Beginners and Beyond

Sunday Penguins know that every run starts with a single step! (Read 205 times)

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! 

What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges."  

It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!) 

I'm so vegetarian I don't even eat animal crackers!

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

So for me this marks 2 weeks done in my 5K to couch program. I got in two solid nights of 8 hours of sleep this weekend! I guess the plan is going well.....

Last night was "Luminaire Night" in my town. New Bethany ministries raises money for the poor and homeless in the area by selling "Luminaires".

These are white bags that you put a little sand in the bottom and a candle, then you line them up on your curb. A lot of people participate and it is quite a sight to see driving along roads that are outlined in candles!

Dtothe2nd - nice 26.25 mile LR!

Jack - I kept clicking on the pic and I thought I was going to hear you sing!

I'm so vegetarian I don't even eat animal crackers!

Tweaky63

I AM running!!!

Good morning Penguin Pals!

Glad you got your rest this weekend Gustav! And, what a wonderful way to give back. I love the holiday season and all of the lights and decorations, so I'm sure the added luminairies were just beautiful!

I catch up on the post a day late, and boy o boy, Dtothe2nd you are smokin' fast, great job! Good luck to all the racers this weekend!

Yesterday I planned 6.5 miles but felt pretty good so I pushed a little further and made it to 6.75 Cool. Today I'm going to shoot for 4 miles instead of my planned 3. That will put me just over 25 miles for the week, woot-woot!

Have a wonderful Sunday everyone!

Brenda

The mircle isn't that I finished. The mircle is that I had the courage to start.

~ John Bingham

Robert31320

Team TJ

Good morning Gustavo.

i have completed my 4.3 miles for the day.

I'm ready for some football...

Final song of my run this morning, enjoy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07pLGIgyfjw&list=FLuEBDf691GFaksvvKCdPuTw&index=18

Running for TJ because he can't.

Tweaky63

I AM running!!!

Good morning Gustavo.

i have completed my 4.3 miles for the day.

I'm ready for some football...

Good job on the early morning run Robert! You sound like my DH, he's always, ready for some football Joking. Hope your team wins!

The mircle isn't that I finished. The mircle is that I had the courage to start.

~ John Bingham

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Good luck to the Sunday Penguin Racers....Big grin 

No racing for us.  Just want to get to 30 miles for the week.

Hey Doc

Feets don't fail me now

Morning Pengs!

Yesterdays LR was a bust 2.5 miles and I was really really nauseous so I decided to wrap up the week and just let it die and be forgotten. Wink  I'm feeling fine today but it's raining so I'm about to hop on my TM and see how far I get.

Hope everyone has a great one!!

KaraInSavannah

Runs the streets

GOod morning! Gustav, I bet that is beautiful to see all lit up! Can't believe Dave just out and ran a marathon.

My sister-in-law and brother-in-law are in town visiting. So, I ran Fri a.m., but not Saturday. LR later today. We still have some time with them and I have a school project with my big, and studying with her. At leasst hub completed his work assignment he had to bring home.

hog4life

Liz, there seems to be a lot of that going around, hope you feel better.

Brenda, you are doing great, 25 mpw is a good base, congrats.

Kara, good luck on the run later.

Robert, Gustav, Jerry, good morning.

Today is a RD for me as I will be starting my 10 week plan tomorrow for my next half. I have some chores around the house that need done, so we'll see how that goes, but first I am about to head out the door for church.

Mitch

TurtleDove10

Smile Hi Penguins! I used to post regularly in RWOL, but then injury, life being hectic and forum issues prevented me from keeping that up for about six months now. I see a lot of new names/faces, so I thought I'd re-introduce myself.

I'm TurtleDove10. I have been running, quite slowly, since 2010. I love running. A serious bout of Plantar Fasciitis from overtraining (take your rest and recovery activities seriously) sidelined me for a bit this last summer, but I rehabbed and am back running now. During the injury time off of running, I picked up cycling and now do both along with swimming. I will be attempting tri's soon, but running is my first love and where I feel the most at peace.

Yesterday I ran for an hour, managed 6.33 miles, which was actually quite good for me.

I hope to get to know you all a bit better.

Dad on the run.

Hey everyone, DDs bday party is today so about to get ready and go pick up the birthday cake. After the party, going to get out and run my 4.2 so I dab hit my 22 for the week. That will be a new PR for me. 

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Mmmmm...beer

Hey everyone!!

Not feeling too bad after yesterday's insanity (I mean, who does that, really? I'm bored, think I'll go run a marathon lol).  Bonus, even after thorough refueling and hydrating, I'm down 2.5lbs today. Smile 

Easy recovery run on tap for later. 

Awood, I've been given an ultimatum, decorations go up today or I'm sleeping outside LOL

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Bin Running

Gustav, those candles must be a sight. Turtledove, welcome. Jimmy, happy birthday to your princess. Ran 5miles today. Legs felt a little heavy and a little bit breathless. Not sure if it is the break or the blood donation contributing. Check my watch and I am running 9mm for 1st mile. Too fast. Slowed to 10mm and felt pretty good after that. Good luck to all those racing.

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Only a few more finishing touches left, but this is what I have so far.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

Bin Running

Awood, beautiful!

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar