go for a bike ride.  Grocery shopping and watching football are today's big planned events.  I'm feeling a little achy.

Good luck to Zelanie (10K), Catwhoorg (tri debut), Just B.S. (marathon), and c0derunner (HM) today!   Apologies and good luck to anyone I forgot.

<3

StepbyStep-SH

Congrats to yesterday's racers (and the new WR holder!), and good luck to all of today's!

SRD for me. I wouldn't mind getting a few miles in, but Sunday is my one day to NOT get up before 5 a.m. and the rest of the day is just busy with family things.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

outoftheblue

Good morning Baboon, Moth and Step.

I'm having my one pre-race cup of coffee and bowl of oatmeal now.    It's not totally socked in with fog, so hopefully that means we get some views out there.   Overall, I'm excited about getting out there for my "26.2 miles of running heaven," as the race promoters put it.

Jay -- congrats on your 50K yesterday!

Life is good.

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Morning, Dailies!

Congratulations to Wilson Kipsang on the new world record marathon. It's amazing - he's almost doubled my HM speed, and he does it for 26.2 miles.

Nice 15 miler, Moth!

Nice race yesterday, Phil.

SRD on tap today. I might do a slow 3-4 mile recovery run this afternoon, but for now, I've no intention of running. I'm a little sore from yesterday's monster 15 mile run. And yesterday evening's celebratory beverage. Smile

Hope y'all have a good day. Best of luck to the racers today.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

Jess runs for bacon

Good luck to the racers today! Awesome, a new world record! Four recovery miles on tap today, but I can't go out my front door because there are two killer spider waiting to pounce me there Sad

Good morning, dailies:

Moth - Wow.  That kind of speed over that distance is mind-blowing.  Amazing.  Have a good short run.

Baboon - nice HM yesterday

Step - have a good day off

OOTB - good luck!  jjs did a 50K yesterday (congrats jjs!), Jay did one tenth of that, lol

Tom - enjoy that rest after the big 15

Lilac - #firstworldproblem

Going to the game with my dad today, Let's Go, Buffalo!

Let's Go, Buffalo

MothAudio

Good morning runners! Saturday: 15 miles 2:23:36 - 9:34 avg. pace - recovery. Mission accomplished. Longest run since my stroke in August.

Woke up this morning to see that Wilson Kipsang set a NEW Marathon WR @ the Berlin Marathon - 2:03:23 [4:42.3 pace] this morning. Amazing. All praise to him. Finish video.

After reaching my highest [weekly] mileage since my TIA I'll go out for a short, easy run this morning before it gets too hot. Saw more runners mid-late morning yesterday than I have all year. Is everyone crammiing for the marathon in 4 weeks? Hope not. Then it's off to rescue our grandmother from watching the kids all weekend before the games start. Enjoy your day and run inspired.

8 miles 1:22:32 - 10:19 avg. pace - stupid easy + 1 mile walking cool down + form drills. Kept my arms at my side, doing my best George Jefferson impersonation, the entire way to discourage bumping up the pace.

cm2012 8

Youth Has No Age. ~ Picasso / 1st road race: Charleston Distance Run 15 Miler - 1974 / profile

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I am done!  Done, I tell you!  18 miles with 16 @ MP+20sec.  Ended up with MP+ 15 sec and I had to rein myself from running 16 @ MP because it was one of those days where everything feels easy.  Let the madness begin; I'm ready!

Phil, long intro, I see.  LOL.

Mike, I read about it when I woke up!  I love the Berlin Marathon and it is an awesome race to PR, so the fact that they have had two world records there in the last three years is not surprising. nice 15.

Shari, enjoy the rest.

OOTB, hope you're killin it out there.

Tom, enjoy the rest.

lilac, spiders?  Sheesh!  Hope you get to run...eventually.

Jay, enjoy the game.

Damaris

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

21.3 done for me.

Marjorie

Ric-G

morning all....7 easy this AM

moth - continued recovery...nice work

blue  - good luck!

lilac - agree with jay

step - i have one of those sundays too

baboon - u deserve a little break there

tom - break...deserve...too

jay - nfl sounds sweet

D- great run

marjorie - very cool

good luck to any/all racing today!

marathon pr - 3:16

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Morning. Ran the Oktoberfest 10K yesterday. PW for time but was running for fun with my dad.

5.5 this morning.Time for birthday brunch with my parents! (Birthday is Tues)

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Will run for scenery.

Ouchie, Ouchie !

I finished my first 50k yesterday and man O man am I sore.  Dos Margaritas didn't even put a dent in it.

For today : recovery walk to my car, breakfast at The Chocolate Maven (oh yes!) and stock up at Trader Joes for the drive home.

Good luck to all todays racers (and pacers!)

Congrats to yesterday's racers.

Stick a fork in it, D.  You're done!

Death to pouncy spiders!

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

jjs, of course you're sore!  I am not done done, I am just DONE WITH TRAINING, WOOHOO!

Kristin, happy advanced birthday!

Damaris