Beginners and Beyond

HELLO!? Where are the dailies! (Read 52 times)

Baboon

delicate flower

And I am sure LRB will post up a dailies thread as I am typing out this one, because that is how he rolls.

Anyway, GOOD MORNING!    If I slept every night as well as I did last night, I'd be unstoppable.  Yesterday was 8 on the treadmill with 6 at GMP.  The run went much better than expecred after dragging butt all day.  An easy run planned after work today.

Whatchu got going on?  Besides work?

<3

StepbyStep-SH

Glad you slept well, Phil, because I didn't. But that's nothing new.

I'm going to do 8 or so, very slow and easy, on the rail-trail today, where there is nothing that even begins to resemble a hill.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

happylily

Good morning Mr Baboon!

No run for me. I'm going to spend the day waiting for my sister who's having more surgery done. Then depending on how she is after, I may spend the coming days by her side to keep her spirits up. So maybe no running at all in the coming days also.

The sun will shine today around here, I hope it's a nice day too where you live!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Baboon

delicate flower

I'm going to do 8 or so, very slow and easy, on the rail-trail today, where there is nothing that even begins to resemble a hill.

That is the beauty of the rail trail!  That, and no cars.

<3

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

What is San Antonio is enjoying this morning?  Beautiful, clear morning, about 50 degrees, with the vault of the sky filled with stars.

I also enjoyed the sunny sky yesterday after work. Went over to one of my favorite parks and did 3.3 miles on a mix of paved trails and off-road natural trails.  What a beautiful afternoon for a run!  80 degrees, blue skies, sunshine,  humidity in the low 40s, low dewpoint, and a light cooling breeze that made you feel great out there, very comfortable.  The day was so nice the park was chock full of people - runners, walkers, cyclists, soccer players, baseball players, folks taking their kids to one of the many park playgrounds.  Lots of people walking their dogs too.  I carried 12 dog biscuits with me and had gotten rid of all of them by the end of my run/walk.  Some of the dogs I met were Hondo the German Shepherd,  border collies Minnie and Mickey, and a very unusual lab named Halley, she was a purebred SILVER lab and really was silver all over.   Nice run/walk and met lots of nice doggies and their folks.  Good times in the park!

Today is a non-running day.  After work I may go do my weight training circuit.  I have been very lazy in this department so need to get back with it.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Thanks for starting us off, Phil!  Sounds like you had a great day yesterday in spite of dragging butt.  Enjoy your easy run today.

Rail trail sounds like a nice place to run, Step.  Sorry about the lack of sleep though.

Wishing all the best for your sister, Lily!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Good morning. Thank you for starting today's thread, Phil. I hope that you have a pleasant post-work run.

Shari, have a fun hill run.

Lily, a speedy ad complete recovery to your sister.

scottydawg, what a lovely day in San Antonio yesterday! I hope that today follows suit.

I'm changing my plan for the week. I'm feeling run down, with colleagues and kids falling sick. No cardio or weighs. Just running. I'll be in bed an hour earlier each night. woot. Run club meetup tonight.

Baboon

delicate flower

Thank you for starting today's thread, Phil.

You're welcome.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Good morning Mr Baboon!

No run for me. I'm going to spend the day waiting for my sister who's having more surgery done. Then depending on how she is after, I may spend the coming days by her side to keep her spirits up. So maybe no running at all in the coming days also.

The sun will shine today around here, I hope it's a nice day too where you live!

Hope the surgery goes well.  I'll be thinking of your sister.

Morning!  6 miles tonight, most likely with my husband.

Damaris

StepbyStep-SH

Lily - Sending prayers for a successful surgery and easy recovery for your sister.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

At 6:20 AM I was wondering the same thing, where the heck are the dailies!

Rocky and I got 9 miles in this morning, hopefully I'll have enough energy for a 2-3 mile walk this afternoon and Dorian and Rocky.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

'Sup!

I got in 8 easy dressed like the skank that I am. 

DavePNW

Yo.

My first early-morning outdoor run of the year. Still a bit chilly, but nice.

5 easy.

Dave

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Morning!

Cruise intervals done at Tempo pace, book-ended by Easy running completed on the TM. About 12.5 miles in total.

It's supposed to be our first 70 degree day of the year, so I'm heading straight home after work to fire up the grill and eat meats in tube form. Hmmm, hotdogs and brats.

Have a good one everyone.

- Andrew

From the Internet.

Morning everyone! 3 easy with 3x strides on my favorite running path that's no longer a frozen slushy mess Big grin Quick for me, finished in 28:47.