Beginners and Beyond

Runnin' WednesDAILIES (Read 45 times)

Will run for scenery.

I was gonna do weights at the gym and then do the Tuesday night pub run.  Stupid calendar !

2 peppy miles on the TM followed by my first weights in like a month.  I quit when I slashed my hands all up.

Next up : gonna test-drive an Old Rasputin porter.  And cook me up a steak.

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

LRB

Next up : gonna test-drive an Old Rasputin porter. 

Those are best for me at a little cooler than room temperature.

Hip Redux

XC race done.  That thing is a beast - by the end of the season I WILL run the whole thing with no walk breaks!  The lady who I helped last week was there - she broke her ankle.  Sad

Dave - congrats on the PT script!  Now, onto healing.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Good evening all.

I had my 3rd trail series race tonight.  I was second, and ran another course PR at 19:04 (3 mile race).  I lost by over a minute though...winner guy was a 2:39 marathoner and he really kicked my butt.  No excuses for not winning as he would have beaten me anyway, but I had a crazy stomach bug go through me a couple hours prior to racing (during my rapid posting blitz haha) that really left me a little wiped out.  With that being said, I'm happy I ran decently and didn't have to use the napkins I stashed in my shorts.

Overall it was 7+ miles with jogging around with friends before and after.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

HobbitLegs

elevenses

5 on the TM. On to beer and pizza.

B-Plus

I'm not normally one to post my reply before the quote, but somehow I deleted too much below and can't get back into it on my phone. To answer your question, I'm thinking about running 8 miles after work today. It's great beach weather, so I need to do as much sightseeing as possible.

I decided to have a frappucino instead. Today was supposed to be an SRD anyway ... the last one on the schedule.

Jay - The ugly-ass yellow Elixir 7s that you passed on arrived today. I swear I'm straight!

Congrats SIAR!

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

I decided to have a frappucino instead. Today was supposed to be an SRD anyway ... the last one on the schedule.

Jay - The ugly-ass yellow Elixir 7s that you passed on arrived today. I swear I'm straight!

Congrats SIAR!

Thanks yo!  I'm starting to look forward to racing a 5k...either this weekend or next I've decided.  Are those Elixirs the ones with the checkerboard pattern?  I'm not so against them.

Hobbit...Pizza and beer?  What is this, Friday?  Good 5.

B-Plus

Thanks yo!  I'm starting to look forward to racing a 5k...either this weekend or next I've decided.  Are those Elixirs the ones with the checkerboard pattern?  I'm not so against them.

Hobbit...Pizza and beer?  What is this, Friday?  Good 5.

Even uglier imo:

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Wow, those are disgusting.  I'm usually pretty open to bold, but those are even beyond my tastes.

B-Plus

I think they are one of the damn ugliest running shoes I've ever seen. The newer colour of the checkered Elixir 8 is much better than the orange and black:

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

I actually like the checker, but they'd be better without the red, IMO.  If the red were just white, or even blue, they'd be pretty tidy.

Dr. Cornsitter

Good evening all.

I had my 3rd trail series race tonight.  I was second, and ran another course PR at 19:04 (3 mile race).  I lost by over a minute though...winner guy was a 2:39 marathoner and he really kicked my butt.  No excuses for not winning as he would have beaten me anyway, but I had a crazy stomach bug go through me a couple hours prior to racing (during my rapid posting blitz haha) that really left me a little wiped out.  With that being said, I'm happy I ran decently and didn't have to use the napkins I stashed in my shorts.

Overall it was 7+ miles with jogging around with friends before and after.

Wow! Impressive! Sorry to hear about your....er.....tummy troubles. Great run!

Quote from BeachRunner3234 on 6/25/2013 at 8:20 PM:

So I'm currently sitting with a bag of frozen corn in my ass.

Dr. Cornsitter

Currently sipping on my summertime favorite Sam Summer. Just finished up a 4.5 miler. Had to go pick up my car from the mechanic. What better way to get there than running?

Also, ran with a male friend for the first time and got to see bloody nipples firsthand. My heart goes out to those who don't wear sports bras.

Quote from BeachRunner3234 on 6/25/2013 at 8:20 PM:

So I'm currently sitting with a bag of frozen corn in my ass.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Currently sipping on my summertime favorite Sam Summer. Just finished up a 4.5 miler. Had to go pick up my car from the mechanic. What better way to get there than running?

Also, ran with a male friend for the first time and got to see bloody nipples firsthand. My heart goes out to those who don't wear sports bras.

Thank you much.  I had my doubts, but was happy to survive.  As for the sports bras, I'm more jealous of the ability to stash things than I am about the nipple protection.  Granted, whatever you stow is contaminated with boob sweat, but I still think it'd be convenient.

Also, did I read in the "goals" thread that your injury actually came from basement dancing?  Do you happen to have a basement pole?  On a serious note, are those stripper-aerobic dance classes still en vogue?

Hi dailies:

DaveP - so we can't just blame Canada anymore?

D - ugh, allergy shot

Kristin - not run? bah humbug.

Baboon - happy BDay!

Beach - stupid work, interfering with running

Sarah - hope your day went well

Scotty - but it's the eyes that are the mirror of the soul... or something

lilac - good job on the fast laps

April - have a good MLR

Oski - XC again, cool.  Even better that you helped that lady now.

Scotty - aw, someone warn the little dog that Beck's is brewed in St. Louis now...

Brr - good luck at the 10K

Step - do it, sometimes the races we don't think we're prepared for go the best.

B+ - of course, just watch out for wolf whistles from the bushes, lol.

Hobbit - have fun at the Y

Tom - glad the dishwasher is doing its thing

SIAR - extra birthdays, eh?  If that garners extra cupcakes, it's worth a shot.  Congrats on the 2nd OA.

jjs -we'll try not to stare at your jugs

Ric-G - don't sweat the Friday, at least you have a day off

Rick - those miles add up quickly.

Zelanie - so how close are you to back to normal?

Marjorie - you must get new shoes every couple weeks

Basya - good luck tomorrow

Rondog - nice run in the heat

Robert - that treadmill must like joggers better than runners

Everyone - thank you so much for the support.  You guys are the best, really.

URD, work was completely draining today and will be just as bad tomorrow.  A few days of cutback seem like a good idea anyway before regrouping and going after my next goals.