Deja Moo DAILIES (Read 39 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

That would be nice!

Apparently, they do hystos too. 

Damaris

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

6.3 early this am to get me over 200. Finally getting closer to my normal. Won't shoot for 300+ for awhile yet but hope to get back there.

Marjorie

meaghansketch

I always look at dewpoint, FWIW...

I use the temp+dewpoint formula to determine if it's going to be just a bad day or a miserable one.  At a certain point (especially when racing) you need to make a decision whether to go all out or whether to play it safe.  A dewpoint over 80 (or especially a temp+dewpoint that adds up to 170 or more) is a serious sign to play it safe.

There is an important club points race in my area at the beginning of August.  For the past 2 years my team has had a runner go down on the course.  In each case they ended up being fine after medical attention, but it's still scary.  Everyone's trying to do their best to earn points for the team, but that doesn't always work well with August temperatures and humidity, even though they're not nearly as bad as they are in the South.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I always look at dewpoint, FWIW...

I use the temp+dewpoint formula to determine if it's going to be just a bad day or a miserable one.  At a certain point (especially when racing) you need to make a decision whether to go all out or whether to play it safe.  A dewpoint over 80 (or especially a temp+dewpoint that adds up to 170 or more) is a serious sign to play it safe.

There is an important club points race in my area at the beginning of August.  For the past 2 years my team has had a runner go down on the course.  In each case they ended up being fine after medical attention, but it's still scary.  Everyone's trying to do their best to earn points for the team, but that doesn't always work well with August temperatures and humidity, even though they're not nearly as bad as they are in the South.

Yeap.  Temp + Dewpoint is very telling.  For running not as much, but for tempos or races, yes.  Most of my runs are above 165 for months, so I know (and my coach yells at me) to adjust the pace for it.  Baboon knows what I mean.

Damaris

LRB

Hot is hot, to what degree it is hot is immaterial but that's just me.  I absolutely loathe heat with every fiber of my being and it has nothing to do with running, I always have.

Things that always surprise me:

People run where there is shade?

People have single digit humidity?

People have cool mornings?

There was once a November here, when I was in high school, that tallied something like 4 minutes of sunshine for the entire month.

(To be fair, our summers often beat sunny places like Orlando for total sunshine.)

Humidity is currently 3 digits.

I've had a cool morning last from September until May. 

Apparently, they do hystos too. 

Robohysto Tongue

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Where the hell do you live again?

There was once a November here, when I was in high school, that tallied something like 4 minutes of sunshine for the entire month.

(To be fair, our summers often beat sunny places like Orlando for total sunshine.)

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Where the hell do you live again?

Buffalo, or more specifically, way up on a rural hill about 25 minutes south of the city in ski country.  Accepting timeshare applications for all months that aren't June, July, or August! Wink

Mmmmm...beer

Wow, ya'll are a chatty bunch today. Smile

8.2 miles done this evening in a nice warm rain, love it!!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

BTW, the Sunshine State is a fallacy  It rains more days in Miami than in Seattle, according to Wikipedia.

Damaris

LRB

BTW, the Sunshine State is a fallacy  It rains more days in Miami than in Seattle, according to Wikipedia.

I don't think anyone will dispute that.  lol

I am finally home, what a long ass day!  I have been moonlighting after work in another city and check out what I saw while driving out there...

LRB

Juan Valdez lol

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I believe one of my cousins moved up there to live his bitch of a wife..... none of us like her at all.

Buffalo, or more specifically, way up on a rural hill about 25 minutes south of the city in ski country.  Accepting timeshare applications for all months that aren't June, July, or August! Wink

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

B-Plus

BP, are you a real runner again?  Your log is starting to shape up!

As for me, I am at the Hibachi Buffet (all you can eat Asian) for the first time since January.  I am just sick of being hungry all the time despite eating all the time so Imma bout to f*** sh*t up!

How bad you ask?  Well just put it this way, I will not be leaving on my own accord today, they're gonna have to toss me up outta here!

Heh, I just saw this after posting in the April mileage thread. Hell MF yes, I'm a runner!! Wait, what's a real runner? Was I a jogger before? I think this place needs a runner vs. jogger thread  I may even be able to drop the extra + soon.

You bring a wheelbarrow to the buffet?