Beginners and Beyond

Should I Sundailies (Read 42 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Same with me.  I am looking forward to the Denzel one.

No movie for us. They removed the 1150am movie because people are using the theater as a church.

freaking church people...

Zel I hope to have some sort of nap at some point today, and then a triple shot of my Hard Cider with some Cran-Apple juice later this evening..... I might even do two of those glasses.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Ran 11.5. Paced dh running 1.5 then 10 on my own. Dh did well. He hasn't been running but with me pushing him he got under 13 min miles While it wasn't far it was good for him and he hasn't run 12:52 miles in a really long time. It was very slow. But if I hadn't been with him he'd have been over 14 min miles and he would not have run as far.  Very happy for him. It was also really hot with the sun blaring so he was drenched

(With my cool down and the half mile cool down walk for dh I'm around 12.6 for the day. I just don't count walking in  my work out totals.)

Marjorie

Zelanie

Yay for your DH, Marjorie!  Mine doesn't run at all yet, but he has been pretty consistent with his walking.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Nice job, Marjorie's hubby!  Does he like the FitBit?

Damaris

happylily

That's great, Marjorie. Is your DH active in other ways? My son has added running to his exercise regimen in the last few months. He's a real recluse and a computer nerd and has always hated team sports. Getting him to exercise was always a challenge for my SO and myself. But now that he is 16, he's become a little more aware of girls and of his looks. SO counsels him on core work and lifting and I counsel him on running 3 times a week. It's a great combination for an exercise routine. I hope he sticks to it for the rest of his life. To start running at an older age isn't easy, my SO can attest to that.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

LRB

We liked it. 

That was a decent movie, I liked it as well!  That head shot at the end was a mutha fucka!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

That was a decent movie, I liked it as well!  That head shot at the end was a mutha fucka!

Wait, what head shot?  The one on the bad guy?  Or did I miss something?

Damaris

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

D he doesn't gave the fit bit yet. I got it to give to him for our anniversary which is Friday

Lilly kind of. He used to run more but he gets distracted and stops. He did an 8k last Nov but hasn't run since. He went back to running a few years ago, but he has been really really slow and inconsistent with his work outs and not good with his food choices. He has needed to lose weight but wasn't really trying. This last month I've helped him with his food and he is doing really well and he is trying.  Not really diet. Just portion control and better choices. As he loses weight he will speed up. He is down 10 lbs. if he loses 40 more he will probably get under 12 min miles. This month he is trying to add some activity into his schedule and looking to do a 5 K in Jan.  we have lots of options fir working out here (we have plenty of stuff like a bow flex, stationary bike, some  free weights, bosu, exercise balls, medicine balls etc. He is just Long way from when we got married 22 years ago but he will get there.  At least he is trying.

Marjorie

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Hope he likes it, Marjorie!

Damaris

Mmmmm...beer

Hey everyone!

22 miles done, great LR, it was a lil hot at first, but then the clouds rolled in and the breeze picked up and it actually felt good.  Nice way to finish off a 102 mile week, new weekly mileage PR. Smile

Recovering with football and beer. 

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Update on the missing women in my area:

The 30 year old mother who went missing on July 6 or 9 (news outlets have changed it up constantly) was found alive. Apparently she was being held captive in a trailer in Posey County by two men, one man (not of the two) was able to get her out of there and she is currently with EPD. The two men who had her have been arrested. That is all the details they have given, the other young mother from Boonville that went missing 3 weeks ago is still missing, they've used a drone for the air (and quite honestly how good is a drone during summer, when trees are covered with leaves? They claimed they used it to search over woodlands). And they've recently used sonar in waterways with no success, haven't even found her vehicle.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

Denzel's flick is The Equalizer.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I cannot wait!

Damaris

LRB

I cannot wait!

It comes out this month.

on my way to badass

I loved the show. Looking forward to the movie and Denzel.

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28