Beginners and Beyond

ThursDAILIES have the attention span of a... (Read 38 times)

happylily

Yes, Williamsburg.  I heard that orthodox Jews there don't give a hoot about the marathon, and it's true - Not a holiday for them.  Plus hordes of scantily clad women could not be good for the soul.

Ha, yes... I did notice how people there were just going about their business without so much as a quick glance in our direction. I thought it was part of the charm of the course. :-) I lived for 4 years surrounded by Hassidic Jews in an area in Montreal. The highlight of my time there was when one day an elderly Hassidic man held the door for me, going in a bank. I have fond memories of that day.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

LRB

Can't help ya there. 

IT'S BECAUSE I STINK!

Not literally, just at marathoning.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Holy shit, I actually have my stuff packed and ready to go to leave tomorrow.  This is an extremely rare occurrence for me, I'm usually throwing crap in a bag five minutes before I leave on a trip (which is why I usually forget something, you'd think that for someone who travels a lot for work, I'd be better at this. lol).  Since this is my first travel race, I actually made a list and wanted to make sure I was packed today so I don't forget anything.

SRD, just sitting around eating all the food. Smile  Shakeout run in the morning and then we'll hit the road.

Good luck!

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Depends - Were you hypnotized?

How would I know?

Ended up with Pilates and 8.10 miles.  I could have continued on but I started getting some phlegm so it was best to just do 8 strong miles and leave the miles for another day.  Not at my usual, but best run this week. 

Damaris

LRB

How would I know?

I see what you did there.  Smile

LRB

Holy shit, I actually have my stuff packed and ready to go to leave tomorrow.  This is an extremely rare occurrence for me, I'm usually throwing crap in a bag five minutes before I leave on a trip (which is why I usually forget something, you'd think that for someone who travels a lot for work, I'd be better at this. lol).  Since this is my first travel race, I actually made a list and wanted to make sure I was packed today so I don't forget anything.

SRD, just sitting around eating all the food. Smile  Shakeout run in the morning and then we'll hit the road.

Excellent!

Mmmmm...beer

Good luck!

Thanks!

Bib # 120 if anyone wants to track me.  I don't have the link for tracking, but it's on the Richmond Marathon website.

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Thanks!

Bib # 120 if anyone wants to track me.  I don't have the link for tracking, but it's on the Richmond Marathon website.

Is it Saturday or Sunday?

Damaris

LRB

Saturday.

Mmmmm...beer

Saturday, 7:50am.

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Saturday.

Cool.  I can stalk then!

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Forgot to say, I got two HR spikes during the run.  I assume that albuterol will take a bit of days to get out of my system and I hope after that, the spikes will stop.  Not good to be running and BAM suddenly your heart thinks you are sprinting.

Damaris

LRB

Not quite what I saw in my dream but it served the purpose:

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Yum.

Damaris

B-Plus

Yep, I would agree with that.  I looked at the NYCM results, very few people beyond the elites have achieved a negative split.  Depends on the course as well - NYC or Boston are tough to negative split because of hills.

+1, but I've only run 5 marathons. They ranged from -3 to about +2. The -3 was by far my fastest, but I left time out there.