Beginners and Beyond

Thomas House 10k RR - My first AG medal! (Read 71 times)

Cyberic

The pic says it all!

Huge congrats on the race!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Congrats!  An AG is an AG, slow or not!  Well deserved!

Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

Congrats on the AG bling. You can only compete against who shows up.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Congrats on the AG award!!!! Awesome job and great medals!

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Brilliant

Aww, thank you all for the kind words.  It was a great day. Big grin

Congrats on the AG bling. You can only compete against who shows up.

Yep, I'm going to start paying more attention to these nice small local races. 

That is just too cool! Well done, Brilliant! You look radiant with joy in your picture.

I think the angle of the sun contributed to my beatific look.  Big grin

Zelanie

Congratulations!  You're going to have to stop doubting yourself, you were faster than most of the people in your AG who showed up, not even just those who stayed home!

I would also like to compliment you on your superhuman marathon recovery powers. Smile

Here's to the first of many AG awards for you! 

outoftheblue

Nice bling!  Congrats on a great race.

Life is good.

Woohoo! Way to go Brilliant. You avatar sits you cuz you ate shining! Just shining! Love your splits! Amazing.

Question...where was your race? My uncle, Thomas Houle of Mequon WI,  passed away this past fall. I see the race benefits homeless kids and I know he did charity work for children. Might it be a really, really small world?

Kathleen

2015 Goals:

Sub 30 5K

Sub 60 10K

Brilliant

I would also like to compliment you on your superhuman marathon recovery powers. Smile

Ha!  Remember I didn't really run 26.2...probably ran 17 and hobbled 9.  Hobbling uses different muscle groups than running, which made my recovery easier. 

Question...where was your race? My uncle, Thomas Houle of Mequon WI,  passed away this past fall. I see the race benefits homeless kids and I know he did charity work for children. Might it be a really, really small world?

That would be a small world indeed...but unless his charitable reach extended to Orange County, California, it's probably not related.

onemile

Congrats - it always feels good to beat your goal. And nice to earn hardware on top of that.

Zelanie

Ha!  Remember I didn't really run 26.2...probably ran 17 and hobbled 9.  Hobbling uses different muscle groups than running, which made my recovery easier. 

That would be a small world indeed...but unless his charitable reach extended to Orange County, California, it's probably not related.

Maybe you're better at hobble recovery than I am, since I hobbled 13 in my marathon!

Brilliant

Maybe you're better at hobble recovery than I am, since I hobbled 13 in my marathon!

Almost spewed my coffee on the keyboard with that one! I guess I can add "hobble recovery" to my list of skills.

Congrats - it always feels good to beat your goal. And nice to earn hardware on top of that.

Yes, I don't know if I was more excited about the "57" or the medal.  Big grin

Half Crazy K 2.0

When are you doing a 5k?

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Gosh, Brilliant, your splits are pretty darn speedy compared to what my splits are, lol.  Way to go on your 10K and beating your goal.  You did great!

Very nice photo of you too! Dang, you look all of 20-something years old.   Yeah, suuuure that's your son in your avatar photo.....uh huh, right....

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Brilliant

When are you doing a 5k?

I might do one in April.  I have a "goal" 5k on July 4 (just because I've done it the last two years) so I'll for sure do that one.

Very nice photo of you too! Dang, you look all of 20-something years old.   Yeah, suuuure that's your son in your avatar photo.....uh huh, right....

Well, in my current avatar photo, it's my husband!  And I married a much older man. Wink   You might be thinking of a previous avatar pic which was me with my 19yo son. He has a huge blonde afro and facial hair. Smile