Bayshore Marathon

How is training going? (Read 527 times)

Got in a solid 5k race in Lansing this morning. Wasn't shooting for PR, but had a nice steady pace throughout. Good start to the racing season for me.
    -Andrew

Another Passion

Nice job Zoomy and Andrew. Big grin Have a great week running everyone!

Rick
      "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
      "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
      runningforcassy.blogspot.com

Had a GREAT race (and a 15k PR--even on a brutal course)! Will post a RR on the main boards once the official results are up and I can see where I was for AG and entire field, etc. Smile
        Congratulations on the PR!

Michelle

Got in a solid 5k race in Lansing this morning. Wasn't shooting for PR, but had a nice steady pace throughout. Good start to the racing season for me.
          How awesome is that? Such a great start and it'll only get better! Smile

Michelle

Yep, and if you run it really slow I might be able to keep up with you! Big grin
            Smile You make it sound like I'm a speed demon or something!

Michelle

corland

Finally, 10 day forecast has high temps above 50 everyday (after today)!!! Perfect time for a HUGE peek month runners!

Think Whirled Peas

That's the plan for April...load up on miles. Gonna try to run every chance I get for the month. It'll be nice to do most of it in shorts!

Just because running is simple does not mean it is easy.

Relentless. Forward. Motion. <repeat>

Hail to The Victors!

Finally, 10 day forecast has high temps above 50 everyday (after today)!!! Perfect time for a HUGE peek month runners!
                  About damn time! No more races in 30 degrees, I hope! We've actually been pretty lucky not to have more snow in March, I was pretty happy to be snow free for most of the month!

Marathonmanleto

Had the kids at the track last night ( i coach elementary and Jr. high track) we did 200's as it was snowing sideways. We must be close to nice weather...btw my hammys really feel it today!! The 200's that is.
                      Had the kids at the track last night ( i coach elementary and Jr. high track) we did 200's as it was snowing sideways. We must be close to nice weather...btw my hammys really feel it today!! The 200's that is.
                      As if 200's aren't hard enough! Ouch. I did a series of track workouts last fall and they kicked my butt. I now have so much more appreciation for those who do them on a regular basis!

Michelle

I'm thinking that there is no way I'll do 3:50 for this!!! I think I need to be way more conservative and go for 4:00. After last night's run I'm not too sure if my legs will give me under 4 yet. Sad I really wanted to do 20 miles this weekend but there was just too much going on and I had to settle for 14. I might do 20 next Sunday, would that be too close to race day? Should I just give up on getting another 20 miler in?

Michelle

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Michelle, I think you could still do it. There are a lot of people who swear by the 2 week taper, rather than 3. In the future I have thought about doing something in-between...maybe do my last long run 3-4 days later than I have for the first 2 'thons.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

corland

I'm thinking that there is no way I'll do 3:50 for this!!! I think I need to be way more conservative and go for 4:00. After last night's run I'm not too sure if my legs will give me under 4 yet. Sad I really wanted to do 20 miles this weekend but there was just too much going on and I had to settle for 14. I might do 20 next Sunday, would that be too close to race day? Should I just give up on getting another 20 miler in?
                            Last year I did the 2 week taper. I did my hardest 20 miler 14 days out. I felt very stong on race day. I think the boost in confidence was key. I'd say be conservative this week and then do the 20. I don't think you should give up on your goal. I'm probably the last one that should give advice on goals, but there it is. Wink
                              Michelle, I think you could still do it. There are a lot of people who swear by the 2 week taper, rather than 3. In the future I have thought about doing something in-between...maybe do my last long run 3-4 days later than I have for the first 2 'thons.
                              I think I'll do it. My friend Ira and I will do a 20 miler and then have breakfast at our usual spot. It'll be my Mother's Day gift to myself (some hours away from the kids!). Big grin I have never followed a training plan and even with this one I sort of rushed in my longer runs. We'll see.

Michelle

Last year I did the 2 week taper. I did my hardest 20 miler 14 days out. I felt very stong on race day. I think the boost in confidence was key. I'd say be conservative this week and then do the 20. I don't think you should give up on your goal. I'm probably the last one that should give advice on goals, but there it is. Wink
                                I think you're right about the confidence. It makes such a difference. Once I get past all the travel and pre-race nerves I'll relax enough to feel like I can reach my goal (or close enough!!!). Being conservative this week is perfect! I think I need it! Thank you. Smile

Michelle