Beginners and Beyond

Hungover Sundailies (Read 60 times)

Zelanie

Drat - for some reason I thought she needed a sub 4:00 and they were shooting for 3:55. So close!

I think she was originally training for 4:00, but then realized somewhere along the line that 3:55 and a BQ was looking possible.  According to Jack, it was on a fairly low mileage training plan, too, so IF she wants to BQ, that's totally hers for the taking next time out.

Damaris- I don't think they give you that minute anymore.

LRB- Chocolate covered bananas are your answer!  You could always add a bit of whipped cream if you want the creaminess.

LRB

I thought the BQs apply from X;XX:01 to X:XX:59.

That was once the case I beleive but I thought they changed that recently. 

happylily

Looks like his wife missed her BQ by about 32 seconds. That is sad. But still a most awesome time for a first marathon. Lots of potential there, I'm sure Jack is proud of her.

How do you guys remember the names of all those Chinese dishes? It's all Chinese to me. And all of it is highly yummy.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

It's too bad they missed it by so little. It was her debut, and I think that's a great time for a first marathon. If she was to train for another I think we all know that she'd BQ. Congrats to him and his wife though. Sub 4 is pretty great.

- Andrew

No more marathons

Quote from Docket_Rocket on 5/25/2014 at 2:26 PM:

I thought the BQs apply from X;XX:01 to X:XX:59.

That was once the case I beleive but I thought they changed that recently. 

Yes, they changed it two years ago when they tightened up the standards by 5 minutes.  They also dropped the 59 seconds so essentially most qualifying times got tighter by 6 minutes.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

Baboon

delicate flower

Hola!  Today was tough. It got warm and it beat me down.  Final 10K was 57 minutes.  I'm good with my time.  A 7 minute PR and 3:38:42 finish.  A runner could do worse.  I earned it today.  What a beautiful course and unreal crowd support.  About to go eat a horse.

<3

StepbyStep-SH

Lots of great races! Congrats to Jay, Phil, Mr & Mrs Jack!

6.67 miles for me in 80* sunshine. Ick. Now I should be cleaning house, but I have no motivation. Soon.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

No more marathons

Hola!  Today was tough. It got warm and it beat me down.  Final 10K was 57 minutes.  I'm good with my time.  A 7 minute PR and 3:38:42 finish.  A runner could do worse.  I earned it today.  What a beautiful course and unreal crowd support.  About to go eat a horse.

Great run Babs.  Many more years of improvement are sure to be ahead of you.

I understand the flanks are the best.  Little chewy but the most flavor. 

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

Ric-G

ok, the chinese food stuff is getting me hungry

phil - congrats, temps can ruin a marathon, but great job on the pr!...enjoy the horse

klompus crew - nice job...a great debut for mrs k in my book

jay - congrats, just fantastic!

6 miles this AM...one of our dogs got partially sprayed by a skunk (wtf)...now it's off to cleaning detail...we will throw the other dog in too as they both stink...,anyway, have a great rest of your day!

marathon pr - 3:16

Hip Redux

6 miles this AM...one of our dogs got partially sprayed by a skunk (wtf)...now it's off to cleaning detail...we will throw the other dog in too as they both stink...,anyway, have a great rest of your day!

Been there, done that.  WORST THING EVER.  For years after, when the dog got wet, she would stink like skunk!

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Afternoon, Dailies, and Happy Sunday!

Looks like lots of great times being reported here. Nice job, Phil, Jack, everyone else.

Ran the Chattanooga Chase 8K this morning. The hill on Minnekahda Place was treacherous as always, but I ran it all the way up and all the way down. Despite my knee issues, I was only about 1 minutes slower than what I ran 2 years ago. 46:55 net time, I'm OK with that.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

Hip Redux

Well I believe a sub-4:00 was the primary goal and the BQ was the secondary goal if everything went right so you were on it.

No, it was mostly because I thought she was in the 50s age group.     SORRY Mrs. Klompus!

Gym was ok.  It was me and two other schmucks inside on this gorgeous day.   15 minutes on the arm bike, some upper body machines, PT and then a slow crutch walk back to the car.

happylily

Phil, I was afraid that the heat would make it difficult for you. The weather was pretty much what Beth and I got two weeks ago. Started at about 58F and reached 75F. It's hard to adjust a pace for that big of a spread. Also, our instincts tell us to go faster at the start of the race, while it is still cooler. But I think that in the end, we are only hurting ourselves with that strategy. I know that that's what I did wrong myself. But we learn.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

LRB

You mean eat like a horse.  

Congrats again on the PR, I cannot wait to read all about it.

Until then, Imma 'bout to walk up to Mickey D's with a banana in my pocket and have a hot fudge sundae.  

B-Plus

Congrats again Phil! While I've never eaten an entire horse, I have tried horse.