Beginners and Beyond

Runnin' WednesDAILIES (Read 45 times)

DavePNW

If it's anything like seeing my ortho doc, it's 55 minutes in the waiting room, 5 minutes actually being seen by a doctor.   Roll eyes

Those figures are exactly correct! Although add the 15 min in the waiting room prior to my appointment time, as I arrived early as instructed to fill out paperwork (which took 30 seconds), and also the 20 min in the exam room after I got called in before the doc showed up.  So my original 1.5 hr prediction (joking I thought) was spot on. Anyway, ended up with a somewhat vague soft-tissue diagnosis, NSAID scrip (Lodine) & PT. No anti-running lecture.

I was happy that although I got out at 5:05, I called the PT clinic & they picked up, and I am able to get in for initial assessment on Saturday. I feel kind of silly taking the anti-inflammatories at this point, it only hurts when I run & I won't be doing that. Not sure if I should blow them off or follow instructions.  

Dave

Robert31320

Team TJ

4 miles done on YMCA treadmill.  At 3.2 miles it changed from 5.7 mph to ZERO mph without warning and then asked if I wanted to "resume workout".  UHHH, yes please I didn't ask to stop!  At 4 miles it did it again so I quit and went home.

Running for TJ because he can't.

LRB

At 4 miles it did it again so I quit and went home.

That was funny.

Dave, are you still running in the Adrenelines?  I think the pronation control is slightly exaggerated.

Zelanie

I broke the blue band at PT today, so I get to move up to the black one.

Basya- Good luck tomorrow!

DaveP- I haven't taken any meds at all for my knee.  I want to feel when it's hurting and when it's not hurting, I guess.

Robert- Yikes on the TM!  Glad you were able to handle the sudden stop without getting hurt.

LRB

I finally made the blue band my bitch at PT today, so I get to move up to the black one. 

FYP.

And congratulations!

Zelanie

FYP.

And congratulations!

Thanks! It felt good! Smile  Gotta get to the grey band that the 20-something guys use next.

LRB

Thanks! It felt good! Smile  Gotta get to the grey band that the 20-something guys use next.

Interesting, I didn't know there was a grey one.

I had a similar goal though in wanting to slide on the 10 foot board that the youngin's used, as opposed to the six foot one.  PT seems like another lifetime ago now and someday it will to you too.

Zelanie

PT seems like another lifetime ago now and someday it will to you too.

Thanks.  As long as I'm seeing progress, I'm good.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Interesting, I didn't know there was a grey one.

I had a similar goal though in wanting to slide on the 10 foot board that the youngin's used, as opposed to the six foot one.  PT seems like another lifetime ago now and someday it will to you too.

It goes higher than grey/ Silver then gold. Gold is like surgical tubing. It is really tough. Most clinics don't carry the silver and gold. They stop at the black.  Grey is usually called silver.

The whole hierarchy is tan yellow red green blue black. grey /silver gold. Now if you go to latex free brands you get different colors but the original colors were these.

Marjorie

LRB

The whole hierarchy is tan yellow red green blue black. grey /silver gold. Now if you go to latex free brands you get different colors but the original colors were these.

The first time I did fire hydrants with the yellow band (I think it was 7 total), my left ass cheek fell off lol!  To that point, it was the hardest thing I had ever done.  Three months later, I could crush a beer can in my ass.  ; )

MtnBikerChk

running is bad for you

I think we need a sticky for those on injured reserve.

you are on the road to recovery Dave!

Jess runs for bacon

Those figures are exactly correct! Although add the 15 min in the waiting room prior to my appointment time, as I arrived early as instructed to fill out paperwork (which took 30 seconds), and also the 20 min in the exam room after I got called in before the doc showed up.  So my original 1.5 hr prediction (joking I thought) was spot on. Anyway, ended up with a somewhat vague soft-tissue diagnosis, NSAID scrip (Lodine) & PT. No anti-running lecture.

I was happy that although I got out at 5:05, I called the PT clinic & they picked up, and I am able to get in for initial assessment on Saturday. I feel kind of silly taking the anti-inflammatories at this point, it only hurts when I run & I won't be doing that. Not sure if I should blow them off or follow instructions.  

You should take the anti inflammatories. My ortho said the same thing when I had my ITBS, she had me take them for a week and ice as well. Something about everything being slightly inflamed so the problem would persist? I think? I don't know but it helped.

DavePNW

Dave, are you still running in the Adrenelines?  I think the pronation control is slightly exaggerated.

Yes, although I am on my 3rd pair, so I don't think I can blame them for anything. Although I started rotating them with Ravennas, which is more new, but still ~150 miles ago. I may be a bit of a garbage-foot, I never notice any difference in shoes, I just buy what the LRS tells me to. 

DaveP- I haven't taken any meds at all for my knee.  I want to feel when it's hurting and when it's not hurting, I guess.

I agree, I would kind of like to avoid taking anything unless I really needed it just to get around (which I don't), or if it was going to actually help the healing process (which I don't think it does). 

I think we need a sticky for those on injured reserve.

you are on the road to recovery Dave!

Sure, you can call it the whiny wallowing in self-pity thread. Joking

And I sure hope so.

Dave

DavePNW

You should take the anti inflammatories. My ortho said the same thing when I had my ITBS, she had me take them for a week and ice as well. Something about everything being slightly inflamed so the problem would persist? I think? I don't know but it helped.

Or I could be wrong....maybe I'll see what the PT thinks.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Take the anti-inflammatories!

5 miles done.  They were not my best miles ever and this is the third meh workout.  During week 1 of marathon training.  I think my mojo is still gone.

Damaris