Beginners and Beyond

Penguins Dark Lord SaturDAILY (Read 28 times)

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Happy Dark Lord Day * !!!

Good Luck Saturday racers, Scott, Docket and anyone else?

May have to postpone my run today due to random back spasms.  At least the knee feels good after yesterday's run.

*Dark Lord Day is the only day of the year to buy Three Floyds Dark Lord Russian Imperial Stout. It is a festival where participants can meet other beer enthusiasts, sample beers from all over the world, buy Dark Lord Russian Imperial Stout, enjoy good food, listen to live music and generally have a great time.

Zelanie

Morning, Jerry!  If it's not one thing, it's another, isn't it?  I'm headed off to a Costa Rica overnight, back late tomorrow!

PADRunner

Morning, 4 done this morning.

From the Internet.

Morning pens! 9.5 in the rain, coffee and breakfast with DD and a few running friends, warmed back up with a hot shower and am about to top it all off with a nap. Wine and snacks with my lab later. Pretty good Saturday over here! Smile

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Hola!  First race of the day done.  Instead of going to Sea World, I ended up going to New Braunfels, Texas and doing the Crawdaddy 5K, which was part of their local Crawdaddy Festival.  Never done this course before so it was something new for me.  And the RD gave me free entry for doing the photo report, so that was nice.   Ended up with a finish time of 34:48.  My wonky right leg knee was a bit sore at the start but then 'mellowed out' and I was fine for the rest of the route.

Now I'm just at home chillin' out. I have the Fiesta Fandango Fun Run 2.6 miler tonite at 6:20 p.m.  The predicted temp for our start time is 91 degrees!  However, dark clouds are moving in, so maybe we will get some refreshing light rain and wind.

Reports on both races to follow, probably will get them posted tomorrow.   Hope everyone is having a grand weekend!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

GinnyinPA

Jerry - sounds like a fun beer festival.  I've never heard of Dark Lord Stout, but if I ever see it, I may try it.

Z - I assume you mean you're spending the night with other people heading to CR, not that you're going to Costa Rica tonight?  Good to meet the other participants ahead of time.

PAD - hope it was a nice run.

Lauren - that doesn't sound like fun.  Were you with the group when you ran in the rain?  That would make it more enjoyable, I suppose.  Enjoy your party later.

Scotty - hot day for a double race, but they do sound like fun.  Hope you get some cold beer this evening.

AFM:  probably a rest day.  I just finished mowing the lawn for the first time this season, and I'm tired, but I feel guilty having such a low mileage week.  After building up to 30+ mpw, 10 feels lazy.   Only a few months ago, I was thrilled to be able to run 10 again.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Ginny, DD is actually there and bringing  some home tomorrow, so if you are in the neighborhood...

"Dark Lord is a gargantuan Russian Style Imperial Stout, with a reverse cascading head that starts out billowing the color of burnt oil like the Dark Lord rising from the black primordial beginnings. Its resonant vinous aroma has been described as cherries, sweet malt, molasses, burnt currants, plums with a port wine alcohol undertow. Mochachino notes buried within. Motor oil consistency, hellishly smooth yet divinely burnt and vinous. The first sip coats your palate with a palatial charred fruit and chocolate blanket. Alcohol burn wiggles its way down your throat with a thick body.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Hi.  We had fun at the Country Music HM.  At the airport so I will write an RR sometime tomorrow.

Damaris

obiebyke

Hey everybody. Looking forward to the RRs Docket and Scotty.

AFM, I did C25K W4D3. No problem. This morning I went to my college's commencement, then home to run, then back to work to pick up an emergency evening shift. Then out to a lounge tonight to hear my friends host an open mike night. Yeesh! Happy Saturday!

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

Bin Running

Ran easy 2M and streak was intact.

Sunday where I am. Waiting in shelter for rain to stop. HM was cancelled. Could run 10k w/o medal if weather permit.

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

on my way to badass

Hi Penguins!  Ran my first 10K today and had a nap.  RR here.

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

hog4life

JERRY! I want one, or make that a case of them beers. Wow that sounds good!

13.1 miles running, then 16.2 miles riding with the family.

Robert31320

Team TJ

No running for me today but my yard chores are ALL caught up.

Running for TJ because he can't.