Beginners and Beyond

Hungover Sundailies (Read 60 times)

LRB

Heh heh...now I need to get working on that 1:29:59 HM...

You could train for that specifically or train for the 5 and 10k equivalent first then train for that.  Those times are 21:36 and 40:40 respectfully.

Either of the three ways will work it's just about finding what works best for you.

LRB

Yes, they changed it two years ago when they tightened up the standards by 5 minutes.  They also dropped the 59 seconds so essentially most qualifying times got tighter by 6 minutes.

Thanks for the clarification.

happylily

Then if Damaris says it, it must be true! Phil got a sub-3:20, I got a sub-3:25 (including two potty-breaks!) and Beth BQd!!! Way to go Beth!  I'm liking that calculator. 

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Just B.S.

Then if Damaris says it, it must be true! Phil got a sub-3:20, I got a sub-3:25 (including two potty-breaks!) and Beth BQd!!! Way to go Beth!  I'm liking that calculator. 

Hubby would have BQd sub 10. Double hubby/wife BQ that would have been a great day. Smile

happylily

I'm getting better...I mean after today I will.  

Why change now? You're perfect the way you are.  And it sure doesn't seem to affect your running!

happylily

Hubby would have BQd sub 10. Double hubby/wife BQ that would have been a great day. Smile

Soon, Beth, soon. Fall marathons seem to be so much easier, weather wise. Which race are you doing in Austria?

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

That is not what I mean. 

Damaris

happylily

That is not what I mean.

I was teasing you.  I know for sure that warm weather robs us of speed and even endurance. And some people are more susceptible to it than others.

LRB

Why change now? You're perfect the way you are.  And it sure doesn't seem to affect your running!

I actually only abstain when I am dropping weight or the day before a 5 or 10k.  In the case of a half marathon or marathon my last drink is Tuesday the week of the event...then I proceed to drink a weeks worth immediately after crossing the finish line.  lol

Baboon

delicate flower

Hi Dailies.

Thanks for the kind words and support. I have napped and am now recovering like LRB would recover. Smile  Here is DW recovering. She earned that!

No doubt your wife earned that. She should be proud.  Funny, my wife is doing that exact same thing right now!  She death marched her way to matching her HM PR today.  She's now run three HM's in the last nine months.  Her first three!  Proud of her.  Smile  HOORAY running wives!

<3

happylily

I actually only abstain when I am dropping weight or the day before a 5 or 10k.  In the case of a half marathon or marathon my last drink is Tuesday the week of the event...then I proceed to drink a weeks worth immediately after crossing the finish line.  lol

That's very good thinking. I don't drink everyday, but I may have a glass or two the Friday night before a Sunday race, and really, I don't drink enough water to justify drinking even just two glasses of wine. I should not drink alcohol at all the week before a race.

happylily

Hi Dailies.

Thanks for the kind words and support. I have napped and am now recovering like LRB would recover. Smile  Here is DW recovering. She earned that!

You mean you didn't take her dancing to celebrate her excellent work? What kind of a husband are you? 

LRB

Here is DW recovering.

Awesome!  All the weeks and months of training and it's finally over!

LRB

That's very good thinking. I don't drink everyday, but I may have a glass or two the Friday night before a Sunday race, and really, I don't drink enough water to justify drinking even just two glasses of wine. I should not drink alcohol at all the week before a race.

Actually 48 hours out is fine, I think anyway.  My pours tend to be a bit heavy so I need to ease up a bit earlier in the week than you.  Wink

Just B.S.

Soon, Beth, soon. Fall marathons seem to be so much easier, weather wise. Which race are you doing in Austria?

Wachau Marathon in Krems Austria, 50 miles from Vienna.

Point to point 100% overlooking the Danube.10,000 for all distances.

My 10 th , his 19 th I think and first full we will actually run together. He is going to jog my pace so we can enjoy it

together.....awwwwwwwww

Not a bad way for a couple of Grand Masters to spend a 30 th wedding anniversary.