Beginners and Beyond

Racing this weekend? (Read 104 times)

Walk-Jogger

I'm running the Bloomsday 12K on Sunday, on a corporate cup team and with a second-seed start. This is my biggest race of the year. There should be about 50,000 runners there, so being able to start at the front is the only reason I'm willing to do it.  I first ran this race in 1983. The defending men's champion Allan Kiprono (Kenyan - what a surprise) wasn't even born until 1990. He'll beat me by 12-13 or more minutes, just the same.

Retired &  Loving It

You're supposed to be nervous. Smile

I just had a peek at your log. You're ready. Have fun and good luck!

Thanks!  I know I can run the distance, I am afraid of running too fast to start and walking the last 2 miles.  I will hopefully start slow and increase the pace as I go.  At least that is the plan. Wink

Don't call me Buttercup!

Good luck, everybody!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! =)

Slow and steady wins the....  wait a second! I've been lied to! 

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

I grew up in NJ too, but transplanted myself to NYC

Born and raised in North Jersey, but I've lived in PA for the past almost 13 years now.  I had a lot of friends in the Cliffside Park area in high school, so even though I didn't actually live there, it'll be like running in my old 'hood!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Rondog65

I ran the “Run to The Top” in Provincetown, a fundraiser for the Fire Fighters cancer relief fund.  The monument stands 252 feet, 7.5 inches tall and rises 350 feet above sea level.  The Monument consists of 116 stairs and 60 ramps.  The Pilgrim Monument is the tallest all-granite structure in the United States.  The race went well and I got a 2:35.4 PR and 1st place in my division, last year I won my division with 2:55.5.

Ron's PRs 5K 24:14 (12/07/2013); Half Marathon 1:53:33 (5/26/2013)

Finished my first half.  Met my goal.  Beyond excited and exhausted.  Smile

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I finished my Marathon in Puerto Rico.  the weather probably broke records today.  Not sure how I finished but I did!

Damaris

B-Plus

I finished my Marathon in Puerto Rico.  the weather probably broke records today.  Not sure how I finished but I did!

A marathon in PR? How did I miss that? Congrats on surviving the heat and humidity.

Mostly harmless

Ran a HM this morning. 1:44:18 which is a 7 minute PR for me. Woot!

"It doesn’t matter how often you do it or how much you accomplish, in general, not running is a lot easier than running." - Meb Keflezighi

RunswithBeer

Good job Scott. I was behind you with a 1:56 debut.

Rondog65

Makk9898 congrats on finishing your first Half Marathon, that is outstanding and a great accomplishment!!

Docket as stated before you are a machine, great job in completing your Marathon in Puerto Rico!!!

Im not Scott that is a great time and outstanding PR, shaving 7 minutes is a great accomplishment. Double Woot back at you!!

Ron's PRs 5K 24:14 (12/07/2013); Half Marathon 1:53:33 (5/26/2013)

Ran a HM this morning. 1:44:18 which is a 7 minute PR for me. Woot!

Awesome!   Smile

pae

Yesterday, I did the Flying Pig 10k (54:39), and the Flying Pig 5k (27:07).  Today I did the Flying Pig Marathon (4:27:36).

Two PRs, but only because I'd never done a 10k or a marathon before.  :-p

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Ran the Mayfest 5k here in Fort Worth with my DW and DD (as a family unit)

6yo DD PRd  29:48, placed 2nd out of 11 in her A/G  (1-10 yo) - 1st place was a 10yo by 49 seconds not shabby I say!

(1) 8yo

(3) 9yo

(6) 10yo

Mostly harmless

Yesterday, I did the Flying Pig 10k (54:39), and the Flying Pig 5k (27:07).  Today I did the Flying Pig Marathon (4:27:36).

Two PRs, but only because I'd never done a 10k or a marathon before.  :-p

Race report please!!

"It doesn’t matter how often you do it or how much you accomplish, in general, not running is a lot easier than running." - Meb Keflezighi