Beginners and Beyond

Sunday Penguins know that every run starts with a single step! (Read 205 times)

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Sitting in front of the Netflix fireplace, reading our e books.  How romantic !!!!

Dad on the run.

Just got back from my run, was going to do McMillan steady state pace and run 40min at 10:00-10:27m/m. I stuck with this the first 3 miles, last mile I couldn't help myself and decided to push myself again to try and hit that sub 9 .... still not happening.

mile 1 - 10:26

mile 2 - 10:19

mile 3 - 10:18

mile 4 - 9:10 ---- so close! 

Hit my goal for 22 mpw that is a PR.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Mmmmm...beer

Scotty- D2 didn't just sign up for a marathon and finish it with all the crowd support, etc, he ran 26.2 in BQ+15 time as a training run.  Alien, I tell you.  No other explanation.

Can I be the really buff alien from Prometheus? Smile

6.3 recovery miles done, feeling great!  Plus, my Giants put the smack down on the Saints, and the Christmas decorations are done.  Talk about a great day!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

JBJ: Your first three miles are impressive because your splits are so close. You are probably very comfortable at that pace. Keep it up and your times will get faster.

D2: It must be nice calling a six mile run a "recovery" run. I did seven yesterday and it was my long run of the week! Just get it over with and sign up for a marathon!

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

I got carried away with my Christmas tree...LOL

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

Dad on the run.

JBJ: Your first three miles are impressive because your splits are so close. You are probably very comfortable at that pace. Keep it up and your times will get faster.

D2: It must be nice calling a six mile run a "recovery" run. I did seven yesterday and it was my long run of the week! Just get it over with and sign up for a marathon!

Yea, I feel like I could hold that pace forever... Well at least, until my legs get tired. They usually are done running well before I get winded. 

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Sloooow.

Checking in!

Very nice lights, Awood! We have lots of lights... in a box. Lazy bones other half.

Good job on your run jblack! So close to a sub-9.

Jerry, your NetFlix fireplace with e-books cracked me up. The times they are a changing.

Dave... speechless, lol.