Beginners and Beyond

HELLO!? Where are the dailies! (Read 52 times)

Hi dailies:

LR on the schedule, and the weather looks nicer than predicted.  Gonna have to keep a lid on it, after running too fast the past couple days as therapy.

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Echo Lauren!

3 easy + strides for me!

Team 5k race on Saturday I need to be fresh for...

Zelanie

Lily: I will be keeping your sister in my thoughts today.

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Greetings, Dailies, and Happy Wednesday!

Missed posting for a few days, but nothing significantly new in life. Enjoying my week in chilly Cleveland, Ohio.

Ran a 5 mile race on Sunday morning, the Towpath Half Marathon 5 Miler. Finished third in age group at 47:41 official net time. Not exactly ground burning speed, but I'm OK with that. Just wish I had hung around after the race for my Bling.

3 miles yesterday, negative splits. Started as an easy recovery run but ended up pushing the last mile pretty hard. 1003, 945, 921 paces for the 3 miles respectively. A little stiff and sore, but feeling OK otherwise.

SRD today, tomorrow, I meet up with some other folks for a photography hike at Sandy Ridge in Lorain County, Ohio. It should be a really nice day with a high of 70 degrees! Might even wear shorts!

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

Ric-G

6 miles this AM. At work half the day...then going off site to a meeting for the other half - fun.

lily - hope all goes well with your sis

marathon pr - 3:16

StepbyStep-SH

9 miles in sunshine and temps that started around 38 and hit 50 by the time I finished. Felt good - about 9:40 overall pace.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

LRB

Attention Dailies:

I have come to realize that while I prefer sitting in bar stool type chairs with the thought that it somehow helps my hamstrings by allowing me to extend them, my stupid hip always aches when I get up from half-ass sitting in one.

So I either need to sit properly in them or sit in a regularly chair.

This concludes this Public Service Announcement.

As you were. 

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Lily - I hope your sisters surgery goes well.

I got a call from HR, and I'm getting an interview for a job I applied for. Fingers crossed. It'd be the first time I've gotten a job outside of my team in 9 years.

- Andrew

LRB

Either someone with a fur coat sat at the table I am eating at or a life-sized cat was here. 

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Either someone with a fur coat sat at the table I am eating at or a life-sized cat was here. 

Tasty...

Interesting experiment this morning:

I had cut the heels off my first pair of Inspire 9's a while back.  For the hell of it mostly to see exactly how the waveplate was shaped and so on.

This mornings 3 mile easy I saw them and thought, "why the hell not".  Observations:

1. Cheap ass way to get a Newton type of feel.

2. You forefoot pretty much the only way.  Midfoot feel like you are about to fall off a cliff backwards.

3. You *know* if you drop your heel as the waveplate is hard and you hear.  *scritch*!

4. Promotes springing like a gazelle! and man does it work the calves.

I will probably throw them in the mix every few weeks.

outoftheblue

Good morning all.  7 or 8 easy miles for me today.  I'm been giving my legs  a rest by doing them on the TM and sparing them all the hills, but I'm getting really sick of it.  I can't wait until it is light earlier and at least i have the option of going to the HS tracking and running there before school starts.  I'll need to start up the hill work for SF soon, tho, so I'm slating to do my long run outside this weekend.

Hen looked good this morning.  I'm such a dork I actually put my ear over the eggs to listen for peeping.  Nothing.  I really hope the eggs she has been sitting on are fertile as I'm not sure Little Duke has been, uh, spreading the wealth to the entire flock.

Lily -- very much hoping the surgery goes well.  Sending your sister my thoughts and prayers.

Life is good.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Dailies...

lily: My best to your sister. I hope all is well. xoxo

Brrrr: Good luck on the job (I hope it doesn't interfere with your training Wink)

As for me, I was up bright (still dark, actually) and early at 4:45 to get in my seven miles. It is going to be over 90 today and that is too hot. I don't want to run at night because by the time I get home from DD's swim practice it is 8:00 and we still have to eat dinner. DW woke up when I was dressing and I told her I was going out. She said, "You're dumb" and rolled over. I think she meant it in a good way.

Have a nice day.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Yo.  I am back from court.

As you were....

Damaris

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Me and a few co-workers lost power at work at 10:20.  So I took an early lunch and went to the gym and did my weight training circuit already.  Nice to work at a university and have such close proximity to a gym - and a boss who will let you have an extended lunch hour if you are working out or running. So i will just stay a little later today at work to make up the time.  It was a good workout, although I have not done my weights in about 2 weeks so my fat-body muscles are screaming in shock at me right now, lol.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Yo.  I am back from court.

As you were....

Sorry...I come to attention any time you walk in the room...   

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt