Bayshore Marathon

Who's staying Saturday Night? (Read 485 times)

My daughter will be in softball, but it is a school team and I don't think they would have any school events over the holiday weekend. I'm not sure that she'll want to come along though either. She was mad that we canceled our customary camping trip to go to this. Roll eyes
    I signed up for the marathon and then thought about how my oldest son is graduating high school and I should probably find out when graduation is. THEN, I realized that we were running over the holiday weekend so odds were that graduation would not be that weekend, and it's not. Instead they are having their class trip to Disney that weekend. I don't have to be home for that. Smile You know, you could always find a campground near the race and do both! Big grin

Michelle

Another Passion

You know, you could always find a campground near the race and do both! Big grin
      I actually considered that, but I wanted to be nearer to all of you, I didn't want the added tension/stress of towing a 29' trailer up to northern Michigan on a holiday weekend (traffic is INSANE - be prepared Michelle) and setting up the trailer in a jam-packed campground. Also, I get a whopping 8 miles to the gallon when I tow the trailer so it would end up costing me about $200.00 in gas = 2 nights in our cozy/hassel-free hotel. If we weren't meeting up with a bunch of RA peeps, I may have considered it more. Just easier this way.

Rick
      "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
      "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
      runningforcassy.blogspot.com

I actually considered that, but I wanted to be nearer to all of you, I didn't want the added tension/stress of towing a 29' trailer up to northern Michigan on a holiday weekend (traffic is INSANE - be prepared Michelle) and setting up the trailer in a jam-packed campground. Also, I get a whopping 8 miles to the gallon when I tow the trailer so it would end up costing me about $200.00 in gas = 2 nights in our cozy/hassel-free hotel. If we weren't meeting up with a bunch of RA peeps, I may have considered it more. Just easier this way.
        Well, I see why you aren't too eager to do the camping thing that way. I was thinking along the lines of tent camping! But still, that is a busy weekend for camping and I'm sure the campgrounds will be very very hectic. My parents own a campground in NY and that weekend is always a big one for them, second to the 4th of July.

Michelle

corland

"Barring any unforeseen circumstances, Jackson (30-7) will face champion Rashad Evans for the light heavyweight crown at UFC 98 on May 23 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas." Am I the only pig in the group that thinks this will be interesting? I'd love to find a watch party at some sports bar in TC.

Another Passion

"Barring any unforeseen circumstances, Jackson (30-7) will face champion Rashad Evans for the light heavyweight crown at UFC 98 on May 23 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas." Am I the only pig in the group that thinks this will be interesting? I'd love to find a watch party at some sports bar in TC.
            I just watched the matches (UFC 96) last night with some guys at a friend's. This should be a good match. The match with the deaf guy, Matt, last night, and the Asian dude was wicked sick! I wonder if that Asian dude is alright?

Rick

Marathonmanleto

After all the ass kicking training runs and brutal weather we have all faced--those UFC guys should fear us Michiganders!!!!
              corland

After all the ass kicking training runs and brutal weather we have all faced--those UFC guys should fear us Michiganders!!!!
                He doesn't have anything on you Joe! Wink

Another Passion

I don't know, Joe. Them guys are flippin' nuts!

Rick

Goofy 2010

Just wanted to introduce myself. RA newb, but I run with Q regularly, so I've been aware of RA for awhile. He just recently convinced me to join. My wife and I are staying Sat night. Nice to meet you all.
                    Angels Smiling Don't Stop Running

Think Whirled Peas

There goes the neighborhood... Hi Josh! Smile

Just because running is simple does not mean it is easy.

Relentless. Forward. Motion. <repeat>

Goofy 2010

I'll try not to make you regret inviting me to RA.
                        Angels Smiling Don't Stop Running
                          I'll try not to make you regret inviting me to RA.
                          Funny. If things go wrong we'll just blame POQ! Big grin Welcome to RA Josh!

Michelle

Another Passion

Funny. If things go wrong we'll just blame POQ! Big grin Welcome to RA Josh!
                            Ditto that. Welcome, Josh. Looking forward to meeting you.... even though you own up to knowing and running with Q. Big grin

Rick

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Yay, another person to be waiting at the finish with a beer in-hand (for me) as I cross! Big grin Nice to have you here, Josh. Now you will see that Q doesn't exaggerate when he says we're a bunch of freaks. Evil grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Marathonmanleto

Hi Josh--welcome to the MIchigander swamp. Run long, run hard.