Beginners and Beyond

Runnin' WednesDAILIES (Read 45 times)

DavePNW

Did you see the doc today?

In the waiting room right now, so will let you know in about an hour & a half...Roll eyes

Dave

Zelanie

In the waiting room right now, so will let you know in about an hour & a half...Roll eyes

Here is some waiting music for you.

Hip Redux

If it's anything like seeing my ortho doc, it's 55 minutes in the waiting room, 5 minutes actually being seen by a doctor.   Roll eyes

B-Plus

I'm not normally one to post my reply before the quote, but somehow I deleted too much below and can't get back into it on my phone. To answer your question, I'm thinking about running 8 miles after work today. It's great beach weather, so I need to do as much sightseeing as possible.

You runnin' today B+?  You crack me up sometimes about that

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Good luck!

Damaris

DavePNW

If it's anything like seeing my ortho doc, it's 55 minutes in the waiting room, 5 minutes actually being seen by a doctor.   Roll eyes

Except this is going to be 5 minutes of a guy either referring me to see someone else, or telling me to just quit this running nonsense & stop wasting the time of the medical profession.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Hopefully the former and not the latter.

Except this is going to be 5 minutes of a guy either referring me to see someone else, or telling me to just quit this running nonsense & stop wasting the time of the medical profession.

Damaris

Jess runs for bacon

I hunted around for an ortho that was actually a runner so I wouldn't have to deal with that shit. She is the best.

Ric-G

+1

I also speak with a couple of the athletic trainers at the school I'm at. They are used to dealing with athletes and athletic injuires. They will not tell me to stop running. They are really good at diagnosing stuff a lot better and faster than most docs who see the general (non-running) population. Good luck!

I hunted around for an ortho that was actually a runner so I wouldn't have to deal with that shit. She is the best.

marathon pr - 3:16

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

What do you do, just look up doctors' names and then pop over and enter them on athlinks?  I called around for a while trying to find a podiatrist that was a runner, but couldn't do any better than someone that ran just a couple days a week.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

LRB

I called the sports medicine division at one of our hospitals (The DMC) where they specialize in sports injuries.  Damn near everyone in the building was wearing a Garmin.

SIAR, I use the green Superfeet in my DST's, and good point about the time on my feet running slow versus racing.  I had not thought about that at all!

Good evening, people.

Rick, thank you for starting today's thread. Sweet six.

Sarah, I'm proud of how well you're taking care of yourself.

Damaris, have a great five-miler. I hope that your allergy shot isn't troublesome.

kristin10185, enjoy your SRD and yoga. Good luck tomorrow!

Phil, Happy Birthday!

Jay, damn. You're handling things more classily than I probably would. May you have the strength to go through this.

scottydawg, yay for sleeping in! Fantastic four-miler yesterday. Good luck with your race(s)!

Brr, excellent easy four.

Shari, a speedy and complete recovery to you.

Phil, smoking 14.25. And happy birthday!

Nicole, have fun serving four to five on the TM.

AprilRunner, that's what I call a wonderful surpriseSmile

Tom, enjoy doing whatever you do.

Marjorie, fantastic 14.1.

jjs22, have fun with weights and running.

Ric-G, enjoy whatever you do.

lilac_jive, brava on running faster than what you expected.

Zelanie, beautiful five-miler. I hope that you and DH have a great time at the race.

SIAR, sweet 6.5. I'm glad that you avoided the rain.

DaveP MI, good luck at the doctor's.

Yesterday, I did weights, push-ups, ab work, and forty-five minutes on the ArcTrainer.

Today is almost a URD. Almost. I went to the gym, intending to do the second quality workout of the week. Then, someone wished me good luck on my race tomorrow. (I'm doing the Firecracker 4-Miler in Swampscott, MA.) Oops. I guess I'll be moving that to Friday morning.

I couldn't be completely inactive, so, I did a slow hour, walking at 2.0mph.

I'm heading to my parents'. They live near the raceSmile I an extend the race by either doing a warmup run to the race or a cooldown on the way back to my parents' for a shower.

Rondog65

Hot and humid for my mid afternoon run today.  Got in my 4.6 miles run.

Ron's PRs 5K 24:14 (12/07/2013); Half Marathon 1:53:33 (5/26/2013)

YAYpril - B-Plus

8.1 run and done. Wanted 10 but it felt like I was simultaneously running underwater and on the surface of the sun. Blurgh. I'm getting a beer.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

My husband just asked whether a dinosaur mosquito bit me because the allergy shot is 4 inches wide in circumference.  LOL.  So, I guess I had a reaction.  We'll see how the run goes.

Interesting discussion about shoes.

Damaris