Beginners and Beyond

Whatcha say there SUNDAILIES! (Read 43 times)

Jess runs for bacon

Ouchie, Ouchie !

I finished my first 50k yesterday and man O man am I sore.  Dos Margaritas didn't even put a dent in it.

For today : recovery walk to my car, breakfast at The Chocolate Maven (oh yes!) and stock up at Trader Joes for the drive home.

Good luck to all todays racers (and pacers!)

Congrats to yesterday's racers.

Stick a fork in it, D.  You're done!

Death to pouncy spiders!

Congrats!!!!

Good afternoon, everyone!

Phil, thank you for starting today's thread. Enjoy your RD.

MothAudio, fantastic fifteen. I'm glad to hear that you're recovering so well. Looking good.

Shari, enjoy the well-deserved SRD.

outoftheblue, good luck!

Tom, have fun doing whatever you do.

lilac_jive, have a pleasant recovery run.

Jay, have fun with your dad.

Damaris, excellent eighteen.

Marjorie, awesome 21.3.

Ric-G, sweet seven.

jjs22, amazing 50K.

kristin10185, fantastic 5.5. Have a great time with your folks.

Twelve miles later this afternoon. I'm up on the North Shore. So, my goal is to time my run so I'll be by the beach around sunset.

Also, easing back into regular weight and ab work begins tonight.

I have no idea why the past two-three month have been such a struggle. I don't know what happened. I'm just glad that my mojo is returning.

I'm looking forward to March 21. I'll be doing something I love in the city that's felt more like home than any other.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Basya, I am glad to hear your mojo is returning!

Damaris

LRB

I have no idea why the past two-three month have been such a struggle. I don't know what happened.

Mentally, I went through the same thing, only not as long.  For me, the only thing I could guess is that it is the result of a very long year of running.

Wassup peeps, I paced today, 13.1 miles.  I came in a little bit quicker than I wanted, but that I came in at all was a miracle in and of itself.

Mmmmm...beer

Hey everyone!!

Been MIA for a bit, was out in CA for work this past week, and didn't get on the internet much.  Raced an 8k yesterday, PR'd, but not as fast as I was hoping for, the wind was killer.  Finished in 33:14.  Only my second 8k, my first one was last year when I first started running, so it was an 8min PR. Smile

Went out for a long run today, but just wasn't feeling it, so I cut it short at 10, legs still a lil tired from yesterday.

Hope everyone has been doing well, time to watch some football, GO BIG BLUE!! Smile

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

LRB

GO BIG BLUE!!

Giants or Cowboys?

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Mentally, I went through the same thing, only not as long.  For me, the only thing I could guess is that it is the result of a very long year of running.

Wassup peeps, I paced today, 13.1 miles.  I came in a little bit quicker than I wanted, but that I came in at all was a miracle in and of itself.

If the pacees were still with you, they will be ecstatic you gave them a faster time, no?

Damaris

Good afternoon runners!  Well, it's no WORLD RECORD.. but I did set a (almost) 2 minute PR on a course I thought I had no shot to do so. Brooksie Way Half Marathon, 1:52:56.  The course is back loaded with hills, so I consider this a success. Bring on the Detroit HM.

Splits...

1: 8:36

2: 8:23

3: 8:25

4: 8:31

5: 8:46

6: 8:50

7: 8:57

8: 8:58

9: 8:50

10: 8:45

11: 8:38

12: 8:44

13: 8:02

Final .1: 7:22

I did have a brief FE also (LRB) so that was cool.

Have a good Sunday! Time to sit back down for some football.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Great job, c0derunner.  There better be an FE picture somewhere!

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Hey everyone!!

Been MIA for a bit, was out in CA for work this past week, and didn't get on the internet much.  Raced an 8k yesterday, PR'd, but not as fast as I was hoping for, the wind was killer.  Finished in 33:14.  Only my second 8k, my first one was last year when I first started running, so it was an 8min PR. Smile

Went out for a long run today, but just wasn't feeling it, so I cut it short at 10, legs still a lil tired from yesterday.

Hope everyone has been doing well, time to watch some football, GO BIG BLUE!! Smile

Nice job!

Damaris

Mmmmm...beer

Giants or Cowboys?

Giants Smile

Thanks Damaris!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

B-Plus

Last 20-miler is in the books. 7:33 average pace. It was also my first ever depletion run.

Bravo on the 13.1, Rick.

Dave, congratulations on the 8K! Great ten today.

c0derunner, congratulations on the HM PR!

B-Plus, awesome twenty.

Ab work and push-ups are done. I'm off to another nap before heading out for my run.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Knew I liked DaveSmile GMEN!!! really have to win this game....

Giants Smile

Thanks Damaris!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Zelanie

Checking in.  My official time was 53:03.  I think I ran it more like a short HM than like a 10K, but what can I say, that's how I like to run.  Felt strong the whole way and had a solid kick.  RR later, after I go get some lunch!