Beginners and Beyond

Racing this weekend? (Read 104 times)

Don't call me Buttercup!

Whatcha got going this weekend, people?  It's Cinco de Mayo - somebody ought to be running SOMETHING fun!

AFM, just a little HM.  No biggie.  =)

Slow and steady wins the....  wait a second! I've been lied to! 

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I have the Puerto Rico Marathon on the 5th.  Very excited for this one for reasons you know!

Damaris

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Me!!! It wasn't in the original plan, but I found out yesterday that there is a benefit for the local homeless support program that will have a 5K race in a park nearby to my apartment so I just signed up!!! And with encouragement from you guys here, I'm gonna race it and go for a PR!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

happylily

I have an ultra. The Mont-Tremblant 50 mile trail race. And I plan on running that sucker hard!

Just joking... Nothing for me.  I'm not crazy, like Damaris. Big grin

Good luck, Di! Have fun and try not to be too nervous!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

You do?  Where have I been?  Go rock it!

I have an ultra. The Mont-Tremblant 50 mile trail race. And I plan on running that sucker hard!

Just joking... Nothing for me.  I'm not crazy, like Damaris. Big grin

Good luck, Di! Have fun and try not to be too nervous!

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Fuck, you got me.  That'll teach me to read the whole thing including blank spaces....

Damaris

Just B.S.

Nope, full on taper mode right now.  Volunteering at a 5k/10k race for our good friends

who are the RD''s

We always run a half or full marathon on Mother's Day (this year the full on  May 12th) and

always volunteer the week before at our friends race. It's fun being at a race in taper mode but

not running. Get's me all jazzed up for the marathon.

Mostly harmless

I'm running a 5K at work Friday morning and then the Frederick Running Festival HM on Sunday.  I will attempt to run the 5K at HM pace but I might get carried away.

"It doesn’t matter how often you do it or how much you accomplish, in general, not running is a lot easier than running." - Meb Keflezighi

happylily

Fuck, you got me.  That'll teach me to read the whole thing including blank spaces....

LOL... Love you, D. Big grin You are unique and crazier than me. Big grin

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Sloooow.

Supposed to be a 5K on Sunday, rescheduled cemetery race. Toying with the idea of DNSing due to knee soreness and projected 80 degree temps.

B-Plus

Last time this question came up u said yes but didn't race. Let's try this again. Yes, HM.

Harris Jacobs Dream Run (5K) - May 5th

“Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.” - T.S. Eliot

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Racing this weekend?  Does a bear shi....ummm...never mind....

I am doing this one on Saturday morning..my 28th event of 2013.....the PODER 5K.  PODER stands for:

Parks Obesity Diabetes Education Research” (PODER)

There is also a 10K.  The walk/run will start at Lanier High School and continue on an educational and historic journey through downtown San Antonio. Our Mayor, Julian Castro - who is a runner himself - will be the Grand Marshal.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

MrNamtor

Especially blank spaces.

pae

Only three races this weekend.  Dead

Flying Pig 10k Saturday 8AM

Flying Pig 5k Saturday 10AM

Flying Pig Marathon Sunday 6:30AM

I can't believe I'm not freaking out yet.  Maybe that will happen once I get to Cincinnati tomorrow.