Beginners and Beyond

Friday Penguins Setting Guinness World Record! (Read 45 times)

Dad on the run.

Hey all. Headed to homestead hollow with the family then it's 4 miles scheduled for later and ending the day heading over to Bobby and Melanie 's. Going to have chili, key lime cupcakes and then making a fire and having smores and beer Wink fun night!

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Pens.

just a quick check in from my phone.

Gus: congrats on the record. We need a picture!

Scotty: what a great guy you are. Smile

Bin: welcome home to mummy and baby and fingers crossed for good news for you.

Coralie: I'm glad surgery went well. Back to running in no time!

Srd for me.

Have a great weekend, everyone, and good luck to the racers. Jerry, don't drink all the beer!

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

When I was in South Dakota a few weeks ago, I participated in the world's largest game of red light, green light.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

From the Internet.

Hi pens. Ended up staying at my parents' house until the very end for the best first dog ever Sad She was in really rough shape all day yesterday so that made it a little easier to let her go. Glad I could be there.. we petted her and scratched her ears while she went, it was very peaceful. AAAND now I'm crying again, ha.. My mom is going to comb through all the dog stuff this weekend and throw out the really smelly beds, donate the new toys and unopened food, but she mentioned keeping a few things around in case they decide to foster so I think they'll probably adopt another dog eventually. They still have 4 cats and my sister's guinea pig, so plenty of animals to keep them company in the meantime.

Weights in a little bit and trying out my new shoes (Asics DS Trainer) on the treadmill. Still feeling pretty drained, can't wait to go home and relax.

obiebyke

Another RD for me today.

Meanwhile I'm eyeing registration for a Thanksgiving 5K and a New Year's Day 5K or 10K (if I did the 10K, it would be my first!).

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

SheCan

G'mornin Penguins!

ZombieGustav-- How cool is that!  Congrats on your world record!  Great job on the hill sprints also.

Bin-- Glad your DW and beautiful DD were able to come home.  You know we'll be expecting lots of pictures.  I so hope that doctor is able to get to the bottom of why you're coughing so much.

kristin- hope your jog to yoga and back is good for you.  Good luck on your race tomorrow, and hope you feel well for it.

Hi Margo, Dave!

Scotty-- wow, you continue to inspire so many people.  Giving that young lady one of your tees was extra nice also.  Enjoy your race tomorrow, and eat an extra one of those breakfast tacos for me.

Mitch-- good luck on your race tomorrow, and you and Traci have a great FE!  Wish we could ALL be there...hehe, that would be kind of fun!

redrum-- hope that knee is doing alright with getting in the miles.

Jerry-- Green Bay trail on the northshore-- even the name sounds gorgeous!  Hope you have a wonderful run!

HsM-- What a special treat for yourself tonight!  Enjoy!  Have a lovely weekend!

jimmy-- have fun at Homestead Hollow, and the evening at Bobby and Melanie's sounds wonderful.  This is such a great time of year for a bonfire.

Jack-- I know this won't be easy for you, but, ENJOY YOUR REST!

Awood-- LOL@ the largest red/light green light game.  it's funny when I read what Gustav wrote the first time, I thought of you.  I was like, that sounds like it should be Awood.  You seem to be at the center of a lot of fun things going on.

Lauren-- Yesterday does sound emotionally draining.  I'm glad you all tried to make it as good as possible for her, and that everyone got to say good bye.  Hope your day is an easy one.

obiebyke-- enjoy your rest day!  Love your profile pic, how adorable!

I've been wondering, has anybody seen T-rod around?  It rather seems like he fell off earth or something.  Hope he's doing alright.  

Anyway, I haven't ran yet.  Thankfully it's really super nice and cool here (yay, let it stay!)  so I'll probably get a really short recovery run in.  Good luck everyone racing.  As for me this weekend, I'm driving to Texas (Dallas area not San Antonio) on Sunday to see my eldest who moved there a few months ago.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

Zelanie

Morning!  I am using my day off to head out for 13.1 in a little bit!

I didn't go to running club last night because there was an event at my school, but I guess they got stopped by the cops!  They were running a route that went north, instead of our usual south or west, so in honor of that, somebody offered to buy beer for anybody who ran dressed up like an Eskimo, Canadian, Viking, or Santa.  One guy dressed up a la Strange Brew, and the group was just running through the parking lot of the HP campus when the police spotted them and I guess thought they looked suspicious.

Had I been there, I probably would have been far enough behind to have missed most of the fun, but it does sound like an adventure!

Gustav- You gotta post pics of something like that!  Nice job on those hill sprints!

Bin- Glad the family is all home now. Smile  Also sounds like good news that it's not asthma!

kristin- That sounds like a great plan to loosen up the legs.  I hope you have a blast tomorrow!

Margo- Good luck on the tempo run!

D2- Always nice to follow a URD with a great run!

Scotty- Great story!  You have touched so many people!  Glad you had an extra shirt around.

Mitch- Hope you have a great FE and an even better race!

Redrum- Glad the "sailor's knee" is healing up!

Jerry- Sounds gorgeous!

HsM- Sounds like a couple days filled with the chance to do what you love, nice!

Jimmy- Have fun!

Jack- Enjoy the RD!

Awood- We have multiple record setters in our igloo!

Lauren- I am so sorry for your loss.  Even when it's the right thing to do, it's never easy.  I am glad you were able to be there with her, though.

obie- I peeked at your log, and I think you could definitely be ready for the 10K if that's what you want to do! Smile

Zelanie

Cherie- I see T-rod on Facebook.  I think he's really enjoying the fall school sports season, so maybe he'll be around more in November?  Hope you have a good visit with your eldest!

SheCan

Morning!  I am using my day off to head out for 13.1 in a little bit!

I didn't go to running club last night because there was an event at my school, but I guess they got stopped by the cops!  They were running a route that went north, instead of our usual south or west, so in honor of that, somebody offered to buy beer for anybody who ran dressed up like an Eskimo, Canadian, Viking, or Santa.  One guy dressed up a la Strange Brew, and the group was just running through the parking lot of the HP campus when the police spotted them and I guess thought they looked suspicious.

LMFAO!!!!  Looked suspicious huh?  That is so funny!  If someone got a pic of that, you need to share it with us.  Please please please!

Good luck and have fun with the 13 miles!  Glad to know t-rod is still around.  When folks disappear, i'm always worried they've given up on staying active.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

Singer who runs a smidge

Whereas some of us give up on staying active and just stay around to chat!!  Big grin

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

SheCan

Ha!  HopesMom!   Well, we haven't given't up on you.  Plus you do stay active, and we'd be mad and come find you if you disappeared!  Joking

Cherie

Good Morning!

I made it it to Nashville and got in 2.5 miles this morning. The first mile in 11:30 and second in 11:51 so I guess I went out a bit fast. The last half mile was a slow cool down/finding my way back.

Scotty- yep, there were hills!! I was mostly concentrating on not getting lost in the neighborhood (my bf moved here recently and it's my first visit.)

hopesmom- I sing with a Chorus too (in DC)

awood- where in South Dakota? My family is from there!

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

She Can: Actually, it will be VERY easy for me! Wink

My turn for a funny story...

I grew another "Hulk Hogan" mustache.  Yesterday, a student who I see every day but is not in my class says, " I like your mustache, it makes you look like Hulk Hogan."  I sarcastically reply, "Are you kidding? I look nothing like Hulk Hogan! I have way bigger muscles!" She comes back with "No you don't! You're about as big as one of his legs!"

Out of the mouths of babes...

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Hi!  SRD and travel day.

Tomas has been around in FB.  I'll try to entice him to come down here.  He's been busy with his job and his other job (I think he has two positions at the school).

Sorry for the post and run.  I'm trying to pack!  At least I packed my marathon outfit and shoes.  Oh, and I found the missing sock per my previous FB post.

Damaris

tracilynn

Mitch, how hilly is this 15k? I imagine its a little hilly. I did the 5k up there lots of rolling type hills, small hills but frequent.  I'm worried about parking up there, supposedly something is going on at the lodge tomorrow too.

Zombies! That's cool!

red light green light sounds fun too, played that a lot growing up. I was the red light green light champion in my neighborhood. I have eyes in the back of my head.

lauren, sorry again about your doggy

tomas doesn't post any runs on FB like he used to. I wonder if he is still running.

bin, congrats on bringing Emily home. Hope you don't have asthma

coralie, get better soon. Did you ever kill that big AZZ cottonmouth at your house??

hello to everyone else Kristin, Scotty, jimmy, zel, hopes, Cherie, Jerry, Obie, Margo, red, D2 and hulk.

I better go I have a million errands to run today

~~~~~~~

Traci